ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Rolling Road Results

RS 182
Standard 182 just with the RSTuner remap.
rrresultsto0.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
thought id show you my results mate, i cant see how the traction control makes your torque rise and dip, mine being a ph1 doesnt have traction control and mine did the same, mine was also on a Dastek

mines standard apart from a cat back exhaust

141.6 @ the wheels
173.3 @ the fly

though the following run went up to 143 @ the wheels on the next run(box oil hotter lol)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=377413&page=4

RS 182
They had turned the traction control off for all runs.
I was very impressed with the facility. Full of race tuned TVR's!
They did 3 runs:
Corrected power = 189.5 / 141.3 kw
Engine power = 187.8 BHP / 140.0 kw
Wheel power = 140.6 BHP / 104.9 kw
Max power at = 6510 rpm / 110.4 mph
Torque = 163.3 lb.ft

Torque seems quite a good result. How does it compare to the standard 182's?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Bit high! Imo...you'll run mid 180's at star. My old one was just over 190's brake but had internals, Further breathin mods...(Dastek too)

378bhp Leon Cupra R
thought id show you my results mate, i cant see how the traction control makes your torque rise and dip, mine being a ph1 doesnt have traction control and mine did the same, mine was also on a Dastek

mines standard apart from a cat back exhaust

141.6 @ the wheels
173.3 @ the fly

though the following run went up to 143 @ the wheels on the next run(box oil hotter lol)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=377413&page=4

But look where my torque crosses with the power on my graph it should cross at around 5K not at 6.25K

TVR Cerbera
only if both torque and bhp use the same scale as bhp is a calculation of torque and rpm

Only going on what i've been told by various tuners. looking at that graph you could be right as the scales are different, however with the torque all over the place poss due to traction control, why is the power line smooth if it's calculated from torque and rpm?

53 Clio's & counting
Sorry, but that power graph is false.

The torque and hp curve HAVE to cross at 5252 rpm. FACT.

if you have a look mate my bhp and torque do meet at 5252rpm, the reason why the graph shows they dont is the bhp reading on the left goes up to 170 bhp, and the torque readings onthe right only goes up to 150 lbts ft, making the graph look out of place, if you look at the indevidual graphs below you will see the bhp and torque do infact cross at 5252 rpm

53 Clio's & counting
But look where my torque crosses with the power on my graph it should cross at around 5K not at 6.25K

see my above post, yours is the same, your bhp and torque do cross at the right time, its just the left side reads up to 190 bhp where as the oposite side reads to 155 lbs ft

53 Clio's & counting
also the reason why the graphs always look out is think of it as two seperate graphs on one piece of paper

TVR Cerbera
if you have a look mate my bhp and torque do meet at 5252rpm, the reason why the graph shows they dont is the bhp reading on the left goes up to 170 bhp, and the torque readings onthe right only goes up to 150 lbts ft, making the graph look out of place, if you look at the indevidual graphs below you will see the bhp and torque do infact cross at 5252 rpm

So your point is? the graph shown is false. If you have a power graph showing hp and torque, it will look odd if the scales aren't the same. And by the way i wasn't actually talking about your graph as you hijacked the thread, i was trying to help out the originator of the thread

53 Clio's & counting
So your point is? the graph shown is false. If you have a power graph showing hp and torque, it will look odd if the scales aren't the same. And by the way i wasn't actually talking about your graph as you hijacked the thread, i was trying to help out the originator of the thread

sorry chap i think we are both getting the wrong end of the stick, are you saying mine or his graph is false? false as in made up?

most graphs are shown like this btw, with different scales

also you say if the scales are not the same it will look odd, this is why in my above post i said do not look at it as 1 graph, look at it as two seperate graphs on one page, that is why also i provided in my thread the bhp and torque graphs on seperate paper, so you can see them seperatly

nothing meant nasty chap, dont think im meaning anything personally, because you seem to be taking it to heart :)

53 Clio's & counting
I'd heard a 10 BHP gain was quite usual with RSTuner remap.
If my car was running at high 170's before it, could be the RR results are accurate.

as above matey flywheel power is always a guestimate, always go with wheel hp, for example as a rule of thumb fwd usually loose around 18% power through the drivetrain, if yours had that bhp and 140 at the wheels, thats alot more transmission loss than 18%,best thing is take it with a pinch of salt, the wheel bhp is not bad :)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I'd heard a 10 BHP gain was quite usual with RSTuner remap.
If my car was running at high 170's before it, could be the RR results are accurate.

10BHP at the pub maybe. Recon you would be lucky to see 5BHP increase with a RStuner kit (i have one so yeh)

Ph1
Right after all the response i contacted the guy that remapped my car and explained the response i got....so he phone his programmer whom is involved in the clio cup racers and the guy told me to call him....which i done and the guy was great what a anorack.....emailed him the graph and he phoned me back to say the reason my ATW power is down is because the IDIOTS at the rolling road forgot to turn the traction control off thats why the torque on the graph is up and down. and by doing it the traction eventually fails...then i thought to my self the lights on the dash where on when i left the RR and would switch on again until i drove for a few mins.
gonna phone the rolling road idiots tomorrow.
:evil:

BHP and torque figures are measured at peak ie the highest point before they tail off.

How can traction control have any effect at the top end of the rev range especially when they run the car in 4th :S ??

RS 182
BHP and torque figures are measured at peak ie the highest point before they tail off.

How can traction control have any effect at the top end of the rev range especially when they run the car in 4th :S ??
The guys at austec said the TC had to be off & I noticed they had turned it off before beginning the dyno runs.

Ph1
I thought traction control kicked in at a certain amount of rpm only?

Never knew it effected top end performance too

TVR Cerbera
sorry chap i think we are both getting the wrong end of the stick, are you saying mine or his graph is false? false as in made up?

most graphs are shown like this btw, with different scales

also you say if the scales are not the same it will look odd, this is why in my above post i said do not look at it as 1 graph, look at it as two seperate graphs on one page, that is why also i provided in my thread the bhp and torque graphs on seperate paper, so you can see them seperatly

nothing meant nasty chap, dont think im meaning anything personally, because you seem to be taking it to heart :)

I was saying his graph was false, cos i didn't look at yours. Not false as in made up, just enhananced ;) a little.
I didn't look at your separate thread so wasn't passing comment on it.
I agree that different scales are used but should be kept to different graphs like you said to avoid confusion. if the graph shows hp and torque then i believe the same scale should be used

53 Clio's & counting
I was saying his graph was false, cos i didn't look at yours. Not false as in made up, just enhananced ;) a little.
I didn't look at your separate thread so wasn't passing comment on it.
I agree that different scales are used but should be kept to different graphs like you said to avoid confusion. if the graph shows hp and torque then i believe the same scale should be used

ah lol ok chap i understand what you mean, i do agree i wish they would be on seperate graphs, to be honest it confused the hell outta me the first time i studied my graphs until i saw the different scales on either side lol

378bhp Leon Cupra R

Well i emailed the graph to a guy i know thats involved with the tuning of the Clio cup racers and told him of the lights on my dash when i left.... and it was him that said the cross between the torque and power cross to late on the rev range and he said that the traction control had not been turned off which cause my loss in power at the wheels( eg much more than 18% lossed )

53 Clio's & counting
But if you look at your graph mate they dont cross at different points, they do on the graph because the bhp on the left measured higher than the torque on the right,i keep sayin it, imagine the graph as two different graphs on one piece of paper, it doesnt matter that they cross at higher revs because the scales they are measued on are different , bhp up to 190 odd, torque up to 170 odd

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
148 @ the wheels
191 @ the fly.... that cant be right

I made 184bhp at the fly & that was some thing like 151bhp @ the wheels

Agreed.

Mine made 149.4 ATW = 180.0 ATF. This was at RS Tuning. Pauls rollers are spot on, there isn't many others that are.

RS 182
So if the RR shows 140 bhp atw (and from what people say that seems about right) then you can say 20% max loss atf which means a true engine bhp of 175.
26% transmission loss to generate the 189 bhp atf on a car that's been well looked after & has very low miles seems rather far fetched to me!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Cant be bothered to read all of the guff in here, but id say the tranny loss is way to high on the OPs graph. ATW figure is the only one that should take any interest in, Flywheels figures are only useful down the pub imho :)

Cant be bothered to read all of the guff in here, but id say the tranny loss is way to high on the OPs graph. ATW figure is the only one that should take any interest in, Flywheels figures are only useful down the pub imho :)

so is your figure quoted in your profile at the wheels or the fly then ;) :rasp:

couldnt agree more AT THE WHEELS ONLY PLEASE

TVR Cerbera
:DHere's my Dyno printout, atw, at Santa Pod last year. Was tuned at 233bhp at the fly so this looks quite acurate.....

RollingRoadsantapod.gif