ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my vtec mini build

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
It'll be an OBD0 era 150bhp lump. :)

Can the DTA deal with VTEC engagement etc?

With B16 on ITB's it's all in the map, I knew of one a few years back that went from 178bhp on standard inlet to about 150bhp on ITBs. lol.

e91 330d/type r mini
It'll be an OBD0 era 150bhp lump. :)

Can the DTA deal with VTEC engagement etc?

With B16 on ITB's it's all in the map, I knew of one a few years back that went from 178bhp on standard inlet to about 150bhp on ITBs. lol.
hopefully i should be ok as paul (rs tuning) is going to work his magic on it, if its crap i can stick normal inlet back on and stick a dirty turbo on it :)
im hopeing for 160-170 bhp which i should be more than enough in a 650kg mini
yeah ecu is fine with the vtec

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, this is my mini and the Clio wouldn't see which way it went:

23323_130426193652476_100000552871377_236732_2822971_n.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
had a nightmare of a day today, managed to crack the dash, scratch the cage and floor getting the cage in so tbh im pretty pi**ed off :(
a few pics of where i got to, had to walk away as i was getting stressed and would of thrown a tantrum at any time lol

12af5dde.jpg

94ad3051.jpg

d6a24e72.jpg

ae01a131.jpg

fca3742a.jpg

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
thats looks awesome mate, tell me more about it, spec etc

It's got a Swiftune 1380 A series, puts out around 140bhp at 8000+ revs. Use a Swiftune dog box, LSD and use Miglia racing slicks. Shell is an ex mini-crosser so seen better days but with carbon fibre front end and perspex windows she comes in at just under 600kg. Pretty quick and will run low 55's at Brands.

Started racing it a couple of years back, this year we'll be doing the CTCRC Classic Thunder series.

Yours looks very good, do you know the weight difference between the A-Series and Honda lump? I'm always curious how these engine conversions affect the weight distribution in the mini, the Z-cars conversion seems (to me at least) to take the cars biggest strength (neutral FWD handling) and chuck it out the window.

e91 330d/type r mini
It's got a Swiftune 1380 A series, puts out around 140bhp at 8000+ revs. Use a Swiftune dog box, LSD and use Miglia racing slicks. Shell is an ex mini-crosser so seen better days but with carbon fibre front end and perspex windows she comes in at just under 600kg. Pretty quick and will run low 55's at Brands.

Started racing it a couple of years back, this year we'll be doing the CTCRC Classic Thunder series.

Yours looks very good, do you know the weight difference between the A-Series and Honda lump? I'm always curious how these engine conversions affect the weight distribution in the mini, the Z-cars conversion seems (to me at least) to take the cars biggest strength (neutral FWD handling) and chuck it out the window.
sounds like a right piece of kit :)
i bet you have a right laugh racing that.
i think the vtec weighs in at around 30-40kg more than the a series and as for the handling all these vtec conversion are apparentely nowhere near as good as the origimal which is a shame, im yet to know as mine was in a bumped car before i started changing it over into my shell.
hopefully it wont be a let down as my clio hybrid and pahse 1 172 were bloody fantastic on track and i dont want to have spent all this time and money to have taken a step back, only time will tell eh :)

e91 330d/type r mini
did a little more today, got the seats mounted properly and the harnesses in.then put drivers and passenger foot rests in.
starting to look like a car inside now :)

4e56ac1d.jpg

79627550.jpg

16a8bfdc.jpg

7533a341.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
managed to motivate myself a bit and drop the engine back in and fit the single skin fiberglass bootlid. also got my new rear windows :)
bootlid locks are to be modified with smaller carbon plates when i get around to it
5907af98.jpg

2f8f3631.jpg

b84ab487.jpg

0e584b67.jpg

Milltek'd clio 182
im so jealous right now, always loved the minis, i hope it all plans out well for ya, apart from the roll cage scratching ya paint work, but hey it will look stunning when its done, an i bet it will be spine tingling when you floor it, nice :)

e91 330d/type r mini
im so jealous right now, always loved the minis, i hope it all plans out well for ya, apart from the roll cage scratching ya paint work, but hey it will look stunning when its done, an i bet it will be spine tingling when you floor it, nice :)
cheers mate, i hope it plans out right aswell :)
thankfully the scratches are hiden now so all good

e91 330d/type r mini
managed to get a few pics of what i have been up to on the mini lately, it doesnt look like much but its all the little fiddley jobs that seem to take forever,this week i have managed,
fit fuel pressure regulater,
connect the engine loom and connected to ecu,
final fit on the fuel tank and all the fuel lines onto throttle bodies,
fit alternator and belt,
clutch cable and mechanism,
accelerator cable,
by the end of the week i need to sort out inlet air temp sensor feed for the fuel pimp from ecu and then temp fit the radiator.
then hopefully i can get auto electrician in early next week to wire the alternater, starter and ignition for the ecu then fingers crossed i can have a go at firing her up.
wish me luck :)
7472cfda.jpg

8f4b17f8.jpg

ee3245ec.jpg

4a53992d.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
i also removed the tin can bar that goes across the dashboard and replaced it with some solid box section.
also received my carbon fibre bootlid today
48bffcb3.jpg

8b595426.jpg

e383a5f8.jpg

Expert HDI & R53
Epic! Brings back memories of my old minis..

I saw you the other day in the M3 giving it the beans down Wellington street, private plate iirc.

Daz

e91 330d/type r mini
yeah mine has a private plate but not for long as the m3 has a buyer :(
if i remember i was in a rush as i was late for picking the wife up from work lol
hope it sounded nice for you
what were you in?

Expert HDI & R53
I was in my daily 106 mate, you would not have seen me as I was parked down a side street.

It indeed sounded very nice  what's replacing the M3?

e91 330d/type r mini
I was in my daily 106 mate, you would not have seen me as I was parked down a side street.

It indeed sounded very nice  what's replacing the M3?
hopefully a bmw 335i sport but will have to double check on the pennies first as this mini has robbed all my money lol

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome mate, haven't checked this thread in a while!

Went past you in the M3 in Horsforth a week or so back, not sure if you saw me.

Once it's done you'll have to take me for a run in this, I've always wanted a mini.

e91 330d/type r mini
Looks awesome mate, haven't checked this thread in a while!

Went past you in the M3 in Horsforth a week or so back, not sure if you saw me.

Once it's done you'll have to take me for a run in this, I've always wanted a mini.
yeah i saw you mate just never wave at people in clios anymore as they might think whos the wierdo waving at me in the m3 lol.
im ore than happy to take you for a spin if and when shes finished :)

e91 330d/type r mini
finally got the mini running today today
icon_smile.gif

sounds bloody mental
cannot believe it started first go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjIP8g-bTIw
after a little tweaking idared to take it for arun round the yard with no brakes only the handbrake so couldnt open it up
enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKwqjQ6Rfjc
i think it runs well to say it has bigger injectors and bike carbs and the map is for a standard inlet, will need mappimg asap but cannot believe how well it runs

e91 330d/type r mini
done a few more bits, have got the full front end fitted which was a job in its self but got there in the end :)
77b7197e.jpg

7f06bf59.jpg

0ef52b5e.jpg

arces a seriously wide :) will be trimmed down to match the width of the rim :)
5fde0443.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Looking forward to seeing the finished thing mate!

e91 330d/type r mini
eventually got the hubs back and back together for the last time on the wheels i will be running :)
gave her another drive tody around the yard now i have brakesm shes definately a lively one
shes gonner be a wide one lol
a few pics of how she is at the moment
60c43471.jpg

448c1f10.jpg

404c8236.jpg

7ee7c495.jpg

9654d79d.jpg

9a65758d.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
a little update, started fitting the arches which is a right pain in the arse but think its kind of giving a rough idea of what it should look like, will be a white car with black roof and black arches
1b2e63d2.jpg

70625d8c.jpg

30eb45f6.jpg

2e78a0f4.jpg

4dc13ebf.jpg

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
this is beyond awesome! I would start a project like this tomorrow if only for the fact that I don't have any workshop space! :( How much has the project cost you so far if you don't mind me asking?

e91 330d/type r mini
yeah garage space is the key to any build like this, as for cost all i know is it is upwards of 7k so far but dont tell my wife ffs :)

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Being a classic mini owner myself i think its fair to say this is one of the best vtec builds out there atm imo.

e91 330d/type r mini
cheerss for the positive comments people it helps keep me motivated :)
got a little bit more done today grill and headlights are now in so can see what its going to look like less the cibie oscars i have to fit at the end
05f946e7.jpg

ac334b32.jpg

6506f311.jpg