ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some advicee please, Went to look at a clio today...

Titanium PH1
Hi there i went to look at a clio 182 ff today on an 04 plate with 76k, the front bumper needs a respray, there a few dings in the car and wheels have a few scuffs but apart from that looks very clean engine seems sweet etc

he wants to straight swap for my c2 code on a 56 with 41k on the clock rear quarters dented it, has a dent in pass door and may need a new clutch

what do i dooo??

thanks in advance

How much is your C2 worth?

So it needs a refurb (£200), a front bumper repspray (£150) and a few dings (£30 each)

What colour is it? If it's Arctic Blue or something like that, then I wouldn't pay more than £3k.

Titanium PH1
its black mate, i can get the paint done pretty cheap, and the wheels i will be buying speedline 2118s anyway! the c2 ranges alot like on ebay u see them going for £2700+ and then on PH ranging upto £6000 but of course mine needs the side painted pref to get the colour match

How much was it advertised for? If you're going to buy wheels and can get paint done cheaply, then it might not be so bad.

Has the cambelt been done and by who?

Titanium PH1
it was on swapz.co.uk mate so didnt have a set price, he has receipts for 2 cambelts and loads of services but i rang the garage where it say it had a cambelt done and they said it hasnt, they said the last time they had the car was in 2008 on 43k but its got receipts from the same garage upto 72k

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
it was on swapz.co.uk mate so didnt have a set price, he has receipts for 2 cambelts and loads of services but i rang the garage where it say it had a cambelt done and they said it hasnt, they said the last time they had the car was in 2008 on 43k but its got receipts from the same garage upto 72k

walk away

Yeah. Avoid it mate.

Sell yours and buy a decent one. The cambelt is a fickle thing on these engines. It needs to be spot on. It doesn't need two cambelts on age or miles anyway. So seems strange that it's had two.

Titanium PH1
Yeah. Avoid it mate.

Sell yours and buy a decent one. The cambelt is a fickle thing on these engines. It needs to be spot on. It doesn't need two cambelts on age or miles anyway. So seems strange that it's had two.

i cant sell my car knowone wants it mate

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
Knock another grand off and you'll shift it. It's probably not what you want to hear, but with the damage its got, you can't expect it to fetch what you want.

Last edited:
  White clique
just repair you car, why would someone want to buy yours damaged even if its cheaper than others when they then have to go and sort the repair. Once you've fixed it you will get more interest, its a no brainer.