ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nasty knocking sound over 5000 rpm 172 cup

172 cup
Hi,

There is a new knocking noise I have acquired, it only happens when I go over 5000 rpm and there's 3 knocking noises or occasionally when I hit a big bump there is one loud knock. I have checked my mounts and they seem ok and my exhaust has a bit of movement but not excessive it feels like the knock is down by your feet in the middle of the car if anything slightly more to the passenger side.

has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks

172 Cup
I have the purple and have found it spot on! Vibrates a bit on tick over but meh, gear stick doesn't move violently like a 'Rampant Rabbit' on fracture mode when winding on now..

172 cup
Also a lot of people are saying the powerflex ones don't last that long and you may as we'll save money and buy genuine Renault ones? Options please

172 cup
Also a lot of people are saying the powerflex ones don't last that long and you may as we'll save money and buy genuine Renault ones? Opinons please