ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
tracksuit?

well its booked in at the dealers to have a couple of post purchase things sorted out.
we will see how that experience goes, my aftersales experience with dealres has never been great.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Handles were put in boots for stupid Americans who get them selves stuck in them quiet often I read lol.

Mini Cooper S sport
Christ, I missed this totally!

Ultimate baller car, even more heroic than dk's barge.

I thought you were a receptionist at Audi or something, you must have a more high-roller job than I thought (or won the lottery).

Awesome purchase, love the colour.

330i. E30 Touring.
Handles were put in boots for stupid Americans who get them selves stuck in them quiet often I read lol.

This.

Known as the billy button.

Any luggage space big enough for a typical four year old child or bigger needs an illuminated handle to open from the inside out to suit US regs. Quite a few companies get around this by putting in luggage dividers etc to break up the space, ie, Gallardo.

Laura, if you need the phone number or any help about it, i know a few ex AM techs and a guy who used to work on the technical helpdesk... (Got the workshop manual on my PC if it'd help, lol)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ace cheers i will bare that in mind.

its going in on wednesday to have a brake noise checked out, either the backing plate needs realigning or there is a stone stuck in there, every so often i get this hurendous noise then can only be stoped by stopping, reversing a few feet then going on again.

The drivers side door handle sometimes doesnt return 100% flush when opened and there is a slight water leak into the boot, which i thiink i solved but i want them to check it anyway.

i love warranty lol

Clio
I can't even afford a Ph1.

wel jel.

I can't even afford a PS1.

Love the car though. Seriously though, if I had that sort of cash lying around I'd get a drug habit. The Aston won't be there for ever. The habit will never leave you.

Edition 30
I can't even afford a PS1.

Love the car though. Seriously though, if I had that sort of cash lying around I'd get a drug habit. The Aston won't be there for ever. The habit will never leave you.

Actual laughter.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't say luck has anything to do with it imo, laura has obviously sacrificed things in order to buy it and worked hard!

I didn't mean lucky as in she hasn't earnt it jesus christ what is it with people on here lol.

I meant she is damn lucky to own the thing.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
media

what do people think to the anthricite wheels, i first i was sure i wanted to go down tthat route but now im not so sure.

Evo 5 RS
I would leave it. Like 100% as it is.

Forever.

If you feel the need/love to throw money at it, give it a nice coat of plush wax and some fresh number plates (even if it doesn't need them).

Then just stand back and smile like a trooper.

350Z
They look great imo, would be interesting to see them black with the Aston badges though.

On the second thoughts the car is spectacularly classy.. maybe black wheels would look borderline silly.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Have you got the original pic with silver to compare next to it Laura?

It's weird, I'm normally the one in threads saying 'keep them silver', but they look brilliant in the PS above.

Waste of money. If you've got £200-300 burning a hole in your pockets, spend it on fuel/servicing etc.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i want to have the wheels redone at the end of winter anyway, they arnt kurbed or anything just not a glossy silver like they should be, brake dust sticks to them too.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
thats just one of the web, i think i prerer silver, but a brighter silver.

Silver looks perfect, it's really not a car that needs grey wheels and the colours work perfectly together as they are.

The only real exception for grey wheels is white because white and silver can look odd.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
i want to have the wheels redone at the end of winter anyway, they arnt kurbed or anything just not a glossy silver like they should be, brake dust sticks to them too.

They may just need decontaminating properly, claying and some gtechniq over them.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They may just need decontaminating properly, claying and some gtechniq over them.

I was going to say it sounds like they need cleaning and sealing, but TBH, if you get them done somewhere properly, and then protect them, they will look better.

What are the tyre prices like Laura??

Titanium 182
Laura is you single? (I sound like a gangster here!) If so, consider yourself now married

I have a serious passion for any Aston, especially a DBS, but do have a little sweet spot for the V8.

I would love to be woken up most morning by the sound of that starting up ha