ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new mod!

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio182 on 13 August 2005

Yeah its much better although takes longer to fit. I ordered mine from http://www.skidrive.co.uk/http://www.skidrive.co.uk/ and it cost me £155 for everything including delivery, which was £20 cheaper than anywhere else I could find. I ordered it at 4pm on Monday and it was at work at 8:30am the next morning.
is it a thule system? what bike carrier number is it?

Hmmm £80 for the roof rack, £100 with aero bars and £55 for a 591 rack like Allys, I presume you got aero bars and a 591 carrier then.

I should be able to get a discount once again, maybe get one later, too many bills just now!

[Edited by rory182 on 13 August 2005 at 10:49am]

Ive got a thule rack from my friends at Dales;)

Just watch out that the pads dont mark your roof, they need to be spotless when fitted, i had 4 nice rectangular marks on my roof after using one for about 6 months.....

Eventually just ended getting some thick blankets and putting the seats down and sticking the bikes in the back.

And your fuel economy will drop a fair bit.

Silver Fabia vRS

Yeah the MPG has dropped quite a bit :eek:

Its a Thule system with the part numbers 750 (Rapid Foot Kit), 1119 (Rapid Fitting Kit), 861 (Aero Bar), 544 (Rapid Foot Lock Kit) and 591 (Roof Cycle Carrier)

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio182 on 13 August 2005

Yeah the MPG has dropped quite a bit :eek:

Its a Thule system with the part numbers 750 (Rapid Foot Kit), 1119 (Rapid Fitting Kit), 861 (Aero Bar), 544 (Rapid Foot Lock Kit) and 591 (Roof Cycle Carrier)
birthday coming up, might request the roofrack bits from my folks and the bike carrier from my mates :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 13 August 2005

MPG! lol...best not mention that
Not too bad actually - I get better MPG with my roofbars/rack than I did using the rear-mounted carrier I had before. Which I sold to Rory, oops...

Last tankful was 34.9mpg (although trip computer showed 37.0mpg) and that was about 75% with roofbars/bike on top. Other 25% was town driving. But I try not to go over 75mph when the bikes on the roof.

where are you going in wales. Im from there and go out most weekends. Lots of people travel to ride where i go. Hope you have fun.