ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Mini Cooper S

Mini Cooper S
Exhaust is £290 delivered from a MINI dealership up north. Speak to Chris @ Lloyd Blackpool - 01253 607500

The exhaust is loud when caining it, but quiet when cruising. Pops & bangs very nicely.

I got the wheels second hand for £500, in very good condition. Wheels only new are £1000.

I'm getting remapped @ Evolve Automotive tomorrow and they have a very good reputation. I'll be reporting back shortly!

Enjoy the Mini and get some pics up :) Keep a close eye on the oil...they drink it.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Thats pretty good for the exhaust, Chris @ lloyd blackpool does a mega deal on the JCW kit too, £1040 painted and fitted or something like that I read on mini2. Sounds alot but as you know, that kits not cheap!

Definately report back on the remap as evolve is where I wanna go aswell! I want 230bhp out of mine so may have to do a few other mods. I want at least enough power to break the 200bhp/tonne mark.

Just FYI, i've only done a few hundred miles but i've not been hanging about and i'm getting 35mpg so far.

Mini Cooper S
My MPG has improved a lot since I put an ITG panel filter in. Perhaps the old one was blocked up?

Mini Cooper S
I'll update in a couple of days with a write up. Couldn't really get a feel for the new power increase last night due to the slippery roads but today it has impressed me on the way into work! I'll do a better report over the weekend.

60c3bf6d.jpg

You need some of these in your life! Tidy car but I think the seats let it down

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I'll update in a couple of days with a write up. Couldn't really get a feel for the new power increase last night due to the slippery roads but today it has impressed me on the way into work! I'll do a better report over the weekend.

You could of at least told me the before/after figures! :p

Mini Cooper S
Standard 175BHP, 197 ft/lb torque.
Remapped 200BHP, 235 ft/lb torque.

At about 4kRPM there's an increase of about 50 ft/lb torque which is where the map comes into play really. 4K+

Can definintely feel the difference! Imran @ Evolve didn't seem to think it was fuelling properly top end hence the lack of BHP increase. He wanted it at about 210/215BHP+

I'm probably going to give it an oil service and change the plugs to JCW ones, hopefully that will help the car. I don't have much faith in the MINI TLC servicing....

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That origanal torque curve is exactly why I died a little inside when I first drove one.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
i'll be honest thats a disappointment.

on the MINI forums i've seen cars get 215bhp-230bhp just from a stage 1 map.

Sounds like something isn't right with yours tbh, drinking loads of petrol (I know you said that has improved since the new filter went in) and then this aswell.

Mini Cooper S
Finally bit the bullet and bought my JCW kit, it certainly doesn't disappoint! Also got a 3/4 plate for the front...love it!

986286cc.jpg

f925c29c.jpg

The car hasn't got it's rear arches on as I need some new clips. They'll be purchase when BMW open....
Got a few other little plans, but they'll be revealed once done with pictures :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Looks good mate but lose the seats look like they came out of a Rover 75 !
Do go well when mapped tho .

Snotter's
Cant fault the looks, they are one of the best looking hatches with the JCW kit, i never got on with the girlfirends car though and sold it last week.

Mini Cooper S
Yeah after a bit of bartering I got the kit down to £1100 and fitted it myself.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Mini Cooper S
Took a few better pictures after a good clean, sorry about the iPhone quality! Gonna do a tunnel meet soon with a proper DSLR:

390044_10150502889687156_513632155_8388492_1302700566_n.jpg

387357_10150493408657949_661697948_8997655_801440806_n.jpg

5ebced26.jpg

f90eb30d.jpg

e2747315.jpg

b6232866.jpg

142d325b.jpg

Exhaust is £290 delivered from a MINI dealership up north. Speak to Chris @ Lloyd Blackpool - 01253 607500

The exhaust is loud when caining it, but quiet when cruising. Pops & bangs very nicely.

Trying to convince the GF to go for a map and exhaust on hers lol, that sounds ideal!

Looks good buddy. The drop and kit makes a world of difference. They have really grown on me as well and the interior is sublime in comparison to most hot hatches.

She also found the runflats appalling, drives nicer on her winter wheels lol!

Mini Cooper S
Wick - I put some normal Avon's on mine and the ride is sooo much better! Runflats give a nasty ride.
Yeah the kit has completely changed the look of the car for me. Might do a few more small bits to it. I want to do the headlights black, which involves splitting them open. Might go for a custom sports cat too. For the meantime I'm more than happy with the whole package atm.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What pack did you get, what exhaust system?

I'm just in the process of researching Mini GPs and they sound fantastic even from standard. There is one local to me and the sound was incredible. I would always be tempted to decat though... :eek:

Mini Cooper S
My R56 sounds completely different to an R53. Plenty of people think mine is decatted, even though it's just a fJCW backbox.
What do you mean by "pack"? The car has a chilli pack on it...

My mate recently had a GP, nice car but perhaps just a bit too hardcore for me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My R56 sounds completely different to an R53. Plenty of people think mine is decatted, even though it's just a fJCW backbox.
What do you mean by "pack"? The car has a chilli pack on it...

My mate recently had a GP, nice car but perhaps just a bit too hardcore for me.

Meant map I think! Superb mate, any drive by vids ect of it's sound?

Mini Cooper S
Yeah dunno how long its gonna last, was just driving round by work for about an hour and its not nice on the speed bumps!

I've got a Stage 1 Evolve remap on it, makes the car a lot more enjoyable.

Here's a little video, but it's not that great in replicating the true noise:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mini Cooper S
Haven't updated the thread in a while as nothing has really changed. Last mod was the bodykit fitted approx 1 year ago. Car has been great this year, almost zero problems - only a few minor things (covered under warranty). Had an oil change done at National tyres (£40), tax'd & MOT'd it (no advisories), pair of new Avons (£100 per corner) on the front - tracking fine, despite all the speedbumps and potholes I drove through.

Think I'm going to keep the car for a little while, the prices of them have dropped a fair bit and I really enjoy driving the car every day. Can't see what else I can see myself driving that would be much of an upgrade, unless I spend silly money.

Anyway, point of this update...just purchased the JCW brembos for the car, all round. Front drilled/groove discs, rear plain. Going on over the next couple of days so should look and feel good :) The brakes needed replacing so thought I'd do it properly! Nice bit of 4 pot and 316mm front discs!

Little picture from earlier in the year:

IMG_9760.jpg