ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
this morning i dropped her off at the main dealers service centre, just to get a couple of bits sorted under warrenty.

parked it up and realised id made the right choice with the colour!! just wow.. prettiest car there.

534687_10151926188358484_823785658_n.jpg

59123_10151926188393484_151312771_n.jpg

148704_10151926188433484_432788649_n.jpg

Laura, bring it over. I'm home from the 18th evening and will have mine up on stilts to do my own wheels. More than happy to have a coffee/catch up and do the Aston wheels. Won't take long (might need you to buy some IronX however, as think I'll need some more to do both sets).

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ace sounds like a plan :)

would the wheels nave to come off? im a l;ittle concerned about jacking it up lol. i was told just not to haha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
something to do with the chasis design and it being really easy to f**k it up. maybe it was just bollox but it does worry me.

they dont supply a jack with the car for this reason.

Wheels won't be coming off, I meant to post that mine will be being done so will have the products out/in the mind to do wheels, so yours won't take long. FYI the R8 is the same apparently, but have jacked that up a few times with no issues.

330i. E30 Touring.
something to do with the chasis design and it being really easy to f**k it up. maybe it was just bollox but it does worry me.

they dont supply a jack with the car for this reason.

As long as you use the correct jacking points, no problems at all.

Someone's scaremongering needlessly, TBH.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
didnt take a loan car, didnt need one. Plus they have mercs i think. not a fan.

ill be in my dads MX5 when i go out tonight, not quite as cool lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah course it was, ive only had the car a week lol.

but seeing as i have a daily stress of trying to sort out loan cars for my customers i didnt want to take one when i didnt really need it.

Evo 5 RS
Lol at putting wear and tear on your dads motor when you could of had free motoring for a few days. Fem logic!

Loan / courtesy bit different!

Let him have the Aston for a week lol.

Said in jest mainly but you're a bit bat s**t mental!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
honestly if some of my cuistomers did what i have done it would make my life so much easier... i work on karma haha

back tomorrow, they are dropping it off home for me :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
honestly if some of my cuistomers did what i have done it would make my life so much easier... i work on karma haha

back tomorrow, they are dropping it off home for me :)

Because the first thing on customers' minds when they want their car fixed is how to make the customer service girls job easier.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well shes home, they have delivered it home for me as i wouldnt have been able to get there before close.

Ill give it a good inspection in the morning to make sure its all perfect.
Cant wait to get home and have a drive haha, 3 days without a car has been killer

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Interesting car choice Laura. I've actually had the pleasure of driving a friends nurburg edition and its the car to be in if you want to be looked at but not for being in traffic and hill starts. Lol the clutch always smelled like it was burning. I did get an indicated 172mph though (recorded top speed was 173 so kept it under). But he's a millionaire and even he actually traded it for a new one at servicing time as it was cheaper to do so. Hope you have deep pockets. Lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
Christ, I missed this totally!

Ultimate baller car, even more heroic than dk's barge.

I thought you were a receptionist at Audi or something, you must have a more high-roller job than I thought (or won the lottery).

Awesome purchase, love the colour.
Oi you!

Very nice car, love the colour, welcome to the V8 club, epic soundtrack, i love playing it for people, although that MPG is scary, i see mid 20's for normal driving and then into the 30's for motorway runs!!!

Enjoy the car, I'm still excited to get in mine every day after 3 months :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I LOVE IT. still in love.

yes i could have bought a house but then id sit in in and be lonely.. id probably still spend half my time at my dads place. and as the probablility of my making old bones is slim i may never pay off a mortgage so id be missing out on stuff i want to do to give my kids, who i may or may not have my house when im dead... no ta.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Oi you!

Very nice car, love the colour, welcome to the V8 club, epic soundtrack, i love playing it for people, although that MPG is scary, i see mid 20's for normal driving and then into the 30's for motorway runs!!!

Enjoy the car, I'm still excited to get in mine every day after 3 months :)

That's great MPG for a V8 mate.

I'm lucky if I hit 30MPG on motorway tbh.