ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Mini Cooper S

Mini Cooper S
Recently picked this up, after owning a 100BHP Clio.

Not completely in love with it yet unfortunately. Getting 25MPG (probs my fault), haven't found a comfy seating position yet, not 100% with the handling - probably the run flats.
However loving the power upgrade and the few small changes I've made so far. Short aerial, aero wiper blades and a factory JCW exhaust. The exhaust makes a fantastic noise and I love it!

Just gave it a quick wash, nothing special:

21aa34ac.jpg

15301664.jpg

6a7b88b1.jpg

8db70067.jpg

7c2d3cfb.jpg

eee2525b.jpg

dad33cce.jpg

Yes it's a fagwagon, estate agent car (I am one). Apart from that, what do you think? No real plans for it as of yet, however I'd like to do something with the wheels and get a light tint on the windows. Would love a remap and a JCW bodykit but neither of those will be happening anytime soon!

Ph1 172
i dont mind the outside. I hate how the dash is laid out though.

Plus, the premium they seem to drag annoys me. Fashion Icon nowdays.

Ph1 172
This.. Id love one but the interior annoys me

yeah thats kinda how id feel. speedo in the middle wtf? just need to glance at it not take you eyes completely off the road.

apparently if you have the one with satnav, thats in the middle and the speedo is in the normal place. i could live with that i think. but then again, for the money id easily have a 3 MPS.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Quite shocked your only getting 25mpg as from what i'd read over at mini2, torquemini etc you could easily average 35mpg even if you like to put your foot down.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Looks okay dude needs some work to make it your own

Think the R56 really needs lowering in order to really make it look right + the jcw bodykit will no doubt improve it further

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
The R56's are growing on me actually, i'll try and find the Mini thread on here, that'll inspire you!

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Yeah nice car.
You defo need to ditch the run flats. Transforms the ride and handling on mine.
Also really can't believe you are only getting 25mpg. Might be worth getting that checked.
Even when having fun in mine I struggle to get it to go below 30mpg and its normally 40mpg.
Make sure you keep an eye on your oil. Mine drinks the stuff. About 500ml per 1000 miles.
Also I can really recommend performance torque for a remap. Sorted mine out great :)

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
What power figures did yours see as a result of a remap Strell? Looking at getting 1 of these myself soon and read alot of different figures from P-torque, on mini2 someone posted just the other day saying they'd been and with a JCW backbox + the remap they'd got 256bhp!!! (this is on an R56 not a JCW) Other people seem to get like 220ish

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Another possible next car for me, I like them more and more when I see them.
Been looking at videos with Milltek systems on aswell, omfg :eek:

Looks good though dude, very nice :)

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
What power figures did yours see as a result of a remap Strell? Looking at getting 1 of these myself soon and read alot of different figures from P-torque, on mini2 someone posted just the other day saying they'd been and with a JCW backbox + the remap they'd got 256bhp!!! (this is on an R56 not a JCW) Other people seem to get like 220ish

I got 217bhp and 241ft/lb with a scorpion cat back.
Yeah that's sound like BS downpipe and catback will see those figures though.
68859f32.jpg

1cb56df7.jpg

Mini Cooper S
Does yours make much of a noise on idle? I can hear like a ticking noise when it runs.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Hahaha yeah it sounds dog rough.
But if its really loud it could be the timing chain.
Mines been replaced twice under warrenty since new (once previous owner, and once by me). Its known as the cold start problem.
I have been told that it doesnt cause any damage, just sounds horrible, not sure how true that is though.

Did you buy yours from a dealer? If so it should be replaced under the warrenty as well?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I love the drive. I just don't like the fact they cost as much as a evo to run. My gf has a completely standard one and the best I've seen is 27mpg in a year!

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
I love the drive. I just don't like the fact they cost as much as a evo to run. My gf has a completely standard one and the best I've seen is 27mpg in a year!
Surely thats not the latest turbo ones, but the old supercharged one? I struggle to get below 30mpg when going for it, and its normally up at 40mpg?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
25mpg? LMAO you must be driving like tools. I could get 25mpg out of my old supercharged mini driving it hard, the R56 is meant to be streets ahead MPG wise.

Snotter's
They arent as bad as 25 mpg lol but they are by no means good, my gf only gets 32 mpg from hers and she doesnt drive hard.

I have a work car and the idea was i bought her the cooper s so i could use it for fun now and again but the runflats and reliablility issues have meant i dont like it. Ordered some new tyres to see of this helps.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
The cold start problem not doing damage is b****cks, people have had the timing chain snap as a result of it. A guy called doogz over on the pistonheads forum who has had his tensioner replaced twice once just last year had his snap last week and take the engine with it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks decent mate, the seats are very weird for a sports hatch.

Look like rover 75 seats.

Mini Cooper S
There are loads of funky retro options for the Minis. They're not the most comfy seats in the world but I think they look decent.
Much happier with the car now, opposed to when I originally got it. Changed the Pirelli tyres over to Dunlops, they grip a lot better.
The fuel still isn't good, haven't hit 30MPG yet!