ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need some help/advice (insurance)

Car less once more
Hi all im after a bit of advice to help a friend so heres the crack, he borght a new car wilst waiting for the lone for his incurance to come thought, he was driving with no incurance and crashed in to another car on the same day his lone cleard on the way to work, so when he got to work he sorted the incurance, then they rang him back telling him he wasn’t coverd for the crash he had that morning, so he pay a large amout out of his pocket to get his car and the other one back on the road! Every think seems fine he skint but all right. Now bout a month later hes got a letter from the incarance compay saying they doing him for fraud the copper or getting involved and they cancled his policey keeping the cash he payed, so hes payed a years insurance and only had 2 months cover, he got 7 well 6 now days to respond to the letter, is there out he can do bout it since he didn’t pursue eny clames that would have been made on the insurance, or is he just screwd

And yes I know he shouldnt have been driving im after helping him not getting told how daft it was!!!

thanks

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
dont really understand exactly what you are saying....
sounds like he was driving without insurance, then crashed...
then phoned up the insurance company and then took out a policy?
what after the crash ??

ummm

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
sounds to me he crashed without insurance because the loan didn't clear till after the accident meaning the policy didn't start till after the crash, so driving without insurance. think hes actually quite f**ed and will be lucky if he does'nt get any points or a ban

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
sounds to me he crashed without insurance because the loan didn't clear till after the accident meaning the policy didn't start till after the crash, so driving without insurance. think hes actually quite f**ed and will be lucky if he does'nt get any points or a ban

umm,

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
put it this way lol example, crash happen'd at 11am, money for insurance never cleared till 1pm which will be the start time for the policy meaning no claims can be made till after start time/date

Car less once more
put it this way lol example, crash happen'd at 11am, money for insurance never cleared till 1pm which will be the start time for the policy meaning no claims can be made till after start time/date

aye thats the jist of it but are the insurance company alowd to keep ya cash and cancle ya poliscy! it dont sound right to me hes payed for a year insurance now they like fu*k you mate u tryd to con us so we keeping ya cash and we taking you to court and not insuring you no more!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

yesthats the jist of it but are the insurance company allowed to keep your cash and cancel your policy?! it doesnt sound right to me, hes payed for a year insurance now they are like fu*k you mate, you tried to con us so we are keeping your cash and we are taking you to court and not insuring you any more!

The insurance company wouldn't do anything like this unless he/the third parties insurance company has contacted his company to try to make a retrospective claim. Looks dodgey as hell having an accident then buying insurance that afternoon. One of either you or your friend is not telling the whole story..

You can't claim for something that happened before the insurance began. If he declared the accident when setting up the insurance, they would have no reason to do what they have done. Sounds to me more like he didn't declare it and they have now been approached regarding liability for the accident.