ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a sump plug

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Service is due next week so just getting the parts together. Last time I did the oil the sump plug thread was a bit worn and I don't want to risk having a nakard plug so want to get a new one. Not sure if GSF/Andrew Page/ECP will have one in stock, so what dealer on here can I get one from?
Would call the local Renault dealer but they refused to pick up their phone for 3 days when I tried to call last time and I cba with that.

PH1 Track Car
You could get a magnetic Gold Plug. I got a couple from Opie Oils for my engine and gearbox plugs.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If you get the gold magnetic sump plug then you will also need a 25mm socket. They are awesome sump plugs though.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
If you get the gold magnetic sump plug then you will also need a 25mm socket. They are awesome sump plugs though.
Pretty certain my step dad's socket set goes up to 30mm, so have this covered! If not then it will be worth buying one. Only ever do work on the car at my parents, mainly to use his tools!!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Pretty certain my step dad's socket set goes up to 30mm, so have this covered! If not then it will be worth buying one. Only ever do work on the car at my parents, mainly to use his tools!!
Thats good cause I have the 250 piece halfords advanced and it doesnt have it, ended up using an adjustable spanner.
Definitely get the sump plug they are great quality. Buy it from Opie oils and also get this:
Cup Oil Filter Wrench 76mm / 12 Flutes -single
SKU: 000980581£5.83
Its makes getting the oil filter on and off a breeze.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I know I should start collecting my own tools (I got a tool box + some tools last Christmas to start off the collection), but his tools are a lot better quality and over the years has gathered everything! Although I bought the set of sump plug keys the other year the first time I changed the oil in the Clio!
Never seen a filter wrench like that, I use one that has a strip of leather and a grip bit for it. It seems to work fine, but after last time it was looking worn so I may invest in a new one.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Like can you see the crap the plug attracts when you remove it after a while? I know on the video on the website the amount of material they put in wasn't representative but for show, but can you see it working?
Oh and placebo upgrades are defo worth the extra money if they don't work :tongueclosed:

clio 172
Like can you see the crap the plug attracts when you remove it after a while? I know on the video on the website the amount of material they put in wasn't representative but for show, but can you see it working?
Oh and placebo upgrades are defo worth the extra money if they don't work :tongueclosed:
I changed my oil on my 172 this evening and replaced the sump plug aswell. It cost me £2 from the parts company we use called 'allparts' theres quite a few around the countryi think?