ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need info, Clio 172 Phase1 owners please help

HI Clio Sport forum, It's a pleasure for me participate of your forum
I'm Alexandre, and I'm owner of a Brazilian Clio SI K4M 2001. I am a fan of Renault Clio, and I had many of them 1.0 liter, and now I bought this 1.6 liter to get some track days.
Unfortunately Brazilian Renault have never produced and sold in Brazil none of the Clio sport. Brazilians fans like me build theirs Sport Clios using Megane Scenic parts (engine, breaks, etc..) now I'm researching to produce a front bumper of Clio 172 Phase1 in fiber glass. I know you might think why not import a bumper, but the problem is that our Clio is different, and the bumper have different "fit" (check on photo of brazilian red clio).

To continue this project I really need from you a favor.. Could you please measure the distances in picture and advice here in forum?

I'm working to produce 8 bumpers in fiber glass to many different Clios Projects here in Brazil for many owners (fans like me), your help is much appreciatted.

Attachments

• measures.jpg
    measures.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 124
  • clio-si.jpg
    clio-si.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 147
  2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Nice cars Danny! I'm with Alexandre in the odyssey that is to build a Renault for track days in Brazil. I have a k4m 2002 Clio RT as a daily driver and I'm going to swap it for a F4R.
As alexandre said we don't have Renault sport parts here. I'll be fitting 284mm scenic brakes this week, f4r clutch, and 2 1/4" exhaust. Hopefully in July the F4R is going in. Standard 140hp with RS 172 intake manifold and 4 in 1 exhaust manifold. I will also try to tune the engine to have its power band until 6500rpm since the top power comes @ 5500rpm in the stock engine. Should arround 150hp. Lets see how it goes!
Thank you very much for your support!

Cheers

With your help we have already a prototype. We are very happy to end the paperwork and see the results.
We known it's not perfect, but we made all base on photos.
See attached

Attachments

• comparativo.jpg
    comparativo.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 93
  • clio_2.jpg
    clio_2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 70
That looks very near on! The front vents look a tad closer than they should be but good job!

Couldn't you just have got the wings/fenders bumper and the side skirts imported though? Surely the actual mounting points are the same?

Also have you used one piece for the grill and bumper?

Yes, it's one piece for all parts..
The problem of importing is the taxes, and it's difficult to enter on airport/port customs...
I'm traumatized, I've lost recently 150 UK pounds importing intake manifold.. the officials said it was not the declared value (4 pounds) and penalty me in more 350 dolars.. I give up to retrieve and lost the value paid.. :(

Attachments

• molde1.jpg
    molde1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 59
  • molde2.jpg
    molde2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 76