ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My turn for knocking noise

RB 182
just got my car back from having a cam belt change and ive now noticed a quite loud tinny knocking noise when i go over bumps and when i brake hard, sounds like they've left a spanner under the bonnet or summit.

neone ne ideas? anythin to do with the cambelt change?

PH2 172
Wouldnt a clue the only noise i get sometimes from when i turn on hard lock is where the wheels hit something on the suspension strut which u can grind of but aint got a clue wat it cud be have u looked for spaneers etc

RB 182
cant really hear it when accelerate it sounds like a really tin'y sound like metal hittin, thought it was the ecu bangni about cus bracket broke but tied tht up and still making it,

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
try this

remove the engine cover.
undo the 4 bolts on the left hand mount
get a bar(big one)
jam it behind the back of the mount and rest it against the strut piller
****mind the AC pipes**** do not rest it against them
push the bar towars the rear of the car (moving the engine forward as far as it will possibly go)
nip all four bolts up nice and tight

RB 182
got it sorted, took it back the garage. they lifted it up when they had lifted he engine the cat had snaged on the heat sheild so just poked it with screwdriver and workin fine now