ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

neighbour complaint lol

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
as i was pulling in i saw my opposite neighbour comeing towards my house, as i stepped out he takes a look at my car and goes 'hmmm nice engine'. didnt think much of it and then he comes out with 'oh why do you leave it idling in the morning for so long?' i go 'because the car will stall if i try and reverse out of the drive when its cold' (i have cams etc). this is the best part, he then goes' can you not park your car the other way round as it starts to vibrate my whole house and esp on the weekends when you go to work'. i go 'i work at 11.15 so it shouldnt be that bad', and he was like 'i work till late etc' - but the asshole is a teacher and on holiday!

i live on a busy road so loads of cars going past all the time, im very suprised that the car would make that much noise. still i thought it was quite funny and will carry on doing it to piss him off, its not like im revving the car or doing anything wrong by leaving it idling!

2000 renault clio 1.2 8v
buy a turbo car with a turbo timer on it so sits and idles long after youve locked it and gone inside. that should really annoy him lmao

TeZ

Non RS : (
my neighbour did this ... " y do u leave your loud motobike ticking over for ages" it got a very highly strung 2 stroke engine in it i said, he kept ranting , but i kept doing it and reved it more and more to pee him off because at the end of the day i never anoyed anyone else and he live 3 houses down lol y do they alwas have to put there noses in GRRRR anoyes me

A4 Avant
All he did was ask you to park it the other way round

I thought the same thing.

The exhaust on my car is pretty boomy at idle when cold so I've started parking my car the other way round so I don't annoy my neighbours.

Why wind someone up when you can so easily do something to accomodate them!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
All he did was ask you to park it the other way round

I thought the same thing.

The exhaust on my car is pretty boomy at idle when cold so I've started parking my car the other way round so I don't annoy my neighbours.

Why wind someone up when you can so easily do something to accomodate them!

I have to agree with that. If a neighbour of mine told me something I was doing annoyed them, I would do my best to either stop it or make the situation better. There is no sense in upsetting neighbours. I have alot of respect for my neighbours and everyone else who lives in my road and I do my best not to annoy any of them. In return they all do the same.

I would try turning the car around like he suggested to see if that makes any difference .

cock mobile.
If it was my neighbour I'd kindly oblige, I prefer to get on with them.

Plus he could complain about noise pollution, or get the police to give you a S59, see that other thread in general chat.

Not got a car
I hate neighbours, i live in a semi det house and the 2 poofs next door are so loud at everything they do. Expecially leaving the f**king dog in the house all day and night when there not there, We cant do anything we just have to put up hearing the dog in every room in our house we just cant get away from it.

If a neighbour came to me and asked politely i'd have no trouble in sorting it out if i could. Shame the c***s dont feel the same.

No body has respect these days

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I hate neighbours, i live in a semi det house and the 2 poofs next door are so loud at everything they do. Expecially leaving the f**king dog in the house all day and night when there not there, We cant do anything we just have to put up hearing the dog in every room in our house we just cant get away from it.

If a neighbour came to me and asked politely i'd have no trouble in sorting it out if i could. Shame the c**ts dont feel the same.

No body has respect these days

I agree with that too. It is a total lack of respect that causes these problems in the first place.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
luda, shall I bring mine round, we'll idle outside till his windows fall out :p

How ANYONE can complain about noise and live on that road..

hmmm i get what you guys are saying then again if my parents are sleeping at home id rather park the car the other way to be honest. on the other my road is far to busy for me to be waiting on the side of the road for god knows how long before i can reverse it in. but if when its quite on the road i get a chance to reverse it in i will do no probz, but i dont think there was any need to compliment my 'engine' if he was just going to do say that.

MCS R56
If it was my neighbour I'd kindly oblige, I prefer to get on with them.

Plus he could complain about noise pollution, or get the police to give you a S59, see that other thread in general chat.

Have to say, I agree. It it very annoying at any time of the day. Some twit goes up my street everyday with the loudest car in the world and it really pi$$es me off. He sits for ages waiting on his burd and vibrates the whole street. There is just no point in having his 1.4 Civic that loud. His car must be illegal.

Pretty crap that your car stalls if you don't warm it up. I couldn't be ar$ed with that everyday!

luda, shall I bring mine round, we'll idle outside till his windows fall out :p

How ANYONE can complain about noise and live on that road..

haha exactly!then again the guys on here wont know the kinda road i live on either.

133/225/CLS AMG
Lets be honest, you've gotta be pretty sad if you let things like that really bother you.

Yeah, if its 2am on a Sunday night and you're sat there revving your engine up, rightly so someone should tell you to sh!t off.

But otherwise who cares, we all have to live round each other so just deal with it. The missus 182 has two custom back boxes and you can hear that shake the front windows but no one moans.

on the look out
got a t**t in my street who has to keep looking in his boot of his pug xsi whilst having his sub pumping away for few mins and boy did he pi$$ me off last night i nearly sat him on his arse lol . whilst im out i just like laughing at his car when im cleaning mine

ITB BG 182
the road im on is short but theres alot of houses to the side of things, i work late nights an try to make it as easy and quiet as i can coming home from work but all i get from my neighbours is "why cant you change your car an get some thing quieter" an i have had my cat put back on aswell as my standard air box an tried loads of things but its up hill an i have a garage.
So stuff'd them an now have a viper and de-cat'd aswell as first or 2nd gear up hil about 5mph.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
We have alot of houses in our street, some have older people in and some have younger families with very young children that take naps early afternoon. Whenever I come onto our estate I kill my speed to about 15-20mph, and turn my stereo right down. As I pull up ouside my house to reverse into my drive I kill the volume on the stereo completely and reverse in as quietly as I can.

I like to treat my neighbours how I would like to be treated myself. We all keep ourselves to ourselves most of the time around here. We give each other nods and say hello once in a while but, when someone needs help (like the woman 3 doors down whos bungalow caught fire), we all rally round and give as much help and support as we can. It makes it a nice area to live in with all the neighbours considering each other. So much nicer than constantly arguing all the time.

visualize whirled pe
but i dont think there was any need to compliment my 'engine' if he was just going to do say that.

He was doing that to brake the ice and make it less tense when he asked you to do a 'favor' for him thats all.

I'm a car enthusiast and enjoy cars too but if you lived next to me and I thought your car was loud I'd do the same.
It's not an unreasonable thing for him to ask, read some of the threads in general chat where neighbors have taken a dislike to something and vandalized the car rather than having a polite quite word like your neighbor.

Not got a car
We have alot of houses in our street, some have older people in and some have younger families with very young children that take naps early afternoon. Whenever I come onto our estate I kill my speed to about 15-20mph, and turn my stereo right down. As I pull up ouside my house to reverse into my drive I kill the volume on the stereo completely and reverse in as quietly as I can.

I like to treat my neighbours how I would like to be treated myself. We all keep ourselves to ourselves most of the time around here. We give each other nods and say hello once in a while but, when someone needs help (like the woman 3 doors down whos bungalow caught fire), we all rally round and give as much help and support as we can. It makes it a nice area to live in with all the neighbours considering each other. So much nicer than constantly arguing all the time.

Wish it was like it down our street, or even just next door.

Noisey neighbours can make other peoples lifes miserable, even if they dont know they are doing it.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +

Wish it was like it down our street, or even just next door.

Noisey neighbours can make other peoples lifes miserable, even if they dont know they are doing it.

Yes I totally agree. I think we are quite fortunate living where we do. Our neighbours both sides are the best! The family next door sometimes have parties or bbq's that go on quite late, but they normally warn us when they are going to have one. The next day she comes round with a card that aplogises for any noise and a bottle of wine. They really are very good.

The other week I was worried that the tv in our bedroom which is on 24/7 might be bothering them at night. I saw them out in their front garden doing a spot of tidying up and asked them if we were bothering them at all. They said they never hear us and certainly don't hear the tv. I was relieved to say the least.

We do however have one family that moved in nearly two years ago that have caused us all major grief. They are not the type of people you can have a quiet word with or approach at all. They are more likely to throw a brick through a window if you tried to reason with them. Needless to say a few residents have complained about them to the Council as they are Council tenants. I think they are now on their last warning. (Insdie info ;) ).

Not got a car
Sounds like your neighbours are pretty spot on, You exspect the odd party ect.

We have complaind to the RSPCA and the council but they are not interested and the RSPCA said that the dog has food and water so theres nothing they can do, Even if it does Cry and Bark all day and night.

The thing is its 2 blocks of new semi det houses and in the other 2 next to us there is a young girl in one and an old lady in the other, its just our luck to get the shitty end of the stick.

Its getting to much, im looking forward in starting my new job, mainly because i will be working 11-12 hours a day so its less time at home.

A4 Avant
I'm fortunate enough to have great neighbours hence why I'm thoughtful in my actions. If I knew there was something I could easily do to stop annoying them, I'd do it!

I cut there hedges for them and give them apples from my apple tree in return I get apple crumble, my plants watered when I'm not there and Jerk Chicken dinner!:cool:

The dude lives on a busy road, which will be noisy - yet he's moaning about you leaving your car idling for a bit. Jokes !

as i was pulling in i saw my opposite neighbour comeing towards my house, as i stepped out he takes a look at my car and goes 'hmmm nice engine'. didnt think much of it and then he comes out with 'oh why do you leave it idling in the morning for so long?' i go 'because the car will stall if i try and reverse out of the drive when its cold' (i have cams etc). this is the best part, he then goes' can you not park your car the other way round as it starts to vibrate my whole house and esp on the weekends when you go to work'. i go 'i work at 11.15 so it shouldnt be that bad', and he was like 'i work till late etc' - but the asshole is a teacher and on holiday!

i live on a busy road so loads of cars going past all the time, im very suprised that the car would make that much noise. still i thought it was quite funny and will carry on doing it to piss him off, its not like im revving the car or doing anything wrong by leaving it idling!
That's one of the problems with this country. Nobody has repect for their neighbours and when one of them politely asks you to avoid doing something or trying something else you just get abuse or petty childish revenge taken against you by them doing more of what you've asked them not to do.

Just reverse your car in and stop annoying your him. Doing it more is not going to help anyone and will cause a lot more headaches down the line.

my neighbour did this ... " y do u leave your loud motobike ticking over for ages" it got a very highly strung 2 stroke engine in it i said, he kept ranting , but i kept doing it and reved it more and more to pee him off because at the end of the day i never anoyed anyone else and he live 3 houses down lol y do they alwas have to put there noses in GRRRR anoyes me
How do you know it doesn't piss anyone else off? Because of morons like yourself nobody says anything to anyone anymore because you get petty c***s like yourself who will just do it even more because they don't have respect for anyone. What's the point in being a c**t?

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
neighbour is annoyed with me
the sub combined with exhaust is quite loud

plus i kinda used to shoot at his cats with bb guns xD

guy done that with my neighbours cat once...

so i foned the police...

he now has a firearms charge against him

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I seem to recall a thread on here a while back where someone supposedly reversed off his drive into the path of another car.

Not sure which way you're parking yours but I think according to some highwaycode thingy you're meant to reverse on, drive off.

I always try to respect my neighbours as they're handy for collecting parcels when I'm out.

My driveway is on an incline so as I reverse on the drive, I always knock my xenons off so they don't shine right in their windows opposite my house.

Seems like a natural reaction nowadays for someone to kick off and get in to a battle for the slightest thing.

i hardly did anything to provoke the guy, some of you lot are making it seem as though im planning to write c**t on his house, i told him ill see what i can do. put it this way, im the first house (no 1) off a busy round about with 4 junctions coming off it, people speed as they come onto my road, no way am i going to take a chance of reversing in if its too busy end of. but as i said, if i do get the chance i will!

and one more thing, im not revving my car outside my house, its left there to IDLE for 3-4 mins so im hardly doing anything wrong, between my car and his house there is around 16-17 meters gap!

TBH its just being polite.

As a night worker, I can wholly appreciate where he is coming from and there is no point in being an arsehole for no reason. Just be more polite and if he still moans then he can go swivel.

End of the day, it only takes on person to get the hump and put a massive key mark in your paint.