ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

A bit more progress.

Got my stepdad to powdercoat the bonnet stand for me seeing as it was going very rusty. It's the best finished part of the car now!
01072010239.jpg

Then I set about the front end a bit more today. Removed more of the front end...
03072010240.jpg

Chopped some metal out to get the FMIC in...
03072010241.jpg

Took the horns and wings off so I could waxoyl everything I can get to...
03072010242.jpg

03072010243.jpg

03072010244.jpg

Part of the front end and the horns painted...
03072010245.jpg

More of the front end waxoyl'd...
03072010246.jpg

And then, fitted the DV to the intercooler cold pipe, had to chop the silicone reducer down a bit to get it to fit...
03072010247.jpg

So, tomorrow I'll be tucking the loom as high as I can in the O/S Arch (modified a bit with a lump hammer before waxoyl-ing), putting the wings on, and cracking on with the FMIC install. The waxoyl finsh is a bit poor with being brushed on, but I'll get a carbon cooling panel some time in the future to hide it. And it's better than rust anyway.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the wireing loom, the best way to do it is cut every wire and put it above the arch... i couldnt be bothered with that either lol, i got some stainless and made a cover to go over it and a couple riv nuts up inside the arch then used the cover to hold it up as high as possible! i rubbed through mine before i did that and had to chop wires and replace lol! measured the size bung you need buddy??

I've got enough slack to sit it on that lip on the inner arch. it's something I'll be keeping an eye on, so as soon as it rubs I'll re think it, but I hate wiring with a passion! Not yet, will tear it all out tomorrow and measure it up now you've reminded me

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You're doing a great job mate. I'd love to see it when it's done!

Still loving the Regas... thought about colour yet?

Think I'm going to just do them in a nice silver TBH Chris, want to keep it subtle. Just need to get it back together so I can pop over to leeds and get them done/put the new tyres on (stretch is involved, but I get the feeling I may have gone a bit OTT for the fronts at 195/40!)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
195/40's will be fine on the 8's

im gonna run 205/45's on my 9.5's lol!

You're a sick puppy Malice!

Very pleased with my progress today, especially as I woke up rough as hell!

Firstly, N/S wing back on...
04072010248.jpg

Then over to the other side, to tuck the loom best I could and put that wing back on...
04072010249.jpg

Next was to fit the horns, which I relocated behind the panel they sat on, and also clipped that sensor thingy to the right of the middle panel, rather than the front of it...
04072010250.jpg

Then I tested the FMIC, and noticed I had to notch the chassis a little bit, so out with the grinder, then waxoyl to protect them...
04072010251-1.jpg

04072010252.jpg

I then rebuilt the front end around the FMIC (which is currently held on by only 1 bolt, need some taps to fix the lower 2 brackets.)
04072010253.jpg

I decided to chop the 2 bars out between the bumper bar and the upright bars in front of the rad. They were badly bent. I'll probably knock up 2 support bars to replace them, but in all honesty they're doing not a lot anyway.
04072010254.jpg

On with the bumper to test what needed trimming and also to stop everybody who passes it getting covered in waxoyl...
04072010258.jpg

04072010256.jpg

04072010259.jpg

I then moved my attentions to the Carbon Canister delete. I knocked up the tube out of 2 pieces originally on the canister, they should seal as the thinner tube can't be pulled out of the thicker one. if not, I'll knock something else up. So the tube...
04072010260.jpg

And the tube in place...
04072010261.jpg

I then ripped the WMIC out...
04072010262.jpg

And put some intercooler piping in it's place...
04072010263.jpg

04072010264.jpg

04072010265.jpg

Then my final task for the day, remove the redundant BOV piping (just need a bung for the intake now.) This has helped tidy the bay up a little IMO...
04072010266.jpg

04072010267.jpg

04072010268.jpg

And a final shot, I love how mean it looks with no headlights/grill in...
04072010269.jpg

Obviously there's a lot left to do, I need to do all the rust in the battery tray/washer bottle area, knock up a battery clamp, spray the OEM hot pipe as it's rusty, fit all the pipework and do a decent installation of the boost controller.

A bit more forwards progress. Sorted out a couple of sheared bolts, then started to knock up a proper battery clamp.

Using a bit of old 5mm mild steel and some 3/8" Whitworth Stud Bar, I conjured up the following.

One hole sorted...
05072010270.jpg

Bar shortened...
05072010271.jpg

Second bar in and marking out hole for drilling with some grease...
05072010272.jpg

Just need to drop the washer bottle, paint everything up to prevent rust, tidy the clamp bar up, paint that, then drop it all in and tighten it up.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Not too sure but it looks like a ebay jobby, seems a shame the last owner skipmed on the mani but put a good system from the turbo back on. Think i'm going to get the H-Dev manifold and ecu map when i find a new daily driver.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tbh mate, i have seen tommei and hks manifolds that cost 600+ and they crack too... take it off and get it welded...

pretty much all of the manifolds you can get in the uk are made in the same factories in china lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah the joys of cracked stainless manifolds..I had mine off about 10 times..lol! Like malice says they all crack..

ITB'd MK1
tbh mate, i have seen tommei and hks manifolds that cost 600+ and they crack too... take it off and get it welded...

pretty much all of the manifolds you can get in the uk are made in the same factories in china lol

Ben Taylor went through 11 (?) manifolds and each and every one cracked, one of them was a £900 manifold and the wastegate port broke off after a few weeks.

Mild steel FTMFW, stainless can't deal with the heating cooling cycles involved with turbos

Lose the HKS filter as a matter of extreme urgency, they filter nothing, I've seen skylines lose both turbos in one hit because of grit getting through thos mushroom things. Apexi filter all the way

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I took a HKS off and replaced with an Apexi..

Your tubby will be fine with 90k..good ol T28's..

ITB'd MK1
it's the adapter part that costs the money, the filters themselves are cheap. Probably gone up a bit since i bought one, but call somewhere like SRB-power and ask for just an element, pretty sure there's one to fit the s14 afm.

HKS filter is £289 new

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
will post that bit on friday for you dude, been rushed off my feet at the garage so havent had time.

Made some more progress today, not far off being back on the road, just waiting on a few bits to come through the post.

So I started off by dropping the washer bottle, shearing just about every bolt with a little twist of a 1/4" drive in the process...
11072010284.jpg

It was then time to tidy up the holes I've made, waxoyl the underside and hammerite the battery tray...
11072010285.jpg

While that was drying, I tapped out the 2 holes in the subframe to finally hold the intercooler in place...
11072010286.jpg

Got my stepdad to blast the OEM hot pipe for me, so prayed that in Hi Temp Black...
11072010288.jpg

Then put the battery clamp stud bars in, double nutted underneath for good measure...
11072010289.jpg

11072010290.jpg

Moved onto sorting out the vacuum lines under the Throttle body, from left to right we have the dump valve line, a blanked off line (carbon canister) and the line for the Boost Gauge T and the Boost Controller (originally carbon canister)...
11072010292.jpg

With this done, I sliced an old blue silicone hose up, turned it inside out so it was black, and ziptied it to the cold pipe to protect it from the cut battery tray, then fitted it all up...
11072010293.jpg

And then the outlet from the Intercooler to the cold pipe...
11072010295.jpg

So I'm now waiting on a bung for the recirc pipework, a Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller, an Apexi Air Filter to replace the HKS and a little universal washer bottle & pump.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
sorry bud it will be posted tomorrow morning! been busy as hell this weekend! promise!