ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need help people asap

sport 172
Hi people.I have a big problem i think.When im in 2nd gear doing about 20mph i get a noise which i thought was rear brake pads low and grinding on the disc.Thats what the noise sounds like.But when i push down on the clutch so im free wheeling the noise goes.As soon as i take my foot back off the clutch pedal the noise comes back.This makes me think maybe its gearbox related.Any help on this could be good.Thanks

sport 172
When the clutch pedal is pressed down I get no noise so it's not thrust bearing as it says it will make more noise when pressed down

02 Clio 172
Depends on quality of clutch really, I would think a cheap 3 peice kit (clutch, pressure plate and thrust bearing) would be £100, around £200 for a garage to fit? All a guess tho just going of previous experiences. That would be the very cheapest price mind

sport 172
Now I'm thinking it might be my exhaust as that has been making dodgy noise over the last week.I no if I'm just free wheeling the exhaust is only ticking over we're as when under pressure it may be the noise.