ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My PH2, Turning it into a track car

Hi all,

So here is my PH2 which I'm turning into a track car so I don't use my everyday car and ruin it.

Only had a few hours on it today, so started stripping it down, everything removed is for sale :)

I'm looking for a spare set of wheels to put 888's on and I'll be progressing it as I go along.

It's also just had fitted new pads, and drilled & grooved discs although I'm not sure what make they are, I'll look through all the receipts.

A few pics from today.

e2ee6efb.gif

6b0e6367.gif

Last bit of roof glue to get off
629c101a.gif

d2013d1c.gif

504cd4a6.gif

eec31b61.gif

Looks far to good an example to strip
smiley6.gif

Always prefer starting off with a nice example :)

Here's a pile of everything removed.

dc2a5994.gif

This air filter is off, although I need to get some nuts/bolts together to mount the standard airbox back in.

725be3b5.gif

And my new Luke 4 point harnesses

73d39725.gif

Plans are:

Spare wheels with 888's
brembo discs, 2500 pads
rear cage with harness bar
Bucket seats
Keeping the engine healthy

as for boot carpet, it's got some black sealer on it I will get a pic for you

My Iphone doesnt save all pics I take, I took 10 for a decent update but only 2 saved :(

The xhaust was a complete bodge, so I bought and fitted a Milltek downpipe and decat all in one, and a Magnex oval cat back, sounds great.

It's had an oil change too using 5w40 fully synthetic, and in a few weeks I'll do another using decent Gulf oil.

I was also bored so painted the grille and front diamond, and added a few stickers advertising my garage.

95578e00.gif

c542363e.gif

Thanks for the comments, good or bad it doesn't matter :)

I run my own garage, so the car lives inside and I can change things as and when I want like the colour of the grille etc :D

In regards to engine plans I don't have any as yet, the standard airbox is going back on just need to make up some hardware to reinstall.

The harnesses are 2" wide with Aircraft buckles.

Monaco 172
Got some Yokohama A048's in the for sale section and will have some white 172 wheels as well in the next couple of weeks. You're only just down the A1 from me.

Project looks good! Hoping to get mine over to Snetterton a few times this year.

Arent 195'50's the wrong size though? IE the 50 profile too big? I asked you about them in your thread :)

Monaco 172
Ah yeah so you did! 50 profile will be fine on them mate. I was going to put them on my 172 wheels.

Drop me a PM if you want to do a deal. My 172 wheels are white though if that makes any difference to you.

Why is everyone hating the grille, I must admit I quite like it or am I just strange? Remember it's a track car, I wont use it on the road so I want it to be a bit lairy/different.

I put the pics side by side to compare :)

e2ee6efb.gif

c542363e.gif