ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

n73

Astra coupe
hey, yeh i've got one, first thing you should do is update the firmware to v 0.36 loads better. the picture quality is tiptop....(picture posted is from mine just resized) also if you buy a mini sd card for it make sure you get anything other than san disk (if buying from ebay anyway) loads of counterfeit ones on there (i ended up getting one).

Great phone just a little slow on doing things though which sucks. I like it though

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 61
  Clio 172 Full Fat 02
I've got one and love it, don't know how to update the firmware(whatever that is!) but love the phone as it is, awesome camera great music player and great bluetooth, no worries!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
mint phone. i love it, and i dont find it slow at all. as above, update to the latest software which is currently v3.0638.0.0.1

iv put in a 2gb high speed card, run tomtom mobile 6, and still have space for over 2000 pics at highest quality.

the camera is very good also with the auto focus. but the best bit is the screen its huge, especially considering the phone isnt really that big! also the sound from the stereo speakers is great!

im well chuffed with it. I had a K800i before this, and it pissed all over it bar the flash!

Astra coupe
mint phone. i love it, and i dont find it slow at all. as above, update to the latest software which is currently v3.0638.0.0.1

iv put in a 2gb high speed card, run tomtom mobile 6, and still have space for over 2000 pics at highest quality.
yeh thats why i'm needing a new mini sd card. the 'sandisk' one i got off ebay was a fake. got tomtom 6 for it ready and waiting but can't put it on until i get a new card.

i'm used to the menu speed now, but coming from a samsung it seemed slow opening things.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
that might be it, iv always had nokias, and it seems quite quick, but compared to a samsung its probably on the slow side. it is a full symbian OS though i guess!

i would recommend a high speed card. i read tomtom can be slow, so i got a higher speed one just in case, and its spot on. it was from a company online called mobilememory

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
why can't i update my software, its saying i need 256mb ram min but i have so why ain't it working? And how do you clear the cache?

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1

the camera is very good also with the auto focus. but the best bit is the screen its huge, especially considering the phone isnt really that big! also the sound from the stereo speakers is great!

im well chuffed with it. I had a K800i before this, and it pissed all over it bar the flash!

Adam, i didn't think you could run tomtom on the n73 yet? If you an, any ideas where to get it for free? ;)

RenaultSport clio 172
Great phone, apart from the i spent 150 squids on a digital camera which is now rendered useless by the fact that the N73 has the same pixels.

How do you update the firm/soft/hard ware?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Has anyone upgraded to the Music Edition firmware yet and if so was it an easy process? I noticed that the link richy22 posted has details on how to do the upgrade.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i did mine on thursday night.

you need to change the product code on the phone, then update via the nokia software updater.

the ME adition has a better mp3 player, with visulizations like on the nokia adverts, album covers, better playlist, a search feature, and some new themes.

oh yeh also has better stereo sound quality with stereo widening, and loudness which are both quite good.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Cool I'll maybe give that a try :)

Installed TomTom6 today and all working well. Had to replace the postcode files though because it would only allow me to search for Dutch addresses using postcode :D Sorted now.

Orange have stopped serlling N series phones for the time being....too many faults and returns apparently

which is a arse as I now eligible for a free upgrade to one :( its the k800i or nothing at the moment , tempted to take the sony hmm.....

dk

911 GTS Cab
Orange have stopped serlling N series phones for the time being....too many faults and returns apparently

which is a arse as I now eligible for a free upgrade to one :( its the k800i or nothing at the moment , tempted to take the sony hmm.....
thats very annoying, they have done that before, i too wanted to get the n73 and am due for an upgrade next month so hopefully it will be sorted for then.

thats very annoying, they have done that before, i too wanted to get the n73 and am due for an upgrade next month so hopefully it will be sorted for then.

yeah mine is up for upgrade as of the 1st, pissed off tbh that said I wouldnt want a phone that, if what they say is true, randomly deletes contacts etc

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

they shoulldnt fiddle with the early firmwares and stick all the orange crap on them then.

N series problems are usually sorted within a few weeks of them being released with new firmwares, but you cant update orange branded ones till a new orange version of the firmware is releaed. which they dont do very often.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah the blame for that has to rest with Orange, I hate the customisations they always insist on having to firmware.

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
does anybody know how to check the upgrade state on your n73? i know its *#06# for imei so is it similar for upgrade status?

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
Cheers mate, just noticed its not got an option to turn the camera shutter noise off, i suppose there's gonna be some flaws! I'm on version v3.0638.0.0.30

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeh that is annoying. i did read it could be due to some countries having some kind of law that states you hjave to have a shutter sound on a camera. dunno how true that is!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Cheers mate, just noticed its not got an option to turn the camera shutter noise off, i suppose there's gonna be some flaws! I'm on version v3.0638.0.0.30

Apparently there is a product code you can use which does deactivate the shutter noise. Use 0539239 rather than 0539343 and update the phone again.

0539343: N73 Music Edition - Vanilla - EURO 1
0539239: N73 Music Edition - Vanilla - EURO 2 (Black)

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
Just tried it mate and still can't turn it off, that one has more languages tho which is good

edit- just found that setting 4 is quiet so nice one!!

Last edited:

they shoulldnt fiddle with the early firmwares and stick all the orange crap on them then.

N series problems are usually sorted within a few weeks of them being released with new firmwares, but you cant update orange branded ones till a new orange version of the firmware is releaed. which they dont do very often.

Yeah think I'm gonna ditch orange all together after this tbh

sure the package is good but i can get a n93 and a package from vodafone which is perfectly suitable for me so ill probably do that

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've noticed that TT6 runs on the N73 but the 3D view freezes whenever the voice prompts are played, has anyone else noticed this? The screen then jumps to catchup when the voice prompt ends. I didn't have this problem when using the 6630.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i read some people were complaining it was a bit slow.

iv not had a problem though. I did purchase a high speed mem card, i dunno if that makes a difference.

iv also got mr t voice for the directions!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think the high speed card may make a difference so I may upgrade to one. Which make do you use?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've ordered a Sandisk 2GB ULTRA II miniSD card so hopefully TT6 will run better with this.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
^^ what do you mean?

you need to change the product codes to update if its a branded phone like 2 or orange mate

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've installed the Music Edition firmware this morning and then changed the product number back to standard just in case I ever need to take it to a Nokia repair centre.

Polo + Micra
ooops think i've fucked an N73 i got off ebay today lol

anyone point me where i could get some help?