ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New E46 330Ci Sport

BMW 330Ci Sport
After selling my 172 a couple of weeks ago, I picked this up on Saturday!

- E46 330Ci Sport
- 3 litre straight six
- 230 BHP
- Full black leather

Best car I've bought or driven. In a completely different league to the Clio! :eek:

BMW-1.jpg

BMW-2.jpg

BMW-3.jpg

Golf R soon...
Very nice! The car I should have bought really if I had a tad more money.

Whats the mileage, and price if you don't me asking, would be interesting to know. PM me if you wish

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate, another car to think about in a few years.

How much did one pay if you don't mind me asking.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I like the 330's. Pull very well. Quite a bit quicker than my mates 172 i found. People on here dont seem to agree though..haha

Golf R soon...
I like the 330's. Pull very well. Quite a bit quicker than my mates 172 i found. People on here dont seem to agree though..haha

A 172 might be quicker to 50-60 but the extra grunt of the 330 after that will kick in and it will pull away...

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I have considered something like this next, what does it do to the gallon with just normal driving? By that I mean not like you have stolen it and not like a nun.

Golf R soon...
I have considered something like this next, what does it do to the gallon with just normal driving? By that I mean not like you have stolen it and not like a nun.

Thats my kind of driving....probably see 28-29 mpg.

BMW 330Ci Sport
Thanks for the comments everyone! :cool:

Very nice! The car I should have bought really if I had a tad more money.

Whats the mileage, and price if you don't me asking, would be interesting to know. PM me if you wish

It's on 99k with full BMW service history and only 2 previous owners. But certainly doesn't feel like a car with 99k. Still feels tight, and pulls like a train! Cost me £5750.

I'm getting about 27mpg at the moment, and I have been putting my foot down a bit! :eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Love it, but then I love all things BMW and 6 cylinders!

Roffle at comparing it to a clio though. Its a 30k compared to a 14k car. It should be better!!

E46 325i, 205 GTI 1.9,
Love it. Mines the 325i saloon and I love that, thinking about upgrading it to a 330 cab at some point soon.

Iceberg 172
Please tell me it's manual!?

I nearly got one of these a few years back but a guy at work had one so I got a TT instead. I was looking at the facelift one but these are still nice.

They drive beautifully, lovely place to be inside but servicing, Tyres etc etc don't come too cheap but the FBMWSH is worth keeping up come selling.

BMW 330Ci Sport
Please tell me it's manual!?

I nearly got one of these a few years back but a guy at work had one so I got a TT instead. I was looking at the facelift one but these are still nice.

They drive beautifully, lovely place to be inside but servicing, Tyres etc etc don't come too cheap but the FBMWSH is worth keeping up come selling.

OH YES! Manual it certainly is :D

Golf R soon...
Thanks for the comments everyone! :cool:

It's on 99k with full BMW service history and only 2 previous owners. But certainly doesn't feel like a car with 99k. Still feels tight, and pulls like a train! Cost me £5750.

I'm getting about 27mpg at the moment, and I have been putting my foot down a bit! :eek:

No way! I paid 5750 for mine as well!:D Mine had 64k on the clock when I bought it.

E90 320d M Sport
I love these. My mate has a black 2001 one. Really classy cars. If I didn't drive 60 miles to work everyday I would have one in a flash.

Are these actually that quick though? I had a go with my mates one and up to 100 we were level...........and then he disappeared due to displacement / extra horses i'm guessing.

BMW 330Ci Sport
I love these. My mate has a black 2001 one. Really classy cars. If I didn't drive 60 miles to work everyday I would have one in a flash.

Are these actually that quick though? I had a go with my mates one and up to 100 we were level...........and then he disappeared due to displacement / extra horses i'm guessing.

It feels quicker than my 172 which had a few mods: Ktec Stealth exhaust, matched inlets, ITG panel filter and a RS Tuner remap.

The BM will do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds. But it's the way it does it. It feels effortless compared to a 172. In the Clio it felt like a shuttle on re-entry!

It isn't really a fair comparison though as the BM was twice the price of the Clio when new! :eek:

Last edited:
  320d
It feels quicker than my 172 which had a few mods: Ktec Stealth exhaust, matched inlets, ITG panel filter and a RS Tuner remap.

The BM will do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds. But it's the way it does it. It feels effortless compared to a 172. In the Clio it felt like a shuttle on re-entry!

It isn't really a fair comparison though as the BM was twice the price of the Clio when new! :eek:

Brilliant analogy that. I know the feeling. Loads of noise, engine feeling like its trying to escape from the car etc.

In big refined cars you just see the speedo go up without any fuss.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I think that's a spot-on comment. My godfather had a fair few Beemers and his last one was a 330Ci. It's certainly not ideal for traffic light GPs (though no doubt it could do it) - but I think their forte is once the car is rolling. They have an almost effortless and smooth push forward and an engine that sounds great when given some beans. :)

Good purchase m8!

D.

Renault Clio 182
Thats what I was looking at getting or the E39 530! But after taking everything into consideration (running cost, services, parts etc) I opted to go for the clio. I do still look at these cars in admiration though, cause they're brilliant..

Why don't you supercharge it??

Iceberg 172
Not at all! I much prefer the look of the 330 to the m3.

Stick some CSL or BBS LM reps on it with some eibachs and it'll look even better.