ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N/S/F creaking noise when turning (video inside)

Clio 182
So I have a creaking/squeaking noise coming from the front passenger side of my car, it happens when turning whilst stationary or when pulling away.

I've been reading up on the washer fix for the top mount knocking and that it could possibly fix the creaking too but I'm not totally convinced so I wanted some more opinions on it, as it is rather loud and annoying!

http://youtu.be/heyg1rbDFW4

Thanks in advance guys

Megane dci 130
Iv had it a few times it only seems to happen when it's cold and it was the rack bushes. Get it on a ramp and take a look at the steering rack bushes whilst someone rocks the steering like you are in the video.

Clio 182
Iv had it a few times it only seems to happen when it's cold and it was the rack bushes. Get it on a ramp and take a look at the steering rack bushes whilst someone rocks the steering like you are in the video.

Hello mate, still not convinced, it sounds like its coming from the suspension strut, and is sometimes louder than that. I'll definitely check the steering rack bushes out though! Thanks for the input.

Clio 182
Front anti roll bar bushes outers

Hey mate, do you think lubing up the bush with wd-40 would temporarily stop the creaking so I could determine whether it was them? my plan is to squirt wd-40 on all rubber/moving parts around that area, but individually so hopefully I can determine where it's coming from.