ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new yellow calipers

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
:dead: Not sure where to post this, had a dream and couldnt wait to buy a vented carbon bonnet and exhaust and woke up to this

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5020/71240821zw4.png

I have a question too, they clamped me because the previous owner didnt pay 2 fines more than 1 year ago and they say now I am liable to pay for it because Im the registered owner? What should I do?

well I had no choice since it was heading to the impound and I paid 673 pounds on the spot, goodbye carbon bonnet + exhaust.

PS this is the first pic I have of my car with the rims and tints on, would a vented carbon bonnet suit it you reckon? with black side repeaters and I think it would be complete .. but obviously no where near to be finished now ..

What a beautiful birthday present for the car, got it in november 06

Last edited:
  RS Meg 175
pisstake really cant you go back to the previous owner? or do all the rights etc. go over to you? sure someone on here will no :)

Carbon bonnet will suit it not a vented jap one tho lol imo anyway

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
i like the one on ktecs site, the vented one /drool

but yeah i was wondering if someone could tell me, ive paid already but i had no chice like i said =/.

D

dick

id have jacked it up and put a s skateboard under the wheel.

but that cant be right can it? surely no way that can be lawful?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Why did you pay it?

Its nothing to do with you! did you not explain?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Its not down to you to pay the fine, you should never of paid it, was it the council that clamped the car, or a private company.

If it was a private company good by money, if its the Council I would right a letter of complaint and get them to refund the money straight away. They should pester the previous owner for the fines and take him to court if needed.

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
I did explain but when i realised it was clamped they were ready to take it to the impound which cost 150 pounds if i can remember and 15 pound each day for storage or some s**t.

the guy said doesnt matter its your car now

dunno if it was a private company, it was some dude driving around in some white van with cameras all around it lol wtf was he doing in the ghetto that wnker!! he lucky the g00nz didnt slit all his 4 wheels like the bus does

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Mate you have been well and truly caught with you pants around your ankles.

They cant just take a car away for no other reason than the previous owner has out standing fines against them. They should have gone through the DVLA to obtain the owners details and sent a court summons to his address.

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
Mate you have been well and truly caught with you pants around your ankles.

They cant just take a car away for no other reason than the previous owner has out standing fines against them. They should have gone through the DVLA to obtain the owners details and sent a court summons to his address.

what should i do? :dapprove:

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
well was it a Private Clamping company, if it is your fcuked. No chance of getting your money back and I wouldnt even bother kicking up a fuss, as you may just find you car gone the next morning with no idea where they have taken it.

If its the council I would phone them up arrange to take the V5 Doc to them with the details of ownership, date of purchase, any reciptes you may have for the car, and stand there until the payment is refunded and the details have been wiped from the system.

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
I paid by credit card if that helps, with a bogus 3% charge because of credit card. SCMAMERS!! ill check if its a private company right now brb

The one good thing is that you paid on a credit card, as said get down the cab or a solicitiors thogh.

There is no way your liable for another persons parking fines & they can't make you pay (I know you did) tbh you could have called the police.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
If they'd tried to take my car I would've plonked my a*se in the drivers seat and refused to move!!

No chance I would've paid the fine and if they still continued to try and take the car I would've phoned the police!

Hope you can get your cash back mate

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
so they just randomly clamped you because of the previous owner? not because you were packed on double yellows or anything? how did they find it?

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
so they just randomly clamped you because of the previous owner? not because you were packed on double yellows or anything? how did they find it?

I was sleeping and heard my alarm going off, outside my house no lines no need for permit or anything. they found it because of their remote van with cameras on it, it scans number plates as it drives along.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd have gone f**king nuts.

It was silly of you to pay the fine but i'm guessing you're young and a bit naive. (sp)

Now, if i was you, i'd get on the blower to the Citizens advice, see what they say, then get on to the previous owner, then i'd get onto the credit card company and tell them you wish to cancel a payment as it was not authorised...ANYTHING has got to be worth a shot!!

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
I'd have gone f**king nuts.

It was silly of you to pay the fine but i'm guessing you're young and a bit naive. (sp)

Now, if i was you, i'd get on the blower to the Citizens advice, see what they say, then get on to the previous owner, then i'd get onto the credit card company and tell them you wish to cancel a payment as it was not authorised...ANYTHING has got to be worth a shot!!

yeah it was either pay it on the spot or watch them take it away. taking candy from a baby. i will phone citizens advice now

edit:

phone lines are closed ffs everything bad happens to me

Bunch of these private clamping bandits clamped up the wheel on a guy I used to work with's car. He went home got his tools (he is a tech) jacked the car up, unbolted the strut, took the clamp off without damaging it then handed it in at the police station as lost property. The clampers couldnt claim criminal damage or theft as a result so they ended up wasting their time and not making a penny.

My trusty lil 182 :)
As said above, phone your credit card company, explain the situation and try and get them to cancel or suspend the payment. Do it asap or you could be too late...

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Dude phone your credit card company NOW. Tell them it wasn't an authorised payment and you have no idea how it happened. That'll stop the payment. Then phone the police - seriously - what they did was so very against the law.

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
He hasn't lost the money yet, it's on his credit card. Stopping the payment is still an option...

Dan

Car SOLD :-(
TW4TS! That can't be legal.
Better man than me, I know I won't of been able to control my temper. Hope u get it sorted.