ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My retro rally car :) (Ford Content)

audi a6 3.0tdi
A quick video of the raspy bugger

[youtube]YHw8fLio0vI[/youtube]

I've been on here 4 years and still don't know how to emmbed the video :eek: if someone would be kind enough to do it for me i appreciate it

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mustang, S13, AX GT
Sounds good, after my 1.3 cvh I'd never touch one again. underpowered crap :( The RS Turbo engine would be awesome!

Suzuki Ignis
Mint.
I was lookin to get one of these for a while, theres a decent lookin standard one in Darwen that I pass everyday, teasing me.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Cheers for that Kneel :) I've still not sure whats done to the engine or if its even the 1.3 as i can't find the engine code

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome! My mate has a mk2 with a 2.0 zetec, underpowered engine but it flies!

Nice buy.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've not driven it yet so i've no idea how slow it is, I can't imagine it being quick but it'll be fun

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
a pinto is too long tall and heavy, but do make good power if built right, the zetec se is a great engine, but under powered and unless you transplant a later box with it, doesnt mate to the normal fiesta bc gearbox, 1.6 cvh is a nice torquey motor, for 5 minutes then its knackered.

Usual route is rebuild the xflow, keep it as intended, or stick a 2 litre zetec e in it, as very simple to do and 160bhp with a pair of carbs on it, easily enough in a mk1/2 fiesta.

This is my ex gf's fiesta

2004_0101Image0003.jpg

2004_0101Image0004.jpg

2004_0101Image0005.jpg

2004_0101Image0007.jpg

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
oh and easy way to tell if its a 1.3 or not, is look above the water pump, the head will be right above it if its a 1.3, but there will be an inch of block between the pump and the head if its a 1.6 ;)

audi a6 3.0tdi
oh and easy way to tell if its a 1.3 or not, is look above the water pump, the head will be right above it if its a 1.3, but there will be an inch of block between the pump and the head if its a 1.6 ;)

Superstar i'll have a look at that and see which it is

audi a6 3.0tdi
I put the seat in but as the old seat was base mounted and this one is side mounted it is far too high up and my head is basically touching the roll cage. Rexy has said he will cut out the seat mounts and reweld them about 3-4 inches lower.

29419_393010604874_783599874_3878976_6222965_n.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture it was on my phone. I think i should start a proper progress thread for this.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
a pinto is too long tall and heavy, but do make good power if built right, the zetec se is a great engine, but under powered and unless you transplant a later box with it, doesnt mate to the normal fiesta bc gearbox, 1.6 cvh is a nice torquey motor, for 5 minutes then its knackered.

Usual route is rebuild the xflow, keep it as intended, or stick a 2 litre zetec e in it, as very simple to do and 160bhp with a pair of carbs on it, easily enough in a mk1/2 fiesta.

This is my ex gf's fiesta

2004_0101Image0003.jpg

2004_0101Image0004.jpg

2004_0101Image0005.jpg

2004_0101Image0007.jpg
Give me her number becuase that my friend is taste!

Semi, nursing, one, I, am.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Did someone just say Pinto and good power in the same sentence?

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
A pinto can make good power, but at the end of the day its only an 8v lump of pig iron, compared to modern engines its rubbish, but a proper 200bhp 2 litre bellows and sounds lovely in a way 16v's cant.

E36 M3. 182
Last I checked, you'll struggle to fit a pinto into a stock fiesta floorpan............... Engine wise, for me, it'd be a big capacity crossflow with all the bells and whistles (v.expensive though), or a zetec conversion(better vfm, pick whichever engine suits you're budget).

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
exactly what i said...,ive just bought a brand new black top zetec for £650, pair of carbs or throttle bodies (depending on budget) and you have an easy 175bhp, would go very nicely in a little fezz

JDM Dc2
exactly what i said...,ive just bought a brand new black top zetec for £650, pair of carbs or throttle bodies (depending on budget) and you have an easy 175bhp, would go very nicely in a little fezz

struggle to get 170+ on standrad cams imo.. ive never seen one above 155 on standard internals :S

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
struggle to get 170+ on standrad cams imo.. ive never seen one above 155 on standard internals :S

1.8 silver tops usualy make around the 155 mark, a 2 litre black top with a good long primary exhaust manifold will make 170, the main problem being the standard cams are pathetic, the heads flow enough for over 200, and the bottom ends are safe to 8k, get some nice lumpy sticks in there and your laughing.

Not trying to say the zetec is the best engine out there, cus it isnt, but bhp per pound and ease of fitment makes it the obvious choice if moving away from the xflow.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Well it passed its Mot first time with no advisaries. it looks like a patwork quilt underneath but its all been undersealed and everything is solid. I drove it for the first time today and i have to say it is fun but slow lol

I'm not going france now naith i dropped a bollock and booked the week from 12th of july :( epic fail on my part.

audi a6 3.0tdi
it does seem slow but i'm used to 2.0's now plus i couldn't really drive it properly as i was on borrowed trade plates. I'll give it a proper drive on saturday i'm just gutted i'll not have my proper seat in :(

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've just ordered a set of 50mm lowering springs and started to spray the wheels black as they look a bit of a mess at the minute. I've been driving it this weekend and other than a few small niggles it runs well. I think the plan soon is to get a 2.0l zetec fitted to it as although it is fun 60bhp just does not cut it.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
A guy I know did a RWD conversion on one of these, Ive seen the video's of it back in the day, it had a 2.0 in it aswell

audi a6 3.0tdi
I painted the wheels black as the red was peeling off and looked a mess, i think it suits it quite well

28800_432820587463_549787463_6030838_6675491_n.jpg

28800_432822967463_549787463_6030859_1577209_n.jpg

I'm loving the attention it gets, people keep coming up to me and talking about it lol