ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My ST venting/recirculating/dumping

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I don't get it, sounds weird/fake. Have you put a microphone in or near the airbox?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
That almost sounds unhealthy...

​my focus is literally silent, so unless the 1.6 is massively different I can't see why yours wouldn't be?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Microphone is next to the airbox inlet just behind the front lip of the bonnet.

The Mountune kit makes it much more noticeable apparently. Hopefully not too much though.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
What is the point of recording it from the engine bay? (Not that there is a point at all) sounds like a fake sound.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I don't get these vids either, that just sounds completely Ott / broken etc. you recorded the 200 in the engine bay before trying to make it sound like it had a massive filter.

Just do a normal vid of the car, it's a great car anyway, without trying too hard in vids

DB.

BMW 440i
Do a normal car vid, that's like listening to a dog bark by putting a microphone up its arse.

fez

Clio 182 cup
kept expecting to hear "LUKE"
honestly thought it was something being played throught the speakers in the car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My impreza sounded like that with the windows closed! Drove me mental 50% of the time but the other 50% I got a hardon.

RB Clio 182
Sounds like you have a cone filter fitted as you can hear the sucking and you can hear the recirc valve dumping more, definitely sounds like you have it recorded from under the bonnet too.

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
You get use to it after a while I got the ZS 2013 nice motor build quality is nice the turbo kicks in nice. Just alot of lag when changing gears to the lack of torque but if you shift perfect its awesome. Defiantly going to Part ex it in a year for the ST. My MPG

Suzuki Swift Sport
I dont get why people are complaining about the vid, its just to highlight the noise that the turbo makes, if it wasn't recorded by the airbox as Mark says, you wouldn't be able to hear it!

Looks an awesome car, hoping to get one of these eventually!