ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new FD2 Civic Type-R (JDM!)

M135i
Well, following on from this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=314911&page=3

I thought I'd drop in with some pics of my new motor for anyone who's interested....

Firstly though, a few pics of my old cars that may interest some.

My old Clio R27. I loved this car.... to date the best car I've ever owned (though the new FD2 might have something to say soon). Nothing ever went wrong with it and it brought me endless fun....

PICT0020AA.jpg

I then got rid of the Clio for an RS Twingo. Why? In the mis-guided belief that I'd save money running it.

Sure it was cheaper to insure and more frugal, but I quickly got bored of it and craved more power...... Then lost a hat-ful on depreciation.

PICT0064.jpg

Which brings us to this........

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

PICT0055.jpg

Driver's eye view.... note the VTEC indicator in the top left corner.... its the gateway to happiness :D

PICT0060.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

The engine is an absolute peach. I was expecting it to be quite peaky, but its actually very driveable even low down in the rev range.

The clutch and gearbox combo feels just perfect.

The front end feels absolutely nailed regardless of what speed you take into the corner.

The ride which plenty of people have warned me about is quite bad.... but not as bad as I thought. It's not THAT much worse than the Twingo was.... which either reflects well on the Civic or badly on the Twingo depending how you want to look at it.

Overall I'm chuffed to bits with it, though I am in that honeymoon period of getting a new car when everything about it seems perfect. Sure I'll start to get sick of a few things once the months roll on......

Thanks for looking and any comments welcome!

Oh and sorry for the quality of some of the pics. I really should get a new camera but I blew all my money on this thing!

Mk4 .:R32
did you get it from revitupuk.com?

saw one just like that for sale recently, and check again and it's sold.

looks epic. love them

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
lol @ the vtec meter. :D

nice motor! not my cuppa tbh, but i can see the appeal.

M135i
did you get it from revitupuk.com?

saw one just like that for sale recently, and check again and it's sold.

looks epic. love them

Aye that's the one.

Seemed like a bargain price compared to the others so bit his hand off when he offered me a decent trade on the Twingo.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I hate it.
but then its no my car so who cares! As long as your happy! :D

M135i
I hate it.
but then its no my car so who cares! As long as your happy! :D

Lol. 'tis a bit of a marmite car.

I actually work as an accountant so it'll be interesting to see my bosses' face when I turn up to work looking like an extra from Fast & Furious!

Mk4 .:R32
Aye that's the one.

Seemed like a bargain price compared to the others so bit his hand off when he offered me a decent trade on the Twingo.

they have extremely quick turn around of cars at that place, so it seems anyway. they offer pretty decent part ex prices and they price their cars to sell quickly.

good buy anywho :approve:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I actually work as an accountant so it'll be interesting to see my bosses' face when I turn up to work looking like an extra from Fast & Furious!

fpmsl!! Accountants should drive diesel Vectra's! Not one of those!

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I love it, seriously, blue looks fantastic on it. Mate has a white one and it turns so many heads it's unreal, I imagine blue will do the same.

Nice to see you've also got a cd player etc ;)

And one more thing, put it on a rolling road, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the power output on a stock fd2 ;)

M135i
Mizin!, Would rather have a MY08STi or Evo 9 tho

Yeah, did look at Evos and Scoobies.

However insurance on those are crazy. The Civic is 'quite' reasonable but Evos and Imprezas seem to draw quotes of £3k or £4k which is just daft.

Goes with livin in Manc postcode I guess and bein under 25.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Looks nice that - Ive bought a few cars from Mark at Revitup, seems to be a decent guy. Will be interesting to know how you get on with it

Nick

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
lovely mate although i would have cw myself but love it!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks the length of a limo with those doors.

Probably a great drive, shame about the looks.

M135i
Cheers for the comments all.

I did really really want a white one, but the colour that I have got now is really growing on me and I'm sure come winter I'll be glad I didn't go for white.

Drove the car to work today, parked on the street.

Finished work and came back out to find some nice fella had spat on the driver's door leaving a load nasty crap all over the door.

Nice.

Tbh, I'm just glad it wasn't keyed. Think I'll drive my dad's beaten up ol' Merc to work tomorrow instead.

M135i
Very very very small update.

Was really unhappy with the paintwork when I first got it, so had Iain @ Finerdetails have a crack at the swirls. He's got i looking a lot better now.

Just got through some pics that he took. So here they are.

dscn0693.jpg

dscn0694.jpg

dscn0695.jpg

dscn0701.jpg

Would have taken some of my own as well but a combination of poor weather and two trackdays at Oulton this week means the car looks absolutely filthy at the moment.

I asked my friend who rolled with at Oulton to take a pic of me on track. This is what he came back with........:eek:

PICT0069.jpg

Finally, a couple of old photos that I dug out. The nasty uk plate has been replaced by a JDM one since.

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

Cheers for looking!

306 GTI-6

Nice car mate. Doors do look mahoosive though, and I am not 100 percent sure on the colour (but then I drive blaze yellow 306gti, so what do i know?).

One question though, what was his face like when you rocked up in the little roller skate that was the Twingo?

M135i
Nice car mate. Doors do look mahoosive though, and I am not 100 percent sure on the colour (but then I drive blaze yellow 306gti, so what do i know?).

One question though, what was his face like when you rocked up in the little roller skate that was the Twingo?

The same as what most my mates said.

"Is that your girlfriend's car?"

Lol, suffice to say, as good as it was, the Twingo is the car that I've owned for the shortest period of time.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I really like it. are they import only? if you don't mind me asking whats the insurance on it like?

M135i
Very nice fella, I'd like one of these as my next car!

How would you compare it to the 197??

Step up performance wise, in same class as Meg R26 etc.

Think you'd like it coming from the 197. Similar engine characteristics, though the engine and gearbox combo is in a different league IMO.

On track is noticeably quicker, though you could argue not as much sheer fun as the 197. Longer wheelbase makes it more composed which some would see as less fun.

Although I'm now used to it, the ride is a lot more firm than my R27. On the plus side, you're probably already used to the gearing for motorway driving... like the 197 it sits quite high in rev range at 70!

I really like it. are they import only? if you don't mind me asking whats the insurance on it like?

Yeah import only. Costs me a few hundred quid more than my old 197 to insure. Bearing in mind I also have an extra year's NCB since the 197, its quite a bit more pricey.

Me likes a LOT.

What power are they as standard?

225ps is the claimed figure. However, if you believe everything Evo magazine says, Litchfields (the first importer to bring them in) had them pushing closer to 250 on the powerstation rolling road.

Can't confirm myself though.... not rolling roaded mine yet.

M135i
Did you try an R26 too? What did you think of that in comparison?

Yeah.

I liked the R26, but I just prefer NA to turbo.

I'd say FD2 has better gearchange and a more exciting engine.

However, R26 has better steering feel. The Civic's is very accurate but feels a bit arcadey.

Think there isn't much in it between them, I'd argue the Civic is slightly quicker in a simple drag against a standard R26 once the Vtec is fully lit up, but of course u can get into remapping the R26 etc...