ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my silver clio 182

Goddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi, got this back in September after a year without a car. This is the first car I've had with any kind of performance and really enjoying it so far.

The car has had a couple of changes made by the previous owner including a carbon fibre front splitter, Speedline Turini alloys, and a scorpion exhaust.

I've not done anything major since getting it... Needed new rear bearings which I sorted and added a cliosport.net sticker. Will be having greenstuff pads and discs from ktr fitted next month in time for the MOT in march.

In terms of plans I have a long and expensive list of things I'd like to do, but unlucky they will all happen, if I'm honest I'd love to get a set of the recaro seats but not willing to pay the price atm. Will definitely be going on a track day next year though... I went to Britcar 24 and did a couple of parade laps around Silverstone which was really good fun and just want to go again now (I'll get a pic up from it soon). A trip to Nürburgring is also a possibility.

Anyway I'm sure you have all seen a silver Clio before but here's some pics from Xmas eve...

Photo 24-12-2011 14 36 12.jpgPhoto 24-12-2011 15 39 04.jpgPhoto 24-12-2011 15 39 25.jpgPhoto 24-12-2011 15 54 55.jpg

Cheers, Matt

Goddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So car got lowered today so thought I'd post a few new pics, its also had brembo high carbon discs and ferodo pads fitted since i last updated. Sailed through MOT with no advisories a couple of weeks ago, but I had a service around February time so no big surprise... (service included 4 new tyres, exhaust mounts, brake fluid, couple of bulb, oil change)

Whilst at the garage today I also got them to solder the passenger airbag connection as it was driving me nuts everytime I moved the seat.

Some pictures...

At silverstone before lowered.

clio_silverstone.jpg

Lowered...
IMAG0158-1.jpg

Tucked away
IMAG0160-1.jpg

Goddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
its on apex, so 60mm front and 40mm rear (i think)... the pic I posted makes the back look quite high compared to how it really is tbh.

Goddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So had a bit of a nightmare over winter with all the ice etc. I basically hit a curb at low speed, the wheel was completely side on and even though it was a very minor thing, it managed to do a bit of damage. I've had the ball joint and lower arm replaced as a direct result, but also it was identified something was up with the driveshaft so that was replaced as well and had new gearbox oil and oil change whilst it was at the garage.

The front right alloy is curbed to the metal about 1/3 of the way around the alloy so in the process of getting a spare set of alloys so I can get the current set powder coated... not sure whether to change alloy colour or keep anthracite...

The car has just ticked over 70k and is booked in at KTR in March for a service, belts have already been done so not so much of a financial disaster as it could have been! Decided as I'm driving down there might as well make the most of it so having the car remapped and a KTR panel filter fitted too.

Complete of bits are starting to show there age (lights, front grille and carbon splitter) so today I had a go at freshening up the lights / carbon splitter. I wasn't too keen on wet/drying the lights so had a go with sratch x and a plastic polish from maguires but it was pretty ineffective... unfortunately didn't have fine enough wet/dry paper, so will tackle that one again next week... pretty disappointed with the products from mag's tbh, especially for the price... maybe its my poor application not sure!

Carbon splitter went much better and looks almost brand new now after an hour or so of sanding, pictures before and after below...

2013-02-23 13.58.08.jpg2013-02-23 13.58.12.jpg2013-02-23 14.11.40.jpg2013-02-23 14.22.39.jpg2013-02-23 15.29.47.jpg2013-02-23 15.30.05.jpg2013-02-23 16.01.40.jpg2013-02-23 16.01.47.jpg

Goddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Re: my silver clio 182 - remapped

So went to ktec Monday for 72000 service and also to have a panel filter and remap. Few issues came up from the service so heading back shortly to have a bit more work done in the way of a new drive shaft, cat leak sorted and exhaust hangers fixed. Pretty pleased with the dyno, gains aren't huge but from what I understand being at 179 to start with isn't bad.
image.jpg

Last edited: