ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Twingo TCE Gordini

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
this will be controversial!!
mate offered me good cash on my 172 and this popped up local, just over 2yrs old with 23k miles, balance of warranty left, immaculate

Plans are RS Tuning stage 2 with 172 injectors (around 140bhp 150lb/ft), Coilovers and my 40mm Spacers.

sitting on the fence on the wheels and stripes at the moment going to give it a week or 2 and see how I feel about them, I think it would suit white pro race 3's or anthracite 2118's though!

kk3y.jpg

yxja.jpg

7e44.jpg

ndht.jpg

74ki.jpg

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Stripes off, Darm larger wheels. Colour coded Spoiler / fog trims... sussed.

Like these.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
that looks good, still sitting on the fence to see what i want to do with it, dont want to jump in and spend a fortune on it until ive decided what i think

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I like that. I like the 'f*** you' styling.

Don't spend a penny on it, enjoy the attention/laughs it gets, enjoy the rarity, then sell it on as a genuine rare original car for a higher price than you'll get if you start chopping it up/changing things.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Im with you on that one mark. but definately want coilovers like my last one and stage 2 this time rather than stage 1

Daniel, no bump, 172s are absolute money pits these days, and once modded these are just as much if not more fun! Only reason i went gordini is they are the newest tce twingo you can get

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Clio 182 alloys would go well on it. A guy on Twingo133.net had anthracite ones on his black twingo, it looked great.

The standard wheels with the blue inserts look awful, as do the RS ones.
I had black inserts on mine.

I kept the stripes, only had it as a play thing, and bought it with the idea that a years ownership of it would be the limit. It got replaced after 10 months.

They handle like nobodys business. As good as the mrs's 182 Cup, and I used to drive both cars all the time.

Gordini_web.gif

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the black insert 17s look better too!, there is a set local on ebay keeping an eye on them!

this handles a bit soft having the GT chassis but still plenty of grip, my last GT on AP coilovers was epic and that was only running T1-R's!, sub 1,000kg is the key to the fun on these!

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
What is stage 2 performance on these really like? 140bhp/150lbs/ft in a sub 1000kg seems interesting! Really tempted by a 133 for my next car!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
imo one of these at stage 2 is the better option over a 133, if your not into modifying then 133 all day long but if you don't mind modifying then these are awesome, my old one with an RS Tuner map at 119hp 145lb/ft would pull on 133's in a straight line and with sticky rubber and AP coilovers would out handle them too.

I really like it Martin, defo need to lose the white bits though, my mates RS133 in the picture youve posted has had all the white bits sprayed gloss black & it looks a million times better for it. Id love to drive one with stage 2 when its a hoot.