ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY NEW CLIO 172:d

AK

M240i
Nice.

Change the lights, remove the tints, change the wheels..

Pump the front tyre up.. :rasp:

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
ALL those mods are horrid! remove them, i d wouldnt have bought one that looked like that, but if you happy... :D

BMW E46 330i Touring
I don't think the wheels are 'too' bad.

I would raid a scrappy to egt rear lights, clear side repeaters, normal aerial, normal mirrors and bases and then get a stealth exhaust and lost the mudflaps.

Reckon a few hundred ££ will see you right with a tidy example.

LOL @ HPI'ing someones new purchase!
That still seems cheap to me, stickers are missing on the front bumper so thats deffo been painted, and the camber doesn't look quite right on the o/s/f wheel but that may be down to a flatty. £1950 from a trader is dirt cheap, what did they buy it in at? I would of thought it has to be worth £2500-700ish, maybe im out of touch.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to piss on his parade, but I thought ''f**k me thats cheap'' so hpi'd it.

Needs a bit of TLC though!!

Not got a car
Needs a bit of work.

Not my cup of tea, but with some TLC and de-modding it will hopefully look better.

Not got a car
Has it got a duel exit back box? There looks to be something sticking out lol.

Ummmm shes there better about.

S4 Avant
Christ that's a project to get that looking nice again.

16v badge needs coming off
Stealth exhaust
Smaller wheels
Get standard rear lights
Hideous mirrors need to come off

At least you didn't buy one with a body kit though...

immaculate clio 172
LOL @ HPI'ing someones new purchase!
That still seems cheap to me, stickers are missing on the front bumper so thats deffo been painted, and the camber doesn't look quite right on the o/s/f wheel but that may be down to a flatty. £1950 from a trader is dirt cheap, what did they buy it in at? I would of thought it has to be worth £2500-700ish, maybe im out of touch.
what stickers on front bumper lol ive not noticed them on mine, il have a look :approve:

what stickers on front bumper lol ive not noticed them on mine, il have a look :approve:

This is what I meant but on reflection it may well still have them, im on a tiny netbook and its a cack photo.
Not my photo but you get the idea.
Worth £1950 all day long.

bumpersticker.jpg

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST A THREAD ABOUT THIS VERY CAR.

WHATEVER YOU DO MATE, DO NOT BUY THIS CAR.

I know the lad who used to own it, and he is a complete and utter tool who really hasn't looked after this car. It's been driven round on the redline for god knows how long and I really don't know how it hasn't blown up yet.

Not trying to piss on your parade, just trying to tell you that you should steer well clear of this, it is that cheap for a reason.

Not got a car
That really is nasty the more i look the more i think, you need to walk away, what ever made you lol

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Gotta love the CS detectives! And griff hasn't even graced this thread with his presence!

none
i get it with warranty anyways and a good service with do it some good anything i should look at under the bonnet before i part with all my cash?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
i get it with warranty anyways and a good service with do it some good anything i should look at under the bonnet before i part with all my cash?

I'd maybe ask why the drivers side wing is a completely different colour to the rest of the car. Whole thing reeks of neglect tbh, 10 owners lol ... if a trader is selling it that cheap, to get it off their forecourt asap, theres probably a reason!!

Personally, it it were me, id save up a little while longer & get one that isnt such a snotter :dapprove:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do all of these things:

Make sure the engine is stone cold when you get there. Accept NO excuses.

Check front discs and pads; think £500 to replace that lot.

Check you have a reciept for cam/auxbelt AND the tensioners/idlers. Again, £500 to sort MINIMUM.

Check the tyres are of good quality and have even wear.

Check the engine mounts (drive in 2nd gear and stab the throttle then let off, it will bang/clunk if they need replacing)

Make sure the A/C blows ice cold

Make sure the auto lights/wipers work (put your hand over the sensor on the windscreen)

Check the spare wheel/spare wheel kit is in there.

Make sure you have the locking wheel nut key.

Make sure the remote fob works and locks/alarms the whole car. Renaults have Expensive keys!

Make sure it drives and stops in a straight line. (without you touching the steering wheel)

Check the colour of the oil. Should be golden, not black.

Check the coolant is clean and at the correct level.

Oh, and Ask why the f**k its had more owners than 1 per year.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Erk - if its been pasted I'd think twice

But all the other stuff can be taken off and put back to standard easy enough.

S4 Avant
Do all of these things:

Make sure the engine is stone cold when you get there. Accept NO excuses.

Check front discs and pads; think £500 to replace that lot.

Check you have a reciept for cam/auxbelt AND the tensioners/idlers. Again, £500 to sort MINIMUM.

Check the tyres are of good quality and have even wear.

Check the engine mounts (drive in 2nd gear and stab the throttle then let off, it will bang/clunk if they need replacing)

Make sure the A/C blows ice cold

Make sure the auto lights/wipers work (put your hand over the sensor on the windscreen)

Check the spare wheel/spare wheel kit is in there.

Make sure you have the locking wheel nut key.

Make sure the remote fob works and locks/alarms the whole car. Renaults have Expensive keys!

Make sure it drives and stops in a straight line. (without you touching the steering wheel)

Check the colour of the oil. Should be golden, not black.

Check the coolant is clean and at the correct level.

Oh, and Ask why the f**k its had more owners than 1 per year.

In the future, I would like to hire you, to buy my cars for me.

none
i have just canceled giving my deposit because it didn't have what the advert said says 12 months mot when it is not so am not having it thanks 4 the saver guys il keep looking now :)

immaculate clio 172
This is what I meant but on reflection it may well still have them, im on a tiny netbook and its a cack photo.
Not my photo but you get the idea.
Worth £1950 all day long.

bumpersticker.jpg
Sorry mate i still dont see stickers on your pic, do you mean the black bits that are usually back to blacked etc which arent stickers they are just unsprayed plastic

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Sorry mate i still dont see stickers on your pic, do you mean the black bits that are usually back to blacked etc which arent stickers they are just unsprayed plastic

the black bits are stickers lol, you can peal them off, and never get replaced if the car has been resprayed.

Never above 25mpg
Obviously my pic wasn't that clear...!

Sounds like a right dog! AutoTrader ad is gone for me though :(