ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My weekly cleaning method in pics.... Any suggestions for better products?

182 Cup & DCi 172
Decided to do a little writeup as a few people have asked how I clean my car so I did a little writeup today.

This is the car to start:

SAM_1642_zps9ec33f0f.jpg

SAM_1643_zps6d540a33.jpg

SAM_1644_zps2c8fb486.jpg

SAM_1645_zps0789bc13.jpg

SAM_1646_zpse358b663.jpg

SAM_1647_zpsb664e98b.jpg

SAM_1648_zps3ca40e73.jpg

SAM_1649_zpsea86cb1c.jpg

SAM_1651_zps5bce0656.jpg

SAM_1654_zps4523fbaa.jpg

SAM_1657_zps6d887523.jpg

SAM_1659_zps9c7601e6.jpg

First up pre wash snow-foam with Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snowfoam in my snow-foam gun:

SAM_1660_zps5bc41f7f.jpg

SAM_1664_zps7105e2f3.jpg

Nice foam action:

SAM_1668_zps776e20d8.jpg

SAM_1669_zpsf29d9174.jpg

Jetted off:

SAM_1670_zps592ecdde.jpg

SAM_1671_zps91d1ef1d.jpg

What remains after snowfoam:

SAM_1673_zpsc7e29b3f.jpg

SAM_1674_zpsd6d9ea08.jpg

SAM_1676_zps541c2855.jpg

SAM_1677_zps27655e3c.jpg

SAM_1678_zpsc934bec7.jpg

SAM_1682_zps318a8690.jpg

SAM_1685_zpsd8c95698.jpg

Now a handwash with a lambs wool wash mitt and Dodo Juice Wax Safe Wash:

SAM_1687_zps508f8800.jpg

SAM_1662_zpscb051acb.jpg

2 bucket method - can see all the removed dirt here:

SAM_1712_zps4dbad53d.jpg

Next up the wheels, Valet Pro Bilberry with soft bristle brush to agitate:

SAM_1661_zps39ea2f9a.jpg

SAM_1666_zpsdee8084d.jpg

SAM_1688_zps47e1df5b.jpg

Cleans and lifts the dirt lovely:

SAM_1690_zpsf6ee4541.jpg

SAM_1695_zpsf28610b7.jpg

SAM_1697_zpsceee0004.jpg

Car then jetted down and dried off with Poorboy's Waffle towel:

SAM_1701_zpse7d82904.jpg

Tyres dressed with Autoglym tyre shine:

SAM_1743_zps8cc2d4d8.jpg

SAM_1711_zps4457f543.jpg

Exhausts up next with trusty Autosol:

SAM_1742_zpse41931bf.jpg

SAM_1718_zps95dd6858.jpg

Door shuts cleaned:

SAM_1735_zps02a43eeb.jpg

SAM_1737_zps6ecc9046.jpg

SAM_1738_zps6a2f03c1.jpg

SAM_1740_zps3216dae2.jpg

And the finished results:

SAM_1719_zpsd26031b0.jpg

SAM_1720_zps6c88190e.jpg

SAM_1727_zps964a52e7.jpg

SAM_1729_zpsfcd420d3.jpg

SAM_1732_zps2071330f.jpg

SAM_1733_zpse43c69ac.jpg

Normally wash the car like this at least once a fortnight, once the winter is over will be getting a full machine polish and more wax applied.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really really like your car and I really like the way you look after it.

Spot on!

As long as it was properly sealed etc before winter I don't see a problem with that.

Maybe add a QD which will add a little shine and also a little protection. Something like Sonax BSD maybe.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Really like the car, love the wheels (are they the prima racing reps?)

steps look good for your maintenance wash, I'd look at changing the drying towel ASAP. Have a look at the below one for something I find much easier to use, safer as well (yes I have used several waffle weave towels)

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/i4d-uber-yellow-premium-drying-towels.html

Also I'd look at using kegs endurance for the wheels, lasts much longer than the AG one your currently using.

If your looking for a quick detailer there is none better (IMO) than Zaino Z6!

182 Cup & DCi 172
As long as it was properly sealed etc before winter I don't see a problem with that.

Maybe add a QD which will add a little shine and also a little protection. Something like Sonax BSD maybe.

Just ordered some of the Zaino Z-6 as suggested below

Really like the car, love the wheels (are they the prima racing reps?)

steps look good for your maintenance wash, I'd look at changing the drying towel ASAP. Have a look at the below one for something I find much easier to use, safer as well (yes I have used several waffle weave towels)

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/i4d-uber-yellow-premium-drying-towels.html

Also I'd look at using kegs endurance for the wheels, lasts much longer than the AG one your currently using.

If your looking for a quick detailer there is none better (IMO) than Zaino Z6!

Just ordered some Zaino Z6 - will look into the drying towels but really liked the waffle towel upto now.

Guess you mean Megs not Kegs ;)

I've had Zaino Z6 before it is a great QD but I'd pick Sonax BSD over it now for the added protection. It still gives a good finish aswell.

M2 Comp
Not normally a fan of Inferno but that looks brilliant mate. Good effort.

Z6 is a good buy too, you won't regret it.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Haha yes Rob I mean Meg's (dam ipad auto correct!)

In regards to QD and top up, there massively different products for different occasions, Z6 can be used after every wash without being overkill.

If I was going for something as a top up then it certainly wouldn't be Sonax BSD, I found application and general feel to be pants. I believe that if a wax or sealant needs a 'top up' then it needs stripping back and reapplying, If I don't have time for that then I'd use tough coat to tide me by as it's easy to apply like a QD but it feels nice to use unlike BSD.

I've just got some C2v3 to test instead of tough coat, yes I know there very different products but all of this Is my opinion.

182 Cup & DCi 172
That looks lovely mate.

Many thanks :)

I've had Zaino Z6 before it is a great QD but I'd pick Sonax BSD over it now for the added protection. It still gives a good finish aswell.

Ordered the Zaino Z6 to try - will see what I think and if I don't like it I will try the Sonax BSD

Not normally a fan of Inferno but that looks brilliant mate. Good effort.

Z6 is a good buy too, you won't regret it.

Cheers and look forward to trying it out

Haha yes Rob I mean Meg's (dam ipad auto correct!)

In regards to QD and top up, there massively different products for different occasions, Z6 can be used after every wash without being overkill.

If I was going for something as a top up then it certainly wouldn't be Sonax BSD, I found application and general feel to be pants. I believe that if a wax or sealant needs a 'top up' then it needs stripping back and reapplying, If I don't have time for that then I'd use tough coat to tide me by as it's easy to apply like a QD but it feels nice to use unlike BSD.

I've just got some C2v3 to test instead of tough coat, yes I know there very different products but all of this Is my opinion.

That's why I was asking about other products - cant wait to try the Z6 now. When I sealed the car before winter I gave it a coat of Dodo Juice Bananarmour and 2 coats of Poorboys Black Hole. Still beads lovely as well.

Look's nice, I'd recommend changing the waffle weave towel for an ultra plush microfiber or similar.
Could keep the waffle weave for the glass though.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Look's nice, I'd recommend changing the waffle weave towel for an ultra plush microfiber or similar.
Could keep the waffle weave for the glass though.

Going to change as been recommended by a few to go back to Microfibre drying towels

Looks bloody lovely!!

Real fan of inferno

Cheers!

Well I have ordered some more bits to go into the cleaning box:

- Valet Pro Citrus Bling quick detailer
- Valet Pro Citrus tar and glue remover
- Valet Pro Dragons Breath fallout remover
- Valet Pro foaming bottle and trigger
- Valet Pro spray bottle

Cant wait to get to try them next week.

P.S if anyone wants anything from Valet Pro then I use Adam Ellen on Facebook - cheaper than anywhere else and great delivery times.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamsDetailing

Rob

Looks lovely.

Who asked about your cleaning methods, if I may ask without my comment being removed?!

182 Cup & DCi 172
No idea who has deleted the comments - never asked anyone to :S

A few lads at work asked, one is a member on here - he has a blue RS200 Clio and he doesn't want to cover it in swirl marks so put this thread up so he can go through it and see my method. Also wanted to gauge peoples opinions on if I was missing anything out.

That looks great, and I'm not really a fan of Inferno.

I do my wheels with the same products as you, what's wrong with using Bilberry every time ? Mine's 1:3
I have that pink slop stuff to seal them, but it's a pain in the arse to use! so I rarely bother.

No idea who has deleted the comments - never asked anyone to :S

A few lads at work asked, one is a member on here - he has a blue RS200 Clio and he doesn't want to cover it in swirl marks so put this thread up so he can go through it and see my method. Also wanted to gauge peoples opinions on if I was missing anything out.

Yeah, you reacted as I expected first time around, Robbie - not sure why it was edited but hey ho!

As has been said, the only thing I'd advise is using some decent wheel sealant. You'll only then need to use warm soapy water to clean, rather than something more powerful like Bilberry (waste of product, basically).

Oh and some trim products on the rear wiper/other plastics would be the icing on a very clean looking cake!!

182 Cup & DCi 172
Yeah, you reacted as I expected first time around, Robbie - not sure why it was edited but hey ho!

As has been said, the only thing I'd advise is using some decent wheel sealant. You'll only then need to use warm soapy water to clean, rather than something more powerful like Bilberry (waste of product, basically).

Oh and some trim products on the rear wiper/other plastics would be the icing on a very clean looking cake!!

I will admit I forgot to buy some trim restorer :eek:

As for wheel sealant I normally use Rim Wax but found it can be a bit of a pain to buff to get a perfect finish. I have tried the spray on Autoglym wheel seal but didn't get on with this either.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Get some C4/C5 (Does it still exist as such JD ?)

That'll do your wheels (should get 2 sets out of it!) and your trims such as bumper insert/wiper :)

Good to go for a few years after that !

182 Cup & DCi 172
Get some C4/C5 (Does it still exist as such @JD ?)

That'll do your wheels (should get 2 sets out of it!) and your trims such as bumper insert/wiper :)

Good to go for a few years after that !

Holy hell just looked at the 50:50 shots of the C4 on detailing world - amazing stuff - surprised I haven't been recommended it before. Will be ordering some of that ASAP. Big thanks for that.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
C4 / C5 is great stuff, but if you do choose to use it it is very specific on prep otherwise it wont bond properly

FF Artic 182
Poor Boys wheel wax, cba to go and check its exact name but thats what ive used and its good stuff 2/3 thin layers inbetween doing the plastic trim and jobs a gooden.

also found tyre shine is a good trim cleaner, meguires in particular.

182 Cup & DCi 172
I wouldn't bother fella :rolleyes:

Really don't know what the issue is? I didn't realise it was of grave importance who asked so didn't answer. As for posts being edited/deleted - nothing to do with me.

C4 / C5 is great stuff, but if you do choose to use it it is very specific on prep otherwise it wont bond properly

Yeah - from what I have just been reading it requires the surrounding areas to be taped up then the area to be coated cleaned properly before coating. Results look well worth it though.

Honda & VW
Really don't know what the issue is? I didn't realise it was of grave importance who asked so didn't answer. As for posts being edited/deleted - nothing to do with me..

Wasn't getting at you buddy, granted I could/should have said more in my post but I simple posted what first sprang to mind. Clearly not a valid question in the eyes of the "empowered"

182 Cup & DCi 172
Wasn't getting at you buddy, granted I could/should have said more in my post but I simple posted what first sprang to mind. Clearly not a valid question in the eyes of the "empowered"

No bother - when I went to the thread this morning I did notice some replies had been edited deleted but didn't know why it had been done.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Like the cleaning, but you need centre caps (good luck) and some better tyres lol

Tyres? Have you ran these ones over winter - absolutely immense in snow, standing water, and slush. Run them between November and Feb/March depending on weather.

I have centre caps ;) Just prefer the look without them haha

SAM_9893_zpscc6a52c9.jpg

182 Cup & DCi 172
The centres are some Ebay jobbies with the backs sanded flat and then glued to the wheel - ran them for a month or so before taking them off.

The tyres are Vredestein Snowtrac 3's in 195/50/15. Used them last winter on my Ka I had for the daily and got to some places I wouldn't have without them haha:

SAM_6885.jpg
SAM_6900.jpg
SAM_6916.jpg

E36 328i
Do you wash every week without fail? It doesn't stop raining for long enough here - my car is minging!

Good to know the Snowtracs are good, I've just got some for my other set of wheels while I refurb the splits.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
One tip, I notice you washed the wheels after you washed the car. Me personally, feel free to disagree, I would always wash them first, stoped spraying wheel crud all over the fresh and clean boady work.

Apart from that, wheel sealant and a QD wipedown - Happy days.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Love this, looks like such a nice car.

Ive just bought a pair of Vredestein Quatrac 3's for my van. So far so good but im yet to try them in the snow.