ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nagging doubts on Renaultsport Clio 182?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks - first post!

I've just put a deposit down on this car but something's not quite right...

I can't see how it can be a 182 at that age - or is it perhaps an import? Registration date is 14/3/2002, and it comes up as a Renault Clio Sport.

I'm seeing it on Saturday, but just wanted to be prepared to check these things.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Dave

RB 182
also, no talk of the cambelt being changed. Check that is has, if not it needs doing! (it's not cheap to get it done correctly!)

Clio 197
why have you put a deposit on a car you havent seen - doesnt make sense, you normally give a desposit when viewed and want to complete the sale?

MkV Golf R32
Get your deposit back, buy membership and buy a clio off here. They have advertisied the car incorrectly so there will be no problem getting the deposit back if they try and kick up a fuss.

Thanks for the replies

I put a deposit down yesterday because I won't be able to view the car until the weekend. Also, they didn't have the car at the garage (it was at the salesman's house and he had the day off) so I think the paperwork wasn't all available.

The garage sounds decent, and the price includes new MOT, HPI clear check, valet and any faults put right.

It was only afterwards that I realised it was rather early to be an actual 182 model.

I'll report back once I've spoken to the garage.

One more question - if it is indeed a 172 model - is it basically the same car, or is it worth spending a bit more for the 182 model?

Cheers

Dave

Clio 197 RB
Go there and say that it's not a 182 like described. Get your deposit back. Then like what was said earlier, sign up on here and buy a car from the for sale section.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
* Get your deposit back ASAP *

10 Brownie points for the first person who can tell whats wrong with the car....

I will give a clue if noone gets it... ( other than belts)

S

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Cant see nothing either, cant see the stickers on the front bumper but might just be a bad pic.

Edit: Has it got 1 Grey headlight and one black or is that just the showroom lighting?

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I think it has looking at it closely...

media?id=1606164476.gif

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Did 172's have cup packs? Because this one hasnt got the splitter or spoiler.

No.

I have no idea whats wrong with it, i think steve is just winding us up lol

Last edited:
  172 with k-tec sound
private plate and probs the salesmans car. and the fact it such an early model, it wont have esp/traction controll, also cant see any buttons on the steering wheel for cruise control neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.