ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Jesus Christ! bet it feels amazing to own one of them at your age! I bet just one of the wheels on you car is worth more than mine... super jealous of you! Enjoy it! and that colour is really nice aswell, makes the car look swarve.

Porsche Boxster987S
This is a great thread . Been following it since u posted. You have a great attitude about it all. Any more info on the car itself ? Gearbox , power delivery , tax disc cost, parts and servicing (ie tyres , brakes ,yearly service) etc. interested to find out more :) And if possible a quick video ;) il settle for more pics though :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Problem with people at work is that they will look at what you drive and if its flashy then they will directly link that to what you must be earning.

The bosses son where I work was driving a 911/993 at 23 and a 355 at 25.
He then wondered why there were people sniping. Simple...they thought he was being paid too much and was rubbing it in their face.
Doesn't help that he is an arsehole either...
It's sad but sometimes a bit of discretion is needed just to keep the heat off you. Shouldn't have to be that way but unfortunately some people are narrow minded and these people can make your life a misery.

If you can ride it out then it'll pass in time.

E36 M3. 182
Awesome. Know what you mean about the girly giggle when you drove it home too, I was similar when i picked the M3 up, literally couldn't believe I was getting a go in such a car, then realising it was mine!!! RE the work bitchiness, f**k 'em. You've not got 'owt to prove to anyone.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Always a good way of finding out who friends are unfortunately :(

Whilst Iobviusly don't envy the reasons for buying it I think you should be praised for doing it, and people who are jealous should be asked if they'd like to swap situations. A couple of close friends were mortgage free and with huge savings at the age of 26, great some think but it was only because both of his parents died within a year of each other and in their 50s, given the choice I'll stick to my mortgage and debt thanks! People are often too narrow minded to take into account any back story.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i have no joined the great unwashed on public transport as i now get the train to work, as the aston is banned lol

That's a joke.

Hand on heart, I would start looking elsewhere and then tell them to stick it up their arse.

Laura, is there a single car in the staff carpark that isn't from the VW Audi Group?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wow! You can't exactly leave if your job is funding the Aston but it's so poor!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im not leaving my job lol, i have great job, a job that has seen me very well respected in the Audi network, im set for life.

its not a staff car park anymore, it used to be but it was decided that management would have to park on the roadside parking unless you have a company car, I purposely sought permission to park on site before purchasing the car as a tempoary measure while i sourced an smoker to run to work and back.
however on day 1 a seclect few narrow minded empolees kicked up such a stink that the desicion was U turned and i was told i was no longer allowed to bring the Aston on site. Clearly i cant leave it on the road side in stockport... so it left me really no other choice than to get the train. Its not so bad, a month pass on the train will cost me £50 ish,

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not quite as easy as that in every job as you know.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
This boils my piss. There really are some pathetic people out there.

I hope their car sets fire with them in it, maybe then they'd have something real to moan about.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This boils my piss. There really are some pathetic people out there.

I hope their car sets fire with them in it, maybe then they'd have something real to moan about.

Because they dont want an audi showroom to have its cars for sale over shadowed by some flashy aston?

Without being funny, im sure the dealer principle could afford to banger race an aston if he wanted, so I doubt very much its jealousy, its just a bit inappropriate, you wouldnt want a Focus RS parked up outside your Vauxhall dealership either, despite again the dealer principle probably being worth millions.

I think people are probably taking it out of context.

Yeah, ultimately it's pathetic behaviour.

I can imagine it creates a pretty frosty atmosphere too :(

Some people just can't deal with others having something they don't.

Because they dont want an audi showroom to have its cars for sale over shadowed by some flashy aston?

Without being funny, im sure the dealer principle could afford to banger race an aston if he wanted, so I doubt very much its jealousy, its just a bit inappropriate, you wouldnt want a Focus RS parked up outside your Vauxhall dealership either, despite again the dealer principle probably being worth millions.

Laura has stated that the dealership agreed to the Aston until she found another car.

So it's not the dealership principle who has a problem.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

clearly not actually read the reason hahaha!!

I can totally see where they are coming from , it might not also be the fact its an aston causing the issue it might be that a staff member has been allowed to park a personal car when others can't which is fair enough .... there really should not be one rule for one ,as this causes animosity .

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
clearly not actually read the reason hahaha!!

I read what you wrote, I just dont always make my mind up on a situation by seeing one side of it.

You clearly feel like you are being picked on, and people in that mindset are prone to the odd accident exaggeration etc.

Dont get me wrong I am POSITIVE there are some people at your work who are jealous, but I doubt very much the person at the top making the final decision is.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Have you been smoking today Chip??

Laura states quite a few pages back it's on a 6th floor carpark on site somewhere.

And after reading what's below, I'll leave it at that.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
you know what forget it, i dont want to talk about that side of it anymore, ive had 3 days of upset and stress over it and i dont want it to ruin my enjoyment of the car, i might have to get the train to work BUT i get home and ive got a f**king aston martin sat waiting for me.

plus im looking on the bright side, no more traffic jams, so more road rage, ill save fortunes in fuel and in summer it will be really nice!

The person at the top agreed to the car being there for a short time.

Then their staff kicked up a stink, probably based on jealousy.

So the person at the top had to make a choice, and like any manager they picked the happiness of the masses over that of the individual.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

So the person at the top had to make a choice, and like any manager they picked the happiness of the masses over that of the individual.

Indeed, agreeing to bend the rule for one person becomes a bad choice when others mention it, means that you then have to decide to either bin the rule totally or enforce it or look a hypocrit to your staff who will lose respect for you.

The only mistake they made IMHO was saying that it would be ok for a while till she got something else, was setting themself up for a fall there.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
lol at all this.

Split arses can make literally anything a drama.

Indeed, agreeing to bend the rule for one person becomes a bad choice when others mention it, means that you then have to decide to either bin the rule totally or enforce it or look a hypocrit to your staff who will lose respect for you.

The only mistake they made IMHO was saying that it would be ok for a while till she got something else, was setting themself up for a fall there.

Not at all.

They probably didn't expect their staff to be so pathetic.

If they said, "yeah you can park it here indefinitely, crack on" then yeah, they're making a mistake.

Allowing it for a week or two is a compromise.

thats not how i read it

i read employees have been told no parking on site unless they have a company car .

someone without a company car has been allowed to park on site whilst the rest aren't

the outcome is people are a bit miffed ...... i am sorry but i think it would not have mattered what it was parked there they would have had every right to see someone was getting preferential treatment .

its pretty straight foward ,and i don't see it as an aston issue , for that matter neither did chip

we had similar isues with a dockland car park that was free , it was managers only parking , then a non manager got to stick his car in , and people got pissed off , i see it as the same thing .

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
thats not how i read it

i read employees have been told no parking on site unless they have a company car .

someone without a company car has been allowed to park on site whilst the rest aren't

the outcome is people are a bit miffed ...... i am sorry but i think it would not have mattered what it was parked there they would have had every right to see someone was getting preferential treatment .

its pretty straight foward ,and i don't see it as an aston issue , for that matter neither did chip

we had similar isues with a dockland car park that was free , it was managers only parking , then a non manager got to stick his car in , and people got pissed off , i see it as the same thing .

Now you aren't sticking up for Laura's human rights so you'll be jumped upon as wrong.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
shut up... have another picture insted

8196431553_02144821f2_c.jpg

Astonb-2 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Just think of it as 3 positives.
1. Saves money
2. Saves mileage on the jag in drag
3. Makes it more special when you do get to drive it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not at all.

They probably didn't expect their staff to be so pathetic.

If they said, "yeah you can park it here indefinitely, crack on" then yeah, they're making a mistake.

Allowing it for a week or two is a compromise.

Then all the other staff would ask to park there for a couple of weeks etc. You clearly dont understand much about company politics if you think people will sit back and see someone else get something they arent and be happy about it, lol