ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My R56

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Picked this little beauty up yesterday, its an R56 in Astro Black loaded with options. Chuffed to bits with it, very different feel to my old modified R53.

6072562947_d23a5c1518_z.jpg

R56 Mini - Front by Stickars, on Flickr

6072562481_cdac51e6b5_z.jpg

R56 Mini - Rear by Stickars, on Flickr

6072562067_17bd617613_z.jpg

R56 Mini - Side by Stickars, on Flickr

Sam

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Looks good that! Was there an option for the black grill or has that been added? I really fancy an R53 in grey for my next car.

Its been specced from factory with the Aero Kit, the grill comes as part of that iirc.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Yeah, this ones an 07. They have an adjustment for the bolster I think, I dont recall my old 03 Cooper S being too bad though.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have the one I test drove a serious bashing for about half hour and I couldn't walk when I got out. I really had my heart set on one but it let me down massively, felt a tad slow and understeered massively. Loved the sound and gearbox though.

I will test drive a new one soon once the OH chooses to upgrade the Alfa.

I really want it to impress as they look so damn good.

260% JCW
Is the first part of your reg CN56?, if so you should have kept the FJCW exhaust that was on it.

Welcome to MCS ownership......did you have Clio before?

260% JCW
I have the one I test drove a serious bashing for about half hour and I couldn't walk when I got out. I really had my heart set on one but it let me down massively, felt a tad slow and understeered massively. Loved the sound and gearbox though.

I will test drive a new one soon once the OH chooses to upgrade the Alfa.

I really want it to impress as they look so damn good.

Although it feels slow it isn't really.... + a quick remap, decat ect and your looking at 250hp.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Did you live down the road from the guy who owned it before? He mentioned he was after a 182 and a lad had one near to him.

Yeah I had a few MK1 Clio's before, Hybrid, Valvers etc.. I do like the JCW exhausts, but I've been and done the whole loud exhaust thing, the standard one pops and rasps as it is!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Aye with a map, front mount intercooler, decat should see near enough 300 ft/lb torque and 250bhp.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
This ones a Turbo.

My old 2003 MCS (supercharged) made approx 215bhp (189WHP) with a 17% reduced charger pulley, GP intercooler and JCW plugs. They don't even need mapping for it either... impressive power for a small ammount of the queens english.

260% JCW
Did you live down the road from the guy who owned it before? He mentioned he was after a 182 and a lad had one near to him.

Yeah I had a few MK1 Clio's before, Hybrid, Valvers etc.. I do like the JCW exhausts, but I've been and done the whole loud exhaust thing, the standard one pops and rasps as it is!

Not me matey, i know it from Minitorque and totalmini. Have you signed up to those forums, some good gen.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Yeah im on MT mate, was a member on there when I had my R53.

Coilovers, a map, decat and IC will be going on as soon as the Warranty expires.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Meh! I'd maybe put up with a slightly louder exhaust it is meant releasing a few more ponies. The back box just makes it loud and gives it no benefits.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
My mum has an R56 in white.She had a 53 but the new ones just a better car all round.Plus the added mpg.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
There is one on ebay at the minute for 10,250. Similar spec to mine... I drove all the way down to Gloucestershire to see last weekend and its an absolute dog. Craters of paint missing on the bonnet, signs of accident damage!

Its a shame, because it was a cracking specification

260% JCW
There is one on ebay at the minute for 10,250. Similar spec to mine... I drove all the way down to Gloucestershire to see last weekend and its an absolute dog. Craters of paint missing on the bonnet, signs of accident damage!

Its a shame, because it was a cracking specification

When we bought the car it was for the Mrs so i wasn't arsed about spec as she loves Minis. Now though looking back i wish we had looked for one with factory xenons and JCW aero, A must IMO.

We thought about upgrading to a JCW and borrowed one for the day. It's not that much quicker and the 4 pots aren't that sharp IMO. Apart from that they're much the same. Nothing worth the ect £k's they cost.

For years I resisted the Mini. Never liked them at all. Hated the interior also. It's only in the last couple of years that they have grown on me, and I really like yours.

I'm not a fan of black rims though. Have you thought about going a few shades lighter? I think a deep bronze would look look amazing on that car.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
The black rims were specc'ed from new, they are JCW webspoke 17's. Once it's got some Blisteins or Meister R's on it, some RCA's & Spacers will give it a bit more stance.

Doing my best to resist the remap, FMIC & de-cat route at the minute. The need for 250bhp in a tin can is inevitable though.