ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New VXR

browno

ClioSport Club Member
... and it's a bit bigger than an Astra!

I've finally got around to taking some snaps of my Vectra, after having it for 2 weeks. At the moment, it's a standard '07 plate 280 VXR, with 19's, CD70 Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Climate & (aftermarket) parking sensors...

I'm enjoying it so far, I've only done 500 miles so far, but that it likely to be corrected soon, as I'm possibly taking it to Le Mans with me (I was planning on taking the MX5, but it's got issues with it's new clutch!). It is definitely a quick motor - the power of that big turbo V6 being delivered in such a refined way though, that it's easy to get caught out going far too quick! It also handles pretty reasonably - I went out for a blast with my brother in his stage 2 astra VXR (about 290BHP, with rear anti-roll bar) and on normal roads, there was very little in it - the astra's a tiny bit quicker at low end - but higher speeds, the vec will disappear... Will be interesting to see how that changes when the vec gets a remap too - 310BHP and 450lbft should be pretty useful!

Anyway - enjoy the pictures, and I'll look forward to your comments, since the reaction was very mixed when I said I was buying it...

3518849427_1c7c0bdf71_o.jpg

3518849017_9f78d0886b_o.jpg

3519661574_1c6d9ca4b2_o.jpg

3519661314_8ceda6556e_o.jpg

3518847737_e762c2f5f8_o.jpg

3518848047_11e4961c11_o.png

3519662732_75bea64485_o.jpg

And finally with the clio and mazda

3518847509_e201ddca46_o.jpg

BMW 320d M-Sport
That is a very packed driveway you have! Didn't realise they did the Vectra VXR in estate format too! Looks's like it should fly tho! I like it, gotta be honest!

really like that, i remember your original thread- seem to remember not many people liking it lol

B

Brown.

interesting estate version, i think it speaks higher then the saloon version, it says 'i wanna be quick, and carry s**t' insted of im a chav dad :D

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Well - seems like a pretty positive reception so far then;)! Thanks for all your comments!

I have to say, it's a car I would probably have never considered before, but I was getting very bored of the freelander and wanted a bit of speed, when I saw it for a VERY good price, and just couldn't say no!

It's a great combination of a car that I'm comfortable using for work and when I need something smart and presentable, but that also has lots of speed on tap when I want to play! I think a few subtle mods will turn it into something that will really surprise a few unsuspecting people...

It's also a pretty rare beast too - only 134 estates apparently...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I hated the one i drove around Oulton park, I had to come in early cos i couldn't drive it lol.

Looks good though.

browno

ClioSport Club Member
450lbft ? nm ?

Oops - was a bit over optimistic and added 50 - most remapped cars over on VXR online are pushing 390-420lbft! I guess that's the benefit of a combination of displacement and a turbo...

Edit - stolen from VXR online as an example of the huge mid-range and torque gains:

RemapGraph.gif

Should be good for an easy 170+mph then!

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I didn't get to the point of even driving it hard, just couldn't drive it.

astra coupe on coilovers
awsome car mate jonny theres quite a few in the uk mate ;) courtney have one 350bhp 400 lbs of torqe

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Not bad!

You live in Oakwood? Looks like an Oakwood-ish house :)

Turbos.
I prefer the estate version, but i don't like the way it shouts about what it is. A fast estate should be a bit of a Q-Car IMO, so i would have gone for a black one at least!

I guess i struggle to see the point in having a fast but practical car that surely can't be as enjoyable to drive as well as the Clio or MX5? Fair enough if it was your only motoy and you wanted a car of mixed abilities, but i would have gone for a more sensible option and just used the other cars you have to have a bit of fun...

Otherwise i would have sold the Clio and got something like a second hand RS4 avant.

MKIII 138
Oops - was a bit over optimistic and added 50 - most remapped cars over on VXR online are pushing 390-420lbft! I guess that's the benefit of a combination of displacement and a turbo...

Edit - stolen from VXR online as an example of the huge mid-range and torque gains:

RemapGraph.gif

Should be good for an easy 170+mph then!

'kin ell ! how is that power possible ? almost supercar levels of torque and power is certainley supersaloon ?!

turbo upgrades and the like eh ?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Never seen the tourer versions before either. It's alright. Zafira vxr in arden blue is also nice.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Love it mate!!! i've got a remapped sri150 diesel and that goes well so the vxr must be rapid.

Renault Sport Clio 172
Estate looks amazing. But I own a 05 CDTi Vectra and the interior is exactly the same as mine apart from a few VXR badges would of thort the interior would of been more updated. Looks awesome tho fella fair play !

Didn't even know they did an estate one tbh! I love the hatchback ones and this is my favourite colour. Looks just as good in estate form :)

Nice cars. TBH most opinions people have of them are based on that melon Clarkson piling one into a corner on full lock/full throttle. It's no track car for sure but, that's not what it's designed for. Choice between that or a Renault s**t box on the autobahn, and I know which car I'd choose ;)