ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My R27 problems, what are your thoughts on this?

RB 182
Im a mechanic and ive worked at 2 Ford dealers and im now at Vauxhall. The only time ANYONE has taken a customers car home is after the customer has given their say so, and the only people to take them are the Master Techs, which in my experience are 40 something year old family guys who couldnt really give a s**t weather its a 197 or a 1.2, all they want to do is fix the fault so they can see the back of it! They wont take it home for a rattle anyway, as how are they going to fix it on their way home from work? Only time ive ever seen a car go home is after engines have been fitted, or if its an ongoing fault that we need to make sure has been totally eliminated. Trust me, minor rattles are the worst job any mechanic can get as you dont get paid anywere near the amount of time you spend on the job!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Don't get annoyed with me stevo but imo the best recourse for you is to get a refund, even if it costs you a few quid. That 197s just aint got the redeeming features of previos RS models, but it seems they have all the same bad points.
What? Poor seating possion/seats, huuge steering wheel that melts and rattling interior ;)

LOL I've never been to the moon but I know its not made of green cheese. The 197 is not ''an awesome car'' and you are pathetically reiterating the same hackneyed apologisms for a motor who's feet of clay will soon be revealed.

Hmmmmm had an extended test drive have we??

Can't remember reading any 1*2 HATER THREADS.

Maybe if you were here back in the day, you might have read some......

Youth of today, so full of anger, haven't you got a street corner to hang around??? ;)

E30 318iS x2
This yours?

photo0349an0.jpg

Mondeo TDCI 130
It actually makes me chuckle on here, when they first come out there were loads of haters, but i can see them turning slowly!!! The odd, "maybe a would have one" pops up!!
There GREAT, just a bit different, and sometimes people are wary of different!!
I would have one, not a doubt in my mind!

White 197
It actually makes me chuckle on here, when they first come out there were loads of haters, but i can see them turning slowly!!! The odd, "maybe a would have one" pops up!!
There GREAT, just a bit different, and sometimes people are wary of different!!
I would have one, not a doubt in my mind!

That seams to be what is happening over on renaultsport too.

Black 197
The creak is where the white cover that comes down the edge of the windscreen meets the dash just next to the tweeter. pad it out and you should notice it gone. mine was the same, and its an amazing transformation

Clio F1 R27
The creak is where the white cover that comes down the edge of the windscreen meets the dash just next to the tweeter. pad it out and you should notice it gone. mine was the same, and its an amazing transformation

Hi Gaz, I'm not near the car at the mo. I'll have a look tomorrow. Thanks for this!

Clio F1 R27
This yours?

photo0349an0.jpg

Yes this is my car.

In response to all the posts the point I was making was that the car is MINE now so I wouldn't expect the dealer to take it home and rag it on an empty tank of standard unleaded fuel (as I've seen them do with their demos and 2nd hand cars).

My reason for being concerned about the car being taken home was because when I spoke to the service manager about my problems he said that one of their technicians was going to "keep the car for the week", whilst they diagnosed and fixed the seat and dash.

Since me discovering the oil cap being left off when I first took the car and the attitude of their service desk staff I am not completely confident in their ability to look after my best interests.

When you have spent as much money as I have on this car (and also lose as much as I did trading in my 172 (2k more they put it on the forecourt for)) you expect to be looked after.

Since doing some research on the dash issue (with the much appreciated help from fellow 197'ers) I am going to go back to them on Tuesday to tell them just to fix the creaking Recaro seat and to ignore the dash. I will also be confirming exactly who and where my car will be taken.

As for 197 haters, you make me yawn with your crap..

Turbo LY R27
The dashboard creak is the instrument panel mate, just put some cushioning tape around the plastic panel. That worked on mine and is 90% better.That should sort out most of it. Im the same, i hate any noises from my cabin. And the recaro issue i find gets resolved if i move the seat forward a little lol :)

Suzuki Swift Sport
Could we have a pic of where to put the cushioning tape? pleeeeeease.

Thanks

Nick

ps does anyone have a weird clunking/knocking from the rear at low speed over small bumps (its very quiet - need to turn stereo off and heater to hear it)

Clio F1 R27
The dashboard creak is the instrument panel mate, just put some cushioning tape around the plastic panel. That worked on mine and is 90% better.That should sort out most of it. Im the same, i hate any noises from my cabin. And the recaro issue i find gets resolved if i move the seat forward a little lol :)

I think this is another creak. I have two, one from the right by the tweater and sometimes get a rattle from the instrument panel like you've said.

Not sure how I do this with the tape? Do I need to take the dash off?

I don't think anything is going help the creaky recaro as it sounds like the springs creaking...

E30 318iS x2
Ah right was eyeing that up when mum bought her car V nice!

RE the desk staff: I know what you mean. Dont like the fat guy sat at the service desk, has been off with me every time I have been in there.

White 197

RE the desk staff: I know what you mean. Dont like the fat guy sat at the service desk, has been off with me every time I have been in there.

Ah no he is in fairness very good, although his name escapes me at the moment.

Black 197

I think this is another creak. I have two, one from the right by the tweater and sometimes get a rattle from the instrument panel like you've said.

I don't think anything is going help the creaky recaro as it sounds like the springs creaking...

no, its simple, ill take a photo tomorrow when its not so cold. You could fit a 2pence in the gap its that wide, its the white strip, it needs constant pressure on it to stop it creaking. Drive along and when it does it just push on the white strip where it meets the dash, this'll confirm it. It doesnt do it on the passenger side

Clio F1 R27

Cheers mate. Yeah thats the one he hates me aswell. His attitude stinks.

Clio F1 R27

no, its simple, ill take a photo tomorrow when its not so cold. You could fit a 2pence in the gap its that wide, its the white strip, it needs constant pressure on it to stop it creaking. Drive along and when it does it just push on the white strip where it meets the dash, this'll confirm it. It doesnt do it on the passenger side

Spot on for that mate. If you dont mind posting that up i think alot of us would be very grateful!

White 197
Steve does your car still have the parrot kit fitted or did they take it out? I think the cable for the microphone runs under that white plastic trim and it maybe not helping with the creaking if they have had the trim removed.