ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some help with restoring paint.

Not got a car
Hey

My wife bought a vts last week in silver.

The paint in some places its stained brown, and when you buff off some polish you get like a ruff feeling on the paint, like theres some specs of something hard.

What can i use to restore it, ive tryed Meq Pait Cleaner, and just tryed Auto Glym Paint Restorer but it was getting dark.

I think with the Auto Glym one it was working slowley.

Megane
Is claying really the best thing to do to a car? my car is 6 years old in blue and im thinking of claying?

Not got a car
Yeah that is something that i will try.

what about the staind mankey patches in corners and that.

Saxo :(
Yeah that is something that i will try.

what about the staind mankey patches in corners and that.

I very much doubt it's a stain, you will probably find it's just a contaminant firmly bonded to the paint. Clay Bar would be your first port of call, give it a couple of passes. If this does not work then get some Bug & Tar remover, that's also pretty good stuff.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You have to clay it first.

You don't have to...It's advisable but not manitory.

If the paints fairly contaminated it'll be a slow process. For the best results find someone in your area to PC it. The process after paint correction is much simplier than tackling it yourself.

Ali