ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Monaro Mk2

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I mean, I know it looks like all I buy is Volvos and Australian Vauxhalls but I bought another monaro. It’s the big boot version like my old one so no fancy body kit or anything like that.

Ill put up some more details later but here is the obligatory on the way home fill up shot.

E52573F3-5193-4B97-B325-6DAC360B50DC.jpeg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Love a Monaro. Last event I raced the car ahead of me in the running order was a Monaro with a loud exhaust on it, was great fun sitting behind it launching off the line all day.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What’s it matter how long he owns it? At least he has owned it it. I’ve never had the balls to buy anything like this.

Just seen the ad for it. Seems an utter bargain for the spec and power! I’m assuming the seller was being a little exaggerative with the MPG they quoted 😆

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
What’s it matter how long he owns it? At least he has owned it it. I’ve never had the balls to buy anything like this.

Just seen the ad for it. Seems an utter bargain for the spec and power! I’m assuming the seller was being a little exaggerative with the MPG they quoted 😆

Thanks, it really does upset some people the fact I like to change cars! I just want to try as many as I can before I’m too old and have to start riding a royal Enfield.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I really hope you don’t care what people think, it doesn’t appear you don’t. F**k em!
You do you.
There’s enough of us who get it and genuinely enjoy your buys.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Looks really nice that mate, and i love the try as many cars as i can attitude, i wish i had the balls to do it.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Stop being a pussy and buy it off him in a few weeks then

I like these more than your endless s**t parade of Volvo's @leeds_182

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Can you not just have the centre silencers removed? Or maybe the back boxes removed?

That’s what I went for originally but he just shat on the existing exhaust and said I needed to upgrade the full system. To be fair, it’s looking little crusty but it is complete.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Im still in 2004. It’s £600 for a cat back with a single silencer. £700 with a middle silencer.

That doesn't seem too bad to me. Last time I was looking at stainless exhausts, a lot of off-the-shelf systems for hot hatches are nearly £1k now. I remember buying a cat-back system for sub-300 back in about 2005 :(

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That doesn't seem too bad to me. Last time I was looking at stainless exhausts, a lot of off-the-shelf systems for hot hatches are nearly £1k now. I remember buying a cat-back system for sub-300 back in about 2005 :(
I'm with you on this. My Mx5 2.5" cat-back exhaust was about £300 from a parts shop. I'd imagine the tube diameter is wider, plus there's more of it, plus someone's fabricating it themselves. That's seems very reasonable indeed.