ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
regas will suit it!

them plugs you pulled out look fine to me!

on yours, when your on over run if you tap the throttle really gently... does it bang and pop then?? if so you have a boost leak somewhere...

tom i had them wheels on my 200 but i had the hardcore special offset ones they did, which only came in the 1 colour...

I think the WMIC may be starting to crack tbh. It pops and bangs when you blip down the gears, on overrun and sometimes does it on gearchanges.

The plugs look rich to me, being used to N/A I suppose they will do.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the electrode etc is clean, its just the threads that are a bit black... looks like its running fine to me...

drive the car along, in 3rd bring it up to like 5k rpm and come off the accellerator and let it coast in gear then just tap the gas with your foot really lightly and quickly like 1/2 a cm pressure and off again, if the car pops doing this you have a boost leak...

182 cup
2 of my friends have 200s and they are awesome cars one is running stage 3a and pushing 332hp proven and the other is going for just a touch over 300hp even on stage 1a they are pretty rapid motors i love me!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice to meet you today mate! Even though you looked nothing like i'd imagined! lol.

The Regamasters, have the right stamping etc so they are genuine.

Front strut clearance (17x8 ET35)
08052010191.jpg

And caliper clearance, tight as a duck's anus TBH...
08052010192.jpg

How the front sits...
08052010193.jpg

And the rear (17x9 ET38)
08052010194.jpg

Better pictures when I get my DSLR back from Soph. Need to refurb them, and probably space the fronts maybe 3mm to be safer with the calipers. Rears might want spacing a touch when I buy coilies next pay day, we shall see anyway. Desperately need some tyres too, and to refurb them.

We did around 400miles Dan, was a good stint for them. He knows I'd have done the same for him, useful having petrolheads (or diesel) for mates.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
On the Z there was literally 0.5mm of clearance from the caliper writing to the rim! Looked too close tbh!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
WOAH! you can run much more than that on the rear!! i ran stock arches with a 18/9.5 et 15 on the rear!! i would stick a set of 20mm hubcentrics on the rear (give me a shout if you need spacers i can get you hubcentrics with new studs etc cheap!) and i would do 15 or 20mm on the front! stick 225/40 tyres on the back or even 215/40 and a 205 on the front... then coilovers and a healthy amount of camber...

dont be a pussy!

Still going to be s**tting bearings left right and centre, hubcentrics or not. Need to lower it first before I decide how far out they need to go.

Chris, Man up and buy something Jap anyway! Girl.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Suggestions on how a student, living at home and renting his property in order to pay for it, can possibly afford to change car, with cash?

You're as bad as f*cking Ali. Except less Scottish, and therefore slightly better.

You could sell the Rover and give me the money? Or advise me to stop buying Apple products each month.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Looks goos, mine pops/bangs but only when i change gear after boost, i am running pidgeon mod though.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Mate tell me how putting 20mm spacers on is any different to running et 20 or below?? I had my et 20's spaced to et 15 I know people who run minus et's on 200's and drift on them!!! No one has bearing issues!!! Your being bent! Bolt on hubcentrics won't put any more stress on the bearings! And the bearings on 200's are strong!!! Stop being gay! My 200 was low and was running et20 with 5mm spacer on front and did have 10s rear but I was scrubbing on non flared arches! So that's et15 front and 10 rear with 9.5" wide wheels all round! I had it over 3 years and never s**t a bearing!!! Engines and turbos and boxes and clutches I did s**t loads of! Bearings never!

At least with ET20 you're bolting straight onto the hub face, not bolting onto a face that you've bolted to the hub face. I aren't a massive fan of spacers, ran some on the rear of the ZR for 10 minutes, they made the bearing rumbling noise of failure so I slung them straight away and all was right again. So, How about you f**k right off with the insults, and maybe you'll have somebody who will want to buy spacers off you.

At the end of the day, it's my car, I'm in a bad mood today and I read all that s**t about how bent I apparently am from Malice. Just give me a chance to 1) Actually get money to continue modding it and 2) Make my own bloody mind up without trying to pull me in every which way CS wants my car to look.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
WTF's going on in here???

Malice, ffs step away from the keyboard! Its Gaz's car and he can do whatever he wants to it! Calling him a bender isn't really needed is it!

J03

MX5 1.8
some people have too much passion, that much to express over a forum board is actually quite sad. its only a car ffs, get out, take a breather leave CS for half and do something other than spend half your life on here!
if am right gaz hasnt had this car long, am sure along the way he will sort things out. last thing i want is making a mistake then everyone on cs feels the need to throw a fail pie in my face.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
WOAH i didnt mean it in a nasty way lol!

sorry my post read as so... im not selling spacers i was offering a contact if you did want some, but will butt out and wont say anything in the future...

andy btw there is no difference between running et40 or et20 with a 20mm spacer that is hubcentric and bolted on none at all.

Dude, I don't mind your advice at all, but let me mull things over!

All you needed to say were the bearings are strong and there's plenty people running them fine, not go on a rant about how bent I am because I'm not keen on spacers.
As they stand, they're a vast improvement over what it looked like before, but before I make a decision on spacing I want to lower it and see what I think I'll like best.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
as i said sorry i didnt mean to offend! i didnt mean it in a f**k me your a f**king faggot... way it was supposed to be a friendly ohhh your a bender way lol!

the bearings are strong and like i said running a proper billet bolt on hubcentric spacer is like adding material to the hub face of the wheel... making them a lower et...

25-30mm is the most i would ever run on a spacer but 20mm is fine.

saying that i know people drifting on 50mm spacers...

As long as it goes like stink and looks good when its moving then f**k it. Hes a yorkshire lad so spending money on s**t it doesnt need is going to be lowest priority.

Nissan 200sx
Gaz, i have a brand new stage 2 chip for the s14a, i might also be able to get some nismo 550 injectors and the gt281r turbo aswell if your interested, brother will require them for the running in of his new engine

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Got any full car pics with the new wheels on Gaz? They look spot on!