ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Narrow front track on 172??!

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
For some reason, my front track isn't quite wide enough to fill my arches with the standard 172 5 spokes or my new 2118's, why is this? I've never seen one like it before? I think the front end may have been involved in an accident and repaired at some point, could it have had 182 cup arches put on or something (if they are wider?)? Confused.:S

Doesn't matter too much as I'll sort some hubcentric spacers out, but i'd like to know why this is? Cheers.....

lift number 1 @ btm
if the track is wrong, then just putting spacers on to fill the arches would be far from the right thing to do, you will need to check all the different points of geometry, ie the angle of the dampers from top mount to wishbone, camber and castor. just in case there has been some sort of bodge job done in the past.
but saying that, i hope it is all ok!!

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Had a quick glance at it in the car park yesterday , I thought it looked ok?

Yeah its growing on me a little, maybe I've exagerated and its just how these are. Still would like to put some spacers on though so that they fill the arches to the same degree as the rears.