ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My OCD is now a lot happier!!

Bought my 182 6 months ago and the stupid silver seatbelts have bugged me since day 1 - anyway got another 182 just before Christmas to break so kept myself the seatbelts - they were just as filthy as mine but at least I could have a go at cleaning them off the car and could let them dry properly before fitting so over the weekend I had a go at cleaning them - I'm sure you'll agree from the pic below it was worth doing! Have now fitted them and look like new! Really pleased - so I'm now in the middle of cleaning the ones I removed so I can sell them instead so if anyone fancies a virtually mint pair of front belts let me know

B68D74F8-B707-49E7-BEEB-074E832C8C55_zpsscxoganj.jpg

lol - DAZ! can't beat it for incredible whites!

1211d1217097343-daz.jpg

just put them in the kitchen sink to soak for an hour or 2 then went over with a stiff valeting brush on both sides, put back in to soak again then repeat, rinse then allowed to dry thoroughly

tim you really need to get out more mate!!

your the only person ive ever seen use silicone wipes on air pipes and now its escalated in using daz on the inside of your car!?

Wasn't difficult - have to remove the rear door cards then just a few bolts - took me 2 hours from start to finish to fit both including cleaning all under rear seats, hoovering behind door cards etc

lol - wait til you see the polished it's going on the 182 adds - I've spent the last 6 months flatting nearly every aluminium part in the engine bay - not fitted any yet though so got a busy few months ready for fcs - gonna need loads of parts mate - you need a hotline set up!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Pull them fully out of the car, trap in car door then net wash them, come up right treat.

Tell me about it - was like that when I bought the car!
Problem leaving them fitted while cleaning is they take ages to dry properly especially as it's still cold outside so will be still wet when you let them wind back in - perfect if you want to replace the dirt with mould!

Evo 8 MR
Tell me about it - was like that when I bought the car!
Problem leaving them fitted while cleaning is they take ages to dry properly especially as it's still cold outside so will be still wet when you let them wind back in - perfect if you want to replace the dirt with mould!

I agree, do it properly and remove them. Won't need doing for years now if properly looked after.