ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a spare remote key

Clio 172
I only have 1 key :-(

do I have to pay silly money at Renault or can timpsons or similar copy my existing key and produce me a new one like they can with fords?

Ph2 172
The fobs are really pricey. Renault only I think.

I got a key (without a remote) from a key cutters. They cant all do it though because they need to have a certain machine/computer to program it.Timpsons said no.
It cost £20 or something.

Not bad for a spare.

ph1 172
I have key cover with my insurance, wondering if they'll give you 2 keys if you "lose" the 1 you have.

Clio 172
Thanks

ive never heard of key cover? Is that something i would have paid extra for or is it included usually?

If you do that when you have the new one reprogrammed to start the car, the old one will be deleted and therefore wont start the car!

As suggested if you want one just to open the door, cheapest way is a local key cutter

Clio 172
If you do that when you have the new one reprogrammed to start the car, the old one will be deleted and therefore wont start the car!

As suggested if you want one just to open the door, cheapest way is a local key cutter

If I just open the door with the key then it just makes a long beep. Immobiliser I assume. I haven't tried to start it without using remote to unlock though.

if I get just a key cut is there a way to override alarm/Imob to open and start the car?

im guessing I'll need to get proper remote key tho

If I just open the door with the key then it just makes a long beep. Immobiliser I assume. I haven't tried to start it without using remote to unlock though.

if I get just a key cut is there a way to override alarm/Imob to open and start the car?

im guessing I'll need to get proper remote key tho

If you want the key to start the car it's needs a chip in which will be coded to the vehicles immobiliser

if you don't have the chip the car will not start, by time you've messed about trying to find ways around a good system you could have just had a key cut and programmed !

You our can unlock the car with a key in the passenger side door , this doesn't need to be a remote a simple key blade will do this !