ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a new torrent client, Transmission sucks.

Storm Grey 200
My old faithful transmission is really pissing me off, loosing data, and just not getting any speed, the top i reached yesterday was 2.4kbs. Any ideas whats causing it to be so slow? or a new client, that isnt full of crap, nice and clean like transmission

cheers

Tesla MP3 2021
Utorrent all day long. You need to make sure that it is fully connected i.e not being blocked by a firewall or router etc....

Newsgroups are good but free private torrent trackers are better ;)....

Storm Grey 200
Yeah 10.5, Im finding the same problem with uTorrent, All my downloads are reaching top speeds of about 3KBs, I cant see any problems with firewalls, could it be the router? its usually not this bad, normally about 400kbs

172 cup
You may need to configure your router to allow access through a specific port. Iirc there is an option in utorrent client to check if your ports are forwarding.

172 cup
Torrents FTL really, anyone can get your I.p address when your using a torrent.
Only a matter of time before people get fecked for piracy imo, as said above newsgroups is where it's at.

Tesla MP3 2021
Doh lol. Have you deffo got the green tick at the bottom of utorrent indicating a full connection.

If yes then it could be the actual torrents themselves.

182FF with cup packs
What does this do... I'm alittle confused whether its for speed increase or to stop your IP address getting out...

It's to allow traffic directly in to your PC from the internet on specific ports. For instance if you are running a webserver. Torrent clients use this also. It generally lets you download stuff faster from p2p networks because you are participating fully in the client/server exchange and not just leeching files.

Also, you can't easilly prevent your IP address getting out there, it's how the internet works, every packet leaving your PC or network is identififed with your IP address so that the reply can get back.

(note: while not 100% true the above can be taken as truth for the purposes of normal everyday internet usage)

Tesla MP3 2021
Well for me I had to create a internal static IP for my PC and set the relevant firewall and services rules up in my Netgear DG834GT. This site shows you how to do it all. Its so Utorrent has a full connection rather than being blocked either by your firewall or your router.

DCi
just out of curiousity, what are you using to connect to your router? is it wireless or cabled?

I switched from a wireless to a cable and my download speeds went from about 2kb to 100kb :S worth a go. (im miles away from my router though)

Octy VRS
Only a matter of time before people get fecked for piracy imo
Not totally true. The site I use has been investigated by the RIAA with no negative effect or convictions.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Utorrent all day long. You need to make sure that it is fully connected i.e not being blocked by a firewall or router etc....

Newsgroups are good but free private torrent trackers are better ;)....
free private torrents are still gash, have to constantly upload to keep your ratio up, which slows down browsing, newsgroups and rapidshare are download only, and ALWAYS at the max your connection can take, can't get better than that!

Also, much less choice, news and rapid have everything and more!

Tesla MP3 2021
All very well and good but I would rather upload than pay for Usenet!. Plus with my AnnexM (upload plus) connection uploads are done in no time at all.

I have been trialling Usenet the past few weeks actually and I found there was more choice on my private torrent site than there was on Newzbin.

So until I am forced out from using torrents Usenet can wait ;)...

Will keeping the ratio up give better DL speeds.

Also torrents are free newsgroups are not. Why pay to still get something illegally?

172 cup
Not totally true. The site I use has been investigated by the RIAA with no negative effect or convictions.

I use private tracker sites too.. but all it would take is your ip logged on a torrent file that is hosted elsewhere aswell as on your private tracker and surely they can see your ip? I may be wrong, but thats my understanding of it.

You pay for the anonimity and speed

I do not suggest you become a pirate..

Nah bro i get that. I'm just a student and well i've no money. All i dl really is American TV that we should get. It doesn't take me long to get a proogram at all, from 5-10mins sometimes to an hour if its slow etc.

What kinda time would you see on a 200mb thing, or a 700mb thing?

Fiesta ST2
Only a matter of time before people get fecked for piracy imo, as said above newsgroups is where it's at.

if i recall correctly its okay to download software or any "warez" it is how ever illegal to upload/share them, also there is no actual solid way of them proving who it was its been proven again and again there technique of finding users out is udder b****cks have a read around torrentfreak.. its an intresting site.

172 cup
if i recall correctly its okay to download software or any "warez" it is how ever illegal to upload/share them, also there is no actual solid way of them proving who it was its been proven again and again there technique of finding users out is udder b****cks have a read around torrentfreak.. its an intresting site.

to be honest mate I don't know enough about it to give a good nor well informed arguement about it, but in saying that I feel I know enough to stop me doing it personaly; and therefore not recommend it to others.

182FF with cup packs

It's a very grey area.

Technically, if you are downloading from a p2p source, then by the very nature of p2p, you are uploading parts off the file to others as well.

They get really annoyed though when you are seeding the entire package/file, so from the moment that your download finishes and gets automatically shared, that when you can geet into trouble, because all of a sudden you are sharing the entire package with the world.

There's no "solid" way of proving who was using an IP address, but as any action taken against you would be a civil action on the part of the film/software company, the burden of proof is much less than in a criminal case. It all depends on how accommodating that your ISP is. Your ISP know EXACTLY which customer has what IP address at any one time. Once they can prove it's your connectiont has been sharing the file, all of a sudden it becomes up to you to prove it wasn't.

dk

911 GTS Cab
All very well and good but I would rather upload than pay for Usenet!. Plus with my AnnexM (upload plus) connection uploads are done in no time at all.

I have been trialling Usenet the past few weeks actually and I found there was more choice on my private torrent site than there was on Newzbin.

So until I am forced out from using torrents Usenet can wait ;)...
its a whole £6 a month, thats 1 1/2 pints!!!!!! (well around here it is)

and i don't use newzbin, usenext had a search engine built into it.