ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N64 Nintendo lovers

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I remember this really odd game. Played in 3rd person, you had some weird robot floating over your shoulder that could do things like unlock doors.

The bad guys were ants?!?

I loved it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The below is a bit of a blast from the past for me personally... (gaming geeks may be interested)

My first job in the games industry (day one) was to work on the 3D engine for a new version of Frogger for Konami (I was a developer at the then named Interactive Studios, which became Blitz Games and - sadly - went under a few months back). The lead platform was actually the N64 and versions were to follow on PS1, PC and Dreamcast. Sadly the N64 version never saw the light of day despite being fairly advanced. However, I did carry on working on the other versions (primarily PC) on the graphics side. The final game that actually came out (Frogger2: Swampy's revenge) was a lot different to some of the concepts we'd knocked up but ultimately our Publisher, Hasbro Interactive, didn't agree with our 'out there' level designs; which were quite impressive back in the day. As a result the game, whilst in 3D, was very 2D in how it played and felt. Shame.

I remember working on a few development carts and one of them sold on ebay for a fair amount of money not so long ago. It is also mentioned in the video below. I actually produced that development build on that cartridge along with the developer debug menus and various options. :eek: It was a very early build hence the animation system and camera systems were fully working at the time.

I have a lot of happy memories of the above and some of the other N64 games the studio worked on, too (which were sadly canned around the same time or shortly after).

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
And here's another that never sadly saw the light of day. Gutted :(

Can't believe it was canned so close to being finished!

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to dig out my N64 from my parents, along with Conkers Bad Fur Day game with box in pretty good condition. Having a look on eBay it seems to have a strong asking price. I forgot how funny the game actually is, i'm actually excited about getting it hooked up for another game. Been so long.

[video=youtube_share;0w5neFPat1w]http://youtu.be/0w5neFPat1w[/video]

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Rainbow roads is last track on mariokart

rainbow-road-o.gif

Clio 172 Cup
Wierdly enough I got my n64 out of storage for a blast for the first time in ten years. I must agree that time hasnt been good to Golden Eye. FIFA was a hell of a lot simpler back then!!!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I challenge anyone to unlock invincibility on Golden Eye, facility on 00agent difficulty iirc 2:05. Took me days to do when I was a yoof would be impossibru now.

ST1050, 320d
I don't what the grab and fling move was, but the falcon kick is like a really harsh two-footed tackle lol.

Goliath I
Loved Goldeneye, we used to play 4 player split screen on a 14inch TV! And one unlucky git had to use a steering wheel as the controller lol