ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Rb 182 mod thread

Clio 182 & Supra
i thought id post up some pics of my 182. it already had some stuff done to it and iv since then been very busy bee (seeing as iv only had it 3 weeks).

previous owner had the wheels done, yazzo stainless exhaust system, KnN filter, lowered, guessing pop and bang retune (as it pops and bangs well), along with a few other mods like change bulbs and interior lights.

since owning it iv added aero wipers, carbon engine cover, forge inlet hose, new sound system including headrest screens for the kids and a Boss stealth boot install, 182 mats, and a couple other little bits.

on order and hopefully fitted by mod nats are the forge coolent hoses, baileys header tank, sheet of carbon for custom battery cover and some reflective heat shield.

other mods in the near future include carbon details on exterior, matching roof box, carbon wraped filter box, half and half seats and doorcards, brake upgrade, scangauge and a few other bits and pieces.

2012-05-23094440.jpg

2012-05-23094458.jpg

2012-05-23094508.jpg

2012-05-23094520.jpg

2012-05-23094559.jpg

2012-05-23094629.jpg

I was going to buy it till I did a "previous thread" search...

It was never registered as it didnt go though insurance apparently, might be worth getting the allignment all checked out?

Didn't mean to rain on your parade mate :)

I was going to buy it till I did a "previous thread" search...

It was never registered as it didnt go though insurance apparently, might be worth getting the allignment all checked out?

Didn't mean to rain on your parade mate :)

Can you find the thread, had a look and couldnt find anything

Clio 182 & Supra
just had a look. if it didnt go through insurance it would appear on hpi anyway. not reaply fussed as it drives fine. just more annpyed about previous owner not being honest especially if there a member on here

Thats it mate, the car is probably fine.

I'd have though selling it through PH's and CS you would atleast mention it, as it will ALWAYS come back at you at some point....

Good luck with the car mate (get the wheels done a better colour ;) )

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
No fuel rail guard? Not a great lover of the standard wheels in white :( just my personal preference though.

Rb is the best 182 colour and your plans sound good :)

500 Twinair
He could of been honest, especially as he's on here. Selling that at a price as well, considering its been pranged...

Clio 182 & Supra
i dont see a point in the fuel rail gaurd thats why i removed it. frankly anything that can get through a radiator, air con rad, fan and grill deserves to hit. the fuel rail.
as for the mats it came in the set off of ebay. i like the wheels. all personal taeste, wouldnt expect everyone to like them.
and as for where i found it i got it from gumtree.
i am a lil annoyed about the whole "prang" thing. iv had a number of cars in the past from japan which is a nightmare to get a service history for so ill learn to live with it.

500 Twinair
As long as it drives well, and you're happy with it, that's the main thing, also you have one of the most desirable colours for a cliosport...

Clio 182 & Supra
i rather like the wheels. as previosly said its personal teaste at end of the day.
that kibd of makes sence now with the fuel rail gaurd. ill bung it back on once painted.

Clio 182 & Supra
well iv been a bit busy with other projects such as my supra and bandit but so havnt had a chance until now to upload pics of the bay.
sice the last update i have changed all the coolant hoses to blue forge, removed aircon (plays up my breathing), painted engine black and made a custom battery carbon battery cover. all thats left to do in the engine bay now is fit the strut brace once its painted and get the airbox hydro dipped in carbon. need a spare air box top section for that though.
5ec0123d-1b8c-3fcc.jpg

Clio 182 & Supra
so another job done yesterday (day off work so had time to play). painted and fitted the front brace. didnt realise it was going to be such a b**ch to do!
2012-06-25153923.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice car, your doing a good job of it mate. Where is the battery cover from?

It doesnt sound like it was too badly damaged, however, i think its apauling the owner didnt tell you. Its simply unfair on you.

Clio 182 & Supra
you win some you lose some.
i made the battery cover myself. cost about £40 including the edging which i had left over from a previous project