ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My R56

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
5965029755_893b4e8a78_b.jpg

This is a lads over on the Mini forum. Looks sweet IMO!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Is this the 1 owned by a mini forum member named Darlo (Kev in real life?)

I enquired about his a few weeks ago but decided it was overpriced (he wanted 11k for it at the time), found one with the same spec minus the kit for £9000 which I was happy with and hoping to get the kit fitted soon.

Mine is lightning blue not black.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Hi mate, yeah it was on for 11... I didn't pay that for it though!

I had seen a few more, and had a deal agreed on one in Gloucestershire but after a 2hour drive it was not as advertised. Was a similar spec to this but had clear signs of accident damage, the front end had been shunted and there were dents all over it. They were going to accept 9, but I stretched a few 100 more with the piece of mind that I was buying from an enthusiast and got this one instead! Kev was a good guy too.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Hi mate, yeah it was on for 11... I didn't pay that for it though!

I had seen a few more, and had a deal agreed on one in Gloucestershire but after a 2hour drive it was not as advertised. Was a similar spec to this but had clear signs of accident damage, the front end had been shunted and there were dents all over it. They were going to accept 9, but I stretched a few 100 more with the piece of mind that I was buying from an enthusiast and got this one instead! Kev was a good guy too.

yeh he seemed like a good guy when I spoke to him. Looks sweet. Don't resist the urge to remap etc, I don't intend to resist for long! Want the kit on it first then i'm going for it lol.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
LOL, the aero kit makes them stand out definatley.

Its a great engine even as standard, nice progressive power, lovely note from the standard exhaust too... can't wait to get more out of it though!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Yeh, i've already been enquiring about the kit and the spotlamps (think they suit the kit well!) and been speaking to p-torque about a map/decat which should see 230bhp.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
How much is the aero kit on its own? I'd imagine about 1k ish with everything?

260% JCW
Is this the 1 owned by a mini forum member named Darlo (Kev in real life?)

I enquired about his a few weeks ago but decided it was overpriced (he wanted 11k for it at the time), found one with the same spec minus the kit for £9000 which I was happy with and hoping to get the kit fitted soon.

Mine is lightning blue not black.

£11k for Darlos mini was to much, so you got one for £9k to only then buy the JCW aero kit for £1200 (not inc fiting) that was on the original £11k Mini.....

260% JCW
LOL, the aero kit makes them stand out definatley.

Its a great engine even as standard, nice progressive power, lovely note from the standard exhaust too... can't wait to get more out of it though!

You need 250hp in your life, it turns the Mini into an animal.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
£11k for Darlos mini was to much, so you got one for £9k to only then buy the JCW aero kit for £1200 (not inc fiting) that was on the original £11k Mini.....

Yes, but I got one that is a year newer and 15k less miles for that money.

Chrislloyd@blackpool is the guy who does it for that price. It depends on which kit you want though as there are 2 JCW kits, the earlier one up to I think its 2010 and then a new 1, the new 1 is like 1200.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Mine keeps jumping in to limp mode since the JCW exhaust was taken off it, think its something to do with the oxygen sensor getting confused. Its going in to Mini tomorrow to be looked at, luckily it came with an extended warranty and TLC servicing pack....! Phew!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Kev you got remapped at p-torque didn't you? any problems?

I had my ibiza remapped there and no problems but have read a few threads about people with misfire issues from the p-torque map. Does it spin up easily with that kind of power now or is it still not bad?

Its interesting so many people are suddenly buying cooper S's on here, I think they are a good alternative to the clio.

260% JCW
Mine keeps jumping in to limp mode since the JCW exhaust was taken off it, think its something to do with the oxygen sensor getting confused. Its going in to Mini tomorrow to be looked at, luckily it came with an extended warranty and TLC servicing pack....! Phew!

The FJCW exhaust won't effect the lambda sensor mate. How do you mean limp mode?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks rather cool I must say. I really need a long test drive in a GP, that quick blast I had in one wasn't nearly enough!

260% JCW
Kev you got remapped at p-torque didn't you? any problems?

I had my ibiza remapped there and no problems but have read a few threads about people with misfire issues from the p-torque map. Does it spin up easily with that kind of power now or is it still not bad?

Its interesting so many people are suddenly buying cooper S's on here, I think they are a good alternative to the clio.

We've had ours for two years or so now, great car IMO.

I spent ages looking into the remap though, and it did seem that a couple of people did have problems. But then most people didn't have any problems so I guess it just depends. We had a slight miss fire/hesitation under load before the re-map, which I put down to worn (f**ked TBH) spark plugs. I fitted some JCW Iridium plugs and it solved the problem.

Since the re-map the Emmissions light has come on, but that's because of the de-cat. Apart from that nothing, Touch wood lol.

As for traction i've had no problems either, you've got to try i.e dump the clutch to light up the tyres. Normal driving no loss of traction apart from when its wet but then with 250hp through the front wheels its what you'd expect. Maybe having good tyres is the key here.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Love it.

Really getting into mini's now, picked up one for my cousin last night for her first car and i loved it.

Been having a cheeky look at JCW's and GP's today but anything decent is still quite pricey.

260% JCW
Love it.

Really getting into mini's now, picked up one for my cousin last night for her first car and i loved it.

Been having a cheeky look at JCW's and GP's today but anything decent is still quite pricey.

They seem to hold there money really well, we could sell the Mini for close to what we paid for it. Crazy......

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
We've had ours for two years or so now, great car IMO.

I spent ages looking into the remap though, and it did seem that a couple of people did have problems. But then most people didn't have any problems so I guess it just depends. We had a slight miss fire/hesitation under load before the re-map, which I put down to worn (f**ked TBH) spark plugs. I fitted some JCW Iridium plugs and it solved the problem.

Since the re-map the Emmissions light has come on, but that's because of the de-cat. Apart from that nothing, Touch wood lol.

As for traction i've had no problems either, you've got to try i.e dump the clutch to light up the tyres. Normal driving no loss of traction apart from when its wet but then with 250hp through the front wheels its what you'd expect. Maybe having good tyres is the key here.

Have you got a Piper decat or a milltek sports cat? Don't really want any lights on on my dash!

I told Will I wanted around 230bhp and asked what would be required and he suggested his p-torque map and a milltek sports cat fitted for £895.00 or the piper decat, I can't be arsed with the hassle of swapping pipes for the MOT etc though so going for the sports cat as long as it doesn't make lights come on!

He also suggested a Forge Carbon Fibre Intake System for £180 but tbh im not sure why i'd want that?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
The FJCW exhaust won't effect the lambda sensor mate. How do you mean limp mode?

The engine management light comes on, and the car will not run at full power. You can drive it fine, it just won't let you push it as there will be a sensor on the car telling the ECU that something is wrong.

The guy I bought it off said he has never had any issues at all with, he's a forum member and was a really genuine bloke who had looked after the car... it has to be something to do with the exhaust swap as its just way too much of a coincidence! Anyhoo, I guess Mini will find out for me tomorrow :)

Then finally I will be able to give it some beans again!

260% JCW
Have you got a Piper decat or a milltek sports cat? Don't really want any lights on on my dash!

I told Will I wanted around 230bhp and asked what would be required and he suggested his p-torque map and a milltek sports cat fitted for £895.00 or the piper decat, I can't be arsed with the hassle of swapping pipes for the MOT etc though so going for the sports cat as long as it doesn't make lights come on!

He also suggested a Forge Carbon Fibre Intake System for £180 but tbh im not sure why i'd want that?

Yeah it's the Piper de-cat pipe, only costs £160 compared to the £500 sports cat. Luckily though I know someone who will pass it with the cat off. The re-map will get rid of the light with the sports cat though.

As for the Forge intake im sure Will said its the intake they use on the Mini challenge series (bit like the clio cup series). I've only got an ITG panel filter, can't be doing that bad though with the power she made. TBH the filter is sat at the back of the engine so your going to get lots of heat soak as the scoop doesn't allow much in. You can get a filter which comes with a carbon fibre scoop and looks the nuts. But it costs £600 :(

m7.gif

There's a scoop on the bonnet which seals with the scoop above the engine, it looks the nuts and probably does a great job but for that kind of money.....no thanks.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Just as a question, what oil does the engine take?

An oil light came on just now (the red one, and only pops up when you start engine then disappears so I assume its not critical? Says in manual fill up within next 125 miles?) Will I be ok for tomorrow? (only got to drive 15 miles and will go get some oil after work) Can't go get some now as halfords shut at 8.

I f**king hate the dipstick on these cars, they are a pain in the arse to read properly, whats wrong with a good old fashioned plastic dipstick instead of a threaded one with some fancy things on it.

260% JCW
The dip stick is shite, the warning light is just to let you know its low, Its 5w30 by the way. Should be fine but i'd get some ASAP and top it up.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Should check the oil regularly on R56s they seem to like the stuff.

The OP's car looks epic aswell. Absolutely love R56s. Although I hate the way they sound on idle, like a broken tractor.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Yeh I checked it at the weekend but I must of misread the dipstick (was first time i'd read it since getting the car and was difficult to tell as you know!). As said I'll get some on the way back from work so i'll only be doing like 15 miles on it, should be fine. I checked the dipstick and its on the min line so should be fine.

Looks pretty tough which helps shake the girly image, but I wouldn't own one.

Lol'ing at the people disbelieving the readiness of turbo lumps to free up large amounts of power for f**k all. You stick to your N/As ;)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I'm going to get one of those carbon m7 intakes... Look sick!

Sod keeping it standard, let the tweaking commence! LOL