ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

Then all the other staff would ask to park there for a couple of weeks etc. You clearly dont understand much about company politics if you think people will sit back and see someone else get something they arent and be happy about it, lol

If I worked there, and then bought a new car and was told I couldn't have it parked up even for a day, then I would be annoyed that someone else was able to and I was being told no.

But if someone did it for a fortnight, while I was driving my "not new" car, I wouldn't really care that much.

I'll leave it there, as I don't fancy a lecture from you on company politics, which seemingly is another string to your bow.

You clearly dont understand much about company politics if you think people will sit back and see someone else get something they arent and be happy about it, lol

amen to that ....... god some of the things that i have to waste my time dealing with are far more petty than that .....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If I worked there, and then bought a new car and was told I couldn't have it parked up even for a day, then I would be annoyed that someone else was able to and I was being told no.

But if someone did it for a fortnight, I wouldn't really care that much.

Personally I wouldnt care at all, Ive been a self employed contractor for much of the time Ive been working in big companies anyway and hence always excluded myself from such petty politics, so long as I get paid what I feel I deserve then I dont care what rates or treatment others get, but that puts me in the minority.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Are you getting a beater Laura?

I think you'll get bored of the train, very quickly!

P.S. I'm in Didsbury, bring the Aston over lol.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its about half an hour on the home side and 10 mins on the work side.

Ill get a pass for a month and see how i go on

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A moped isn't ACTUALLY a bad shout? Opinion Laura?

Its the best way to go to and from a trainstation if you dont fancy the walk in the pissing rain.
Cheap to run, free to park etc.

Or to ride all the way to work if its not far, traffic not a problem either, they are terrible looking but pretty useful :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Lovely car, nice change from the black and silvers ones. Enjoy it, they look and sound fantastic. :approve:

I've been lucky enough to lend one of these and also the valante version for odd weekends. Awesome cars, everyone loves an Aston.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Just stir it up, be outrageous. Say you're happy not bringing it to work as there is a few jealous bods that you're scared may damage it or that it's too good for the car park anyway. Or maybe with fewer running costs you're now tempted by a Vantage or something daft. Just play it subtle drop in a few comments and I'm sure you can really piss them off. Not sure if you want to play that game though? Doesn't look like you'll lose any friends over it.

Overall it's a shame as there is no doubt it's a cool car, but buying a genuine super car like that (at 25) and taking it to work was always going to result in "this" - shame, as you seem to be pretty easy going about it all.

You know I'm with you on the "you deserve the car" etc front. But, walking around Stockport/Stockport station on your own during winter? f**k that for a bunch of Aston keys.

If work won't allow you to park on site, are there no long stay car parks/alternatives around? Yes Audi might be arses (you know my stance on your heads of departments at Stockport), but their decision is final. Regardless of them going back on their word.

Buying a car needs to make sense to you - not driving it now potentially putting you in harms way because you can't park it at work = buy something else as fun that you can park on the street, in my eyes.

Or move to Macclesfield!

Clio 172
We have a 5 acre site and no staff parking is allowed unless you have a company car 100+ employees on site, bodyshop and service cars, fleet and new retail and the used cars wouldn't leave alot of space for new customers to park. I have a constant battle clearing space at weekends for retail customers to park as it is.

It's a shame Laura can't park on site but the car is no doubt safer at her house, will save her costs and far less chance of some mindless act of vandalism or someone hitting her in it on the way to work.

Keep putting pics up I am enjoying looking at it more and more.

I still don't understand how you're getting £2k quotes on s**tters. I see it was a 106, there's mistake number 1, a car every young kid has smashed up. You need to be looking at stuff young drivers don't buy. I insured my ex Megane for £500 with no NCB, and I'm younger than you.

Bit of a gutter about having to get the train but it's probably a blessing in disguise, keeps dull commute mileage off the car and makes it more fun to own.

Last edited:
  Z4
Just seen this, awesome.
Its heroic buying a diesel A1 in order to save money to buy an Aston!

Love the colour, suits it perfect.

I couldn't care less about the finances, its your money and I'm sure you won't regret it. I've got far too much money ATM and I'd love to do this for a few months but its in the house pot! My M3 at 23 was my mad moment lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
actually im secretly liking the idea of using the train now ive done it, stress free. i dont have to tax the train just to get it to work, or MOT it or worry about its tyres or general repairs, its going to do me some good as ill have to do some exercise and it leaves the aston for fun times!!

DB.

BMW 440i
It's stress free, until its delayed and cancelled, or over filled.

So often not stress free! lol

F*cking hate public transport.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
actually im secretly liking the idea of using the train now ive done it, stress free. i dont have to tax the train just to get it to work, or MOT it or worry about its tyres or general repairs, its going to do me some good as ill have to do some exercise and it leaves the aston for fun times!!

Sounds like win all round then if you dont mind a bit of weather :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's stress free, until its delayed and cancelled, or over filled.

So often not stress free! lol

F*cking hate public transport.

Bingo, they want us to use it more yet it's utterly shocking. The OH was waiting on a bus the other day, didn't turn up... at all. she waited for 45 minutes. Just decided not to turn up.

You can't run your life like that!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
It was 10 mins late today, not really sure how a train can be late? surely if it sets off at the right time it gets there at the right time?

DB.

BMW 440i
Leaves on the line, Disabled customers, electrical problems, staffing problems, troublesome passengers + police, suicide....the list goes on.

Is the road really that bad you can't park it on? I could buy a car and then use public transport due to parking reasons. Bloke near me parks a Lamborghini Mercialago on the road lol!

ive had 3 days of upset and stress over it and i dont want it to ruin my enjoyment of the car

That's a real shame. I sincerely hope it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the car. I suspect it would take some serious upset and stress to put a dent in the joy of owning that glorious piece of machinery though.

I completely missed this thread first time around.

Congratulations. A fine purchase.

Superb car for your money in my opinion, one of the best in that price bracket and certainly a step away from the norm.

:D