ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTI

I spotted this about a week ago advertised on here and various other sites; it looked in superb condition and while it was more expensive than other examples for sale, it was clear how well it had been looked after. Also, the fact that it's more or less standard apart from a BMC CDA was very appealing too.
So, after my Clio sold on Friday, I took a trip up to Edinburgh and snapped it up straight away!
The journey back was a long one, but I don't think I stopped smiling all the way - simply Brilliant car!

5447558587_c084ce9219_z.png

5447560829_02c7ee4859_z.png

5448164438_bf2b5fd8fa_z.png

5447562779_5bd52704cb_z.png

5447563703_f2a41cca1d_z.jpg

5447562041_56ba6cdbb7_z.png

Future plans may include:
306/Berlingo brakes
Bilstein dampers, maybe springs - preferably less than 30mm lower
Poly bushes
JP4 Cam covers
Very mild cams
Stealth exhaust of some sort, possibly.
Lots of paint! (front bumper, bonnet, plastic body kit)

Massive thanks to Callum for letting me have it! :D

Comments/critique/you paid too much welcome.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cracking buy mate, Callum has really looked after it, he has OCD, so i'm not joking everything has to be perfect for him!

Stunning car and the gti's are easily the most legal fun i've had in a car, i'd have one again in a heatbeat.

Pictures are great aswell, decent camera?

He certainly has! Proper credit to him.

I can't believe how much nicer to drive it is than my previous Clio! Lots of fun.

Yeah, using a Nikon D5000 with a 50mm F1.8 film lens :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
To echo what Kevin said, this truly is a stunning example Kudos to callum for keeping it original!

Oh and if you must, PugSport exhausts are hero

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Lovely, dont mess it up.

Not sure about that splitter, looks like a bent laguna one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
^ Agreed.

One of the best Gti i've ever seen...

180.jpg

182.jpg

Very little mods as Rich keeps things standard...

Current Spec

• Faulkner 155lb 30mm Lowering Springs with Bilstein B8 dampers
• Pugsport 3inch exhaust system with Motorsport Cat
• 15 inch Peugeot Ouragan 406 wheels finished in Anthracite with 195/45 15 Toyo T1S Tyres (summer - Standard wheels for winter)
• Alpine CDA-9884R Headunit with iPod lead
• K&N induction kit

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Those wheels aren't as nice as the red one - makes it look like a saxo (is that an odd comment?). But the colours are great.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Those wheels aren't as nice as the red one - makes it look like a saxo (is that an odd comment?). But the colours are great.
Hmm I thought it was strange, if anything the Red ones wheels look more like the VTS ones, the "nimrods" suit the car very very well I think, especially on Red.

172 Cup
Nice Gti - Looks like a clean example

I wouldnt bother with Mild cams (depending on what you mean by that) 708's and a remap are always a good choice anything below that doesnt have much gain on the peformance side of things really especially for the price they will cost, pugsport is by far the best exhaust for them but isnt really that stealth

Inferno 182 & Saxo
106 gtis to me dont seem to have aged at all. Whats that a 1997 model? still looks fresh. Loving the china blue one, my old 106 was china blue too

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
As the others say very clean car Callum kept it well! Good luck with it!

Clio 182
Looks absolutely mint. I had a Black 107 Gti for years before I traded it in for my Black Clio 182. I loved every minute of it!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Iv not heard of a 107 gti was it a one off ;)

I had one in blue on 122K miles and was amazing :approve:

Looks absolutely mint. I had a Black 107 Gti for years before I traded it in for my Black Clio 182. I loved every minute of it!

Flame Red Delight
glad your happy with it mate, keeping it standard looking on the outside is a must in my opinion, the plans you have, sound perfect, wouldnt do the cams to be honest but its your car now haha :) keep it looking that clean

Thanks for the comments!

I will echo what's been said about the splitter - it is a little too large for my taste, but it's an easy fix.
I can't believe the condition it's in, given its age (1997)! Really impressed.

Awesome.

If you need a hand with it give me a shout!

Will do Steve! The rear window de-mist button appears not to work. I can hear it turn on in the fuse box, the switch just doesn't click and stay on. Any ideas? lol

glad your happy with it mate, keeping it standard looking on the outside is a must in my opinion, the plans you have, sound perfect, wouldnt do the cams to be honest but its your car now haha :) keep it looking that clean

Yeah, if I do go ahead with them, it'll be a long time in the future - when the next cambelt is due. It's plenty fast enough as is :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Thanks for the comments!

I will echo what's been said about the splitter - it is a little too large for my taste, but it's an easy fix.
I can't believe the condition it's in, given its age (1997)! Really impressed.

Will do Steve! The rear window de-mist button appears not to work. I can hear it turn on in the fuse box, the switch just doesn't click and stay on. Any ideas? lol

Yeah, if I do go ahead with them, it'll be a long time in the future - when the next cambelt is due. It's plenty fast enough as is :)

Yeah you need a new switch. They are cheap off ebay and the like!

^ Agreed.

One of the best Gti i've ever seen...

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/misc/180.jpg

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/misc/182.jpg

Very little mods as Rich keeps things standard...

Current Spec

• Faulkner 155lb 30mm Lowering Springs with Bilstein B8 dampers
• Pugsport 3inch exhaust system with Motorsport Cat
• 15 inch Peugeot Ouragan 406 wheels finished in Anthracite with 195/45 15 Toyo T1S Tyres (summer - Standard wheels for winter)
• Alpine CDA-9884R Headunit with iPod lead
• K&N induction kit

That's lovely!
Faulkners & Bilsteins seem to be the setup to have, need to do some more research first tbh..
The standard wheels will be staying for sure - I'll just refurb the ones currently on it. Might invest in some Rallye steels for winter use.
Like the 3 inch pugsport! I've always preferred 2 inchers in the past, but that looks good!

Fiesta ST-3
You're good with that camera! Pictures look really good!

Car looks sweet as a nut! Just not too sure on the splitter being so bent!

172 Cup
That's lovely!
Faulkners & Bilsteins seem to be the setup to have, need to do some more research first tbh..
The standard wheels will be staying for sure - I'll just refurb the ones currently on it. Might invest in some Rallye steels for winter use.
Like the 3 inch pugsport! I've always preferred 2 inchers in the past, but that looks good!

The 2inch gives a better sound IMO, i had a 3inch and 2inch on my Rallye and Gti, The 3inch is more borey (if you no what i mean) 2inch has more rasp and with a raceland manifold on a non mapped engine it sounds amazing on the over run and will have you creaming in your pants ;) lol

DSC00080.jpg

SDC10150.jpg

Interesting! It's something I'll have to think about.
Not sure a 2 inch would suit it though? Mainly because it's an outwardly rolled tip... I'd like just a straight cut one tbh.