ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Seat Cupra or My Clio 172

Celica and Raptor.
Im in abit of a dilema,
Ive always wanted a Clio 172 and a Seat Cupra cars ive always liked.

So firstly i bought myself a Clio Phase1 172, Its got a Scorpian exhaust and pipercross induction kit which it came with.
Then i had the cambelt pulleys etc replaced for peace of mind then put some Team dymanics alloys on etc.

Then got bored as i do:rasp:.

And saw a Seat Ibiza Cupra which i liked and like i said always wanted one, So being me i bought it.

Its got Milltek cat back exhaust, Green induction kit, H&R shocks and springs, stage 1 remap, 15mm spacers, Forge DV, Boost gauge and oil pressure gauge, Forge TIP etc etc.

Now i have not drove the clio for a couple of months, but i got insured etc yesturday and its great fun again and i like it......:approve:. I also love the seat both completey different cars tho.

Now i know its a clio forum and everyones gonna vote the clio, but which one would you keep??:S

Cars.jpg

Sorry to go on and for the crappy picture, Please be honest?

Thanks Darren

Gal

A Clee O
I would only say the clio as the Seat is very refined. The Clio is a bit raw but then thats my personal choice.

Both nice cars though :)

Tav

Clio 197
A friend of mine had a Cupra that was fitted with the Cupra R wheels, brakes and had a 200bhp remap. I was insured on it as a named driver for the duration he owned it. In my opinion it was such a dull car to drive.

Power delivery is like a diesel with a big slug of low down torque and no high end sparkle; that's down in part to the remap being done by Revo but I can't see the 'small' K03 being able to deliver real high end power. He had numerous problems with the engine and from what I hear they are all very common issues...air meters/coil packs/various boot related valves.

The seats are too hard, offer little support and although better than the Clio they don't provide the best of driving positions. It's not a bad place to be but the plastics aren't of particularly great quality, miles better than the older Seats though.

It handled in the sense that it went round corners are a reasonable speed but it wasn't very refined or engaging. At the end of the day it's an old Polo/Golf platform so you can't expect much.

I'm not saying a ph1 172 is better, but I'm not a big fan of the Cupra.

15.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Only you can say fella! I doubt many, if any, have driven a Cupra with that spec.

53 Clio's & counting
iv driven a mapped one and its a nice lil car, but imo not as muchh fun as the clio

if your bored sell both and buy something faster bud :)

Titanium 182
Don't know how either drive but I prefer how the Clio looks. However the black seat looks nice above.

B

Bucko

I have to agree with the above comments, i'd sell both and get something else. You obviously get bored of cars quickly anyway so try something else

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
Had a remapped Cupra for about 3 yrs, it was a great car capable of good mpg etc.

I thought it handled quite well until I drove my 172.

Get it remapped, join my forum ;) and enjoy it - but I'd keep the 172 for when you want to remember how a car can handle.

Celica and Raptor.
Hi.
Thanks for all of the above comments, I will try and keep them all in mind!

Yes i do get bored Very quickly.

Does anyone have any cars in mind for me but must be about the same insurence group.

Thanks Again Darren

Vectra SRi
i had a 182 mate, got rid for a polo gti, its an 06 plate but its the same engine as the cupra. mines mapped to around the 200bhp mark and i love it! so much better than the clio and quicker! (which has been prooved on many occasions!) plus there is alot more potential to get big power!

the only criticism i have with it is it can be hard to put the power down from a stand still which does give the clio an edge (as i have found out on one occasion!:()! but on a rolling start, its great!

i cant really comment on the handling as the polo is obviously different to the cupra, but my 182 made me feel invinsible! the handling is just outstanding!! cant see the ph1 being much different?

182 cup
i had a cupra running 280bhp and it was a great car the clio is great in many other ways but for me would be the seat definately

Celica and Raptor.
Sell both and buy something else..... :)

In the back of my mind im thinking of this one!!

No im not really selling for money reasons, but im finding the Clio more expensive of full etc. Thats probley because im enjoying the VVTI engine after i havent drove it for a while.

Has anyone got any options on cars that could intrest me?

More on insurence but i have always wanted to try one, CTR................I know some people might say it isnt much different from what ive got but i wouldnt mind trying Jap.

Could anyone change my mind?

W/b Thanks Again Darren

Do you really need two cars? The costs of running the two would be a lot more than running a mint 182!

Celica and Raptor.
Do you really need two cars? The costs of running the two would be a lot more than running a mint 182!

Yeah you have a good point i dont need two cars, thats why i dont know what to do next!!
I dont think i want a 182 tbh, not much different from the 172.

Anyone suggestions?

Thanks Again Darren