ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need some advice on detail products

Clio mk3
so im new to detailing and have no idea where to start ive never really done any detailing apart from giving the car a good wash inside and out.
I'm looking to but some decent shampoo,clay and polish. only looking to spend like £15 as im tight on cash.
If anyone could tell me some good but cheap products it would be much appreciated!

Dod Juice BTBM
Bilt Hamber Autoclay
Tripple

Little over £15 I'm sure, but that's detailing for you.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
he also said £15, so at least he'll get a variety in the kit. enough to get him started till he can afford to get accessories

BTBM will almost blow his budget. Then claying isn't a good idea unless he buys tar and iron removers to use first. Ahh there's just too much.

Don't buy anything, don't get into detailing, it's not worth the money you'll end up spending!

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
Typically 75/100ml of citrus power pre wash, some users use a lot more but is only needed on the lower half of the car
20/30ml of lather shampoo per wash
50ml of tripple all in one polish per application but on its own this will last 2months.
20ml of toughcoat sealant per application, over tripple it should last 3 to 4months.
revive trim dressing 10ml maybe 20ml for a Clio per apllication, and depending on which part of the car the plastic is on will last anything from 1 to 3months,

Arctic 182 & PB 172
he also said £15, so at least he'll get a variety in the kit. enough to get him started till he can afford to get accessories

BTBM will almost blow his budget. Then claying isn't a good idea unless he buys tar and iron removers to use first. Ahh there's just too much.

Don't buy anything, don't get into detailing, it's not worth the money you'll end up spending!

This made me lol!!