ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Racing Blue Clio 182 Turbo

Golf Gti edition 30
Andys driving it up to me tomorrow morning :)

Really kind offer from him to put it through its mot for free and deliver it back.

Will be an early start for him as im just over 4 hours away in north east scotland and hes arriving mid morning.

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia VRS
f**king hell even I'm eager to see some pictures of it back in your hands. Then some videos, if you don't produce videos I feel we're all going to be very sad, don't do that to us OP.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
f**king hell even I'm eager to see some pictures of it back in your hands. Then some videos, if you don't produce videos I feel we're all going to be very sad, don't do that to us OP.

Videos of what tho lol

Tbf the power is from 50 on so unless he knows a very long road you wont see much

Golf Gti edition 30
Well ive had the car back and been out driving it and its running great.Its a flying machine in high and low boost.Not had a chance to get pics of the car yet as the weathers been terrible.

Looking forward to good weather to getting out for better drives in it now and hopefully enjoy it as the way im feeling ive fallen out of love with the car and if someone offered me the right cash for it id prob take it.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Is it all sorted now mate,the 1/4 of a tank issue etc.Don't sell it must have cost a fortune.

Golf Gti edition 30
Most of the time the car was away i realised id kinda jumped the gun and had the blinkers on wanting to pile money into the car when i should have had my sensible head on and sell the car the way it was as it hardly gets used and with my upcoming wedding,wanting to start a family and a bigger house move i feel a bit stupid now.Will get it out at the weekends and use it but the way im feeling i couldnt care if it stayed or went and am willing to take the hit if the right money was there and just be done with clios.

RB Clio 182
Most of the time the car was away i realised id kinda jumped the gun and had the blinkers on wanting to pile money into the car when i should have had my sensible head on and sell the car the way it was as it hardly gets used and with my upcoming wedding,wanting to start a family and a bigger house move i feel a bit stupid now.Will get it out at the weekends and use it but the way im feeling i couldnt care if it stayed or went and am willing to take the hit if the right money was there and just be done with clios.

I feel stupid too, I could have bought something pretty good for the money I have spent, atm I havnt even got a car.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Its a shame you guys feel like that. I guess im glad i bought mine all done and i knew the prev owner so any issues i heard about

Golf Gti edition 30
Is it smooth running now mate?

I feel the same as you, its like buying a posh house but you're not allowed in it.

Yeah its running great.its got plenty of power ! Prob too much lol.It has to be in low boost most of the time and can only really floor it in 3rd gear upwards and in high boost can only really floor it above 60mph otherwise it just wants to wheelspin.When it grips though its away.Total licence loser of a car if your not sensible.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
What would be a se sensible price for the car in its current state? You'd maybe get 6/7k?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
As much as I'm sure it's nice I think you'd struggle to get £7k or am I totally out on pricing?

Keep it if you don't need to sell it. It's an awesome weekend motor.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im glad you got it back after all the on going issues and hassle.

I understand that it will be amazing to drive in the dry and be a good "Hoot" but i would not wanting the costs of fixing it when it goes wrong again.
The issues you & @opitcal have had is enough to well and truly stop me from doing any engine work.

I can't believe your thinking of selling. The money that went into it is eye watering!

You stand to make a massive loss, enjoy it for a while.

RB 182 FF
I agree only sell it if you have to...! If you did because of how you feel now you'd one day regret it I'd say..! However needing the money is another story, I hope you find love for it!:up:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Real shame it's turned out with you feeling like this mate, with all the time and money that's gone into this you should feel like its all been worth it !

RB Clio 182
What's the latest with yours mate ?

Should have it back soon mate, Andy said all parts had arrived and the block was sent off for rehoning last week and I should have it back week commencing the 15th.

I cant wait tbh, I love the car to bits, its such great fun, hopefully when I get it back its more reliable, thats the only downside for me as its my daily.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yeah its running great.its got plenty of power ! Prob too much lol.It has to be in low boost most of the time and can only really floor it in 3rd gear upwards and in high boost can only really floor it above 60mph otherwise it just wants to wheelspin.When it grips though its away.Total licence loser of a car if your not sensible.

Any engine bay pics Steve ?