ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N/S accident damage 182

Had a bump recently, N/S front, resulting in damage to steering. Replaced the wishbone, trackrod, rod end and refilled gear oil, not really want to go through insurance due to £600 excess. Took it to garage for alignment check, finding is that there is damage to subframe at wishbone area, so cannot do geometry check. Can the subframe be repaired or requirement for replacement.

Help appreciated.

RB 182
Exact same thing happened on my 1st 172, they crease where the arm bolts on. They can't be repaired, and the subframe on a 172/182 is different to that on a 1.2 for example, BUT only by one hole for the bottom gearbox mount

I just bought a 1.2 subframe and used a cone cutter to drill a hole for the mount, job done!

182 cup
new front subframe is about £250 from a dealer, if you look at the top of your suspension turrets under the bonnett are both the big rubber top mounts level?
do you have more or less camber on each front wheel? si

182 FF
just fitted a new subframe, bottom arm and steering rack to mine yesterday. A complete ball ache led on your back doing it but jub done:approve:

I'd just get a second hand subframe, try Stutt Autos's he trades on here and i got mine from him, wasn't very much either.

if you do it yourself borrow an extra pair of hands, its priceless!

Hi si13, checked the turrets, the o/s rubber, off level, angles down towards engine a lot, n/s slight angle towards engine. Camber on N/S wheel negative camber. O/S looks pretty much straight, hope this makes sense to you.

Thanks to Joe and Faxo, still looking for 2nd hand one, checking online today, got a bit more time.

new front subframe is about £250 from a dealer, if you look at the top of your suspension turrets under the bonnett are both the big rubber top mounts level?
do you have more or less camber on each front wheel? si

Hi si13, checked the turrets, the o/s rubber, off level, angles down towards engine a lot, n/s slight angle towards engine. Camber on N/S wheel negative camber. O/S looks pretty much straight, hope this makes sense to you.