ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Evo V

ZX6R B1H
After selling the phs1 which sweppy now has, getting an impreza WRX and realising they are not too good i finally bought a Lancer EVO 5 :D

And here it is :D

P1030131.jpg

P1030123.jpg

P1030124.jpg

P1030140.jpg

P1030137.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Massive massive massive improvement from the Scoob!

Love Evo 5's. :D

ZX6R B1H
lol, Missing flaps are in the boot, i only picked it up friday and i was working most of saturday. Its had all the shite taken out of it, i had some shite front fog lights, blue neon light things and other tacky shite :S

Its had the whole dash virtually taken apart and i've got used to the defi wiring, boost controller wiring etc just making sure everything was ok and not bodged up. I took the alpine W505R headunit out £800's worth and fitted my cheaper alpine one. Its had all the speakers put through a 5 chan amp bleh.

Its running standard boost atm with the boost controller turned off Defis show around 0.5/0.7 bar this is due to the contoller not being setup properly and causing boost spikes when driving hard. The 120mph limit is also still present but it has a speedm8 mph/kph controller which isnt wired up correctly to remove the limit. I think ive sussed this but need to get a day when i can take apart some of the engine and get to the gearbox sender and re-wire this from there.

Apart from that, its lovley and im really enjoying it. Remap, fuel pump walbro 255 and a set of plugs and ahoy 1.6bar :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thats the only thing with the older Evo's, they've always been owned by some bellend that feels the need. The need for speed. And fits gagues and wires and controllers that he has no idea how to do correctly.

My Evo 4 was full of the stuff. We removed about 15 miles of audio/gague wire from it the day I got it! lol. None of it was needed!

ZX6R B1H
Nobbers aint they... Its virtually the same sorta thing. I've left the amp and stereo stuff i really cannot be arsed atm taking that out...

It shall be all sorted shortly, cam and balancer belt as a priority at the moment.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
awsome im saving for a 5 now what do you think to it?

have to say tho ive been looking about and some are shite and have some rather random mods, id never buy a car that has neons lol

audi a6 3.0tdi
Nice, very nice! May i ask why you didnt get on with the scooby?

It was slow!!! my clio use to abuse it and so did my diesel vectra. I'm sure he'll tell you in his own words but thats one of the factors.

ZX6R B1H
On launch, the clio nor the vec would touch it, once in gear it kinda ran out of puff a little too quickly and thats where the clio ate it, The vec was sorta matched to it tbh. It was soft and didnt like corners very much.

It cost 5k and i had more funn in a 1k stripped out shed so after a week or so i hated it and didnt want throw 3k at the thing so fooked it off. Was nice to just get in and drive but the "ive paid 5k for this and its boring" never really left my head. I didnt like the engine either its just wrong lol.

I had some ideas about making it look pretty, so i painted it and did just that... but even after than i just totally lost interest in it and that was that all within 6months lol.

And another reason... The subaru scene, and some of the people in it just seemed weird and well its certainly not for me put it that way and the waving... WTF is that about Get out of it you f******* you get the idea.

320d
Love it gaz. Can't wait to have a look at it. What sort of power will it push out twhen its on the 1.6 bar of boost?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
lovely car, looks so much more agressive than the later ones

ZX6R B1H
me too lol :D

Brett, were looking around 350/350 hopefully. Its kinda prime for it and its a safe fig for the engine/transmission etc. needs a few bits and bobs... but even on baby boost its still quicker than the impreza and you liked that ;)

Schma Schme 1.6l
nice 5, get on the mitsubishi lancer register. you'll soon have it forged 2.4 stroker, TZ04, triple plate clutch, dog box. its a painful road!

audi a6 3.0tdi
The evo is so much better than the impreza. i was following it down a single track country lane when going to take pictures and it just looked like a rally car. It also four wheel drifts far better than the under powered impreza ever could. :)

ZX6R B1H
lol...

Stupid f**king defis went mad this morning :( s**t me right f**king up...

The bellend set them to warn/beep/go mad when the oil pressure goes to 6bar...

Cold morning start with the idle took it to around 6bar, so it went mad bleedping and went crazy. I shat myself turned it off dead quick thought about it and then restarted. All the way home its been a constant BEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP and no stereo :(

Quick play with random buttons, suss how to work it and set the oil pressure to now warn when it should and thats when its on very very low pressure. I hate nobbers who cant setup/do things right scared the bloody poo out of me :(...